Naming your digital children.

Will you name your ships?

• Yup. Sure will.

• Once my pregame fleet is set in stone.

• No names!

• What's in a name?

• I shall search for drunken inspiration!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
@Stevetank
My original thoughts on ship names, back on page one, had a ship called "Wolf's Howl". It was my Sabre, named in honour of my little wolf.

After going through your list of names again, I find myself drawn to "Howling Wolf" - so near in name to that original Sabre, as well as "Where Wolf" - what better make for a Carrack?

I'm thinking, if I use "Where Wolf" for the BMM/Carrack, then I name the snub "Wolftank" (unless I get a Doom Turtle again - that's a perfect Terrapin name), and use "Owl's Well That Ends Well" for the Reclaimer...because things/ships are definitely ending/ended if the Reclaimer is onsite.

The names actually fit. Quite well. Now I need to get a ship to name "Howling Wolf".

Thoughts?
I like your logic so far. Ben said that there was a ship coming that would be a game changer. I'd wait and see how that one turns out. I know nothing about it but those who visited F42 in the UK said that Ben is right. I'd wait for that one and see if it can hold the name Howling wolf.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I like your logic so far. Ben said that there was a ship coming that would be a game changer. I'd wait and see how that one turns out. I know nothing about it but those who visited F42 in the UK said that Ben is right. I'd wait for that one and see if it can hold the name Howling wolf.
Might be a good replacement for the lack of having a Polaris
True story. I shall patiently wait. Haha.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Last edited:

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I am against naming ships on principle

what we name we grow attached to

we need to be ready to blow up sacrifice our ships up at a moment's notice

for the greater glory of Dear Leader and TEST
You can't really sacrifice anything unless it really means something to you. Sacrificing a penny you found on the ground is worthless. Sacrificing your 401k is meaningful. Your ship sacrifice doesn't mean jack all until you name it, upgrade it, defeat a tyrant with it and restore humanity. Only then will it be worth crashing into the Sun! GLORY TO MONTOYA!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yep, sure will. I will name them all after my sexual conquests. Your mother, and your mother and your mother. LOL
All at once? The logistics man! The logistics of pulling people together from all over the world like that just to troll a forum? Your efforts are commendable.

and there are others... your mother, and your mother and your mother, and your mother, and your mother...
The logistics!

I am against naming ships on principle

what we name we grow attached to

we need to be ready to blow up sacrifice our ships up at a moment's notice

for the greater glory of Dear Leader and TEST
I unmelted my LX yesterday because in the face of the 600i that is the level of luxury I can actually afford.

I have named it Riff-Raff and it is ready and waiting to slam against whatever target the Glorious Leader decrees, and my LN War Rocket Ajax is similarly awaiting its orders in a slightly less comfy style.

Potentially, I could crash against two targets at once, if I don't name my ships, I risk the Riff-Raff crashing into a target not worth its level of luxury, like a Cutlass, and War Rocket Ajax could accidentally crash into too luxurious a target like a 600i which would be a total social faux pas, and when you are ramming your ship into something with little chance of survival, i think you'll agree your social standing if you do somehow live is the last thing you'd want to be worrying about...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?