Naming your digital children.

Will you name your ships?

• Yup. Sure will.

• Once my pregame fleet is set in stone.

• No names!

• What's in a name?

• I shall search for drunken inspiration!

Results are only viewable after voting.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
In a true example of my Heralds name "Example of Indecision" I have decided to change it.

My Herald is now called the "Brave Sir Robin", the below video will explain all. Watch it all, if you have flown a Herald it makes sense:

I want this song to play on all frequencies whenever I open its SATA dishes.

"Brave Sir Robin ran away
(No!)
Bravely ran away away
(I didn't!)
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
(No!)
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
(I didn't!)
And gallantly he chickened out

Bravely taking to his feet
(I never did!)
He beat a very brave retreat
(All lies!)
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!
(I never!)"

Last edited:

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
In a true example of my Heralds name "Example of Indecision" I have decided to change it.

My Herald is now called the "Brave Sir Robin", the below video will explain all. Watch it all, if you have flown a Herald it makes sense:

I want this song to play on all frequencies whenever I open its SATA dishes.

"Brave Sir Robin ran away
(No!)
Bravely ran away away
(I didn't!)
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
(No!)
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
(I didn't!)
And gallantly he chickened out

Bravely taking to his feet
(I never did!)
He beat a very brave retreat
(All lies!)
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!
(I never!)"
Man, that is absolutely perfect!! I call mine the "Edward Snowden" for basically the same reason, gather a bunch of data, and then bravely haul ass to Russia!! But I must say, "Brave Sir Robin" is much more TEST!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Man, that is absolutely perfect!! I call mine the "Edward Snowden" for basically the same reason, gather a bunch of data, and then bravely haul ass to Russia!! But I must say, "Brave Sir Robin" is much more TEST!!
Thank you very much, after getting a feel for the ship I thought it was spot-on.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
After a very long time I have finally settled on a name for my 350R.

So, names I had considered: I was originally going to call it "Sotally Tober" as a test theme name, but after flying it in these latest patches was going to go for "Mr. Sandman" as it KO's me all the time or "Pawn Sacrifice" from the WaxWorld episode of Red Dwarf where Kryten and Queen Victoria take on the evil droids and their codename over the radio to Rimmer was 'Pawn Sacrifice', as i die a lot in that ship and like the name...

...but today, April 14th 2017 with the old RSI forum closing in favour of Spectrum, I have been left wondering exactly when Zero Hour is going to fall... and there it is, the perfect name for my 350R.

"Zero Hour"

I can't think of a better name for it and I don't think i'll come up with one more related to my experience in the SC community... it's a keeper.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
After a very long time I have finally settled on a name for my 350R.

So, names I had considered: I was originally going to call it "Sotally Tober" as a test theme name, but after flying it in these latest patches was going to go for "Mr. Sandman" as it KO's me all the time or "Pawn Sacrifice" from the WaxWorld episode of Red Dwarf where Kryten and Queen Victoria take on the evil droids and their codename over the radio to Rimmer was 'Pawn Sacrifice', as i die a lot in that ship and like the name...

...but today, April 14th 2017 with the old RSI forum closing in favour of Spectrum, I have been left wondering exactly when Zero Hour is going to fall... and there it is, the perfect name for my 350R.

"Zero Hour"

I can't think of a better name for it and I don't think i'll come up with one more related to my experience in the SC community... it's a keeper.
1. That's a great freaking name. Good work.
2. Thanks for reviving this thread. I've been meaning to. That being said, I still haven't decided on a name for my Carrack. Woe is me. Indecision 2017. Haha.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
1. That's a great freaking name. Good work.
2. Thanks for reviving this thread. I've been meaning to. That being said, I still haven't decided on a name for my Carrack. Woe is me. Indecision 2017. Haha.
Thanks, I have to spend a stupid amount of time working out what suits a ship, just need to wait for those decals now...

I am thinking I need an PMUV just so I have something to name "Thunder Chicken".
As good an excuse as any, you've got the name, just need the ride to go with it.

#G#

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2017
RSI Handle
EddyRockSteady
Aegis Dynamics Idris-Military *ATALANTA*

Aegis Dynamics Retaliator Heavy Bomber *BANSHEE*

Aegis Dynamics Sabre x 2 *SCYLLA, CHARYBDIS*

Aegis Dynamics Reclaimer *NEMESIS*

Anvil Aerospace Hornet Ghost *NYX*

Anvil Aerospace Carrack *MORPHEUS*

Anvil Aerospace Terrapin *IRIS*

Anvil Aerospace Crucible *VULCAN*

BIRC Banu Merchantman *MERCURY*

Drake Interplanetary Caterpillar *SAMAEL*

Drake Interplanetary Cutlass Blue *ANUBIS*

Drake Dragonfly Black *CASTIEL*

Drake Dragonfly Yellowjacket *SARIEL*

MISC Starfarer Tanker Gemini *CHARON*

MISC Freelancer MIS *CIRCE*

MISC Hull E *HERMES*

Origin Jumpworks 350r *ASMODEUS*

RSI Constellation Aquila *ABADDON*

RSI Orion *PLUTO*

Xi'An Khartu *ALECTO*

Vanduul Scythe *AZRAEL*

AMX-1 Repair Bot *R2D2*

Last edited:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Nice collection of ships!

Hm, I need to do some homework, again, and name my ships...I mean, the new ones :D

Reactions: Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't have a ship to go with this name yet, but I have just come up with, the "Depths of Khewra" which I think is pretty cool.

Khewra is the worlds second largest Salt mine. Where is the biggest? Some would say it was The RSI forum before it closed, of course! :smile: I think the name would go well with a deep-diving gas miner.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I don't have a ship to go with this name yet, but I have just come up with, the "Depths of Khewra" which I think is pretty cool.

Khewra is the worlds second largest Salt mine. Where is the biggest? Some would say it was The RSI forum before it closed, of course! :smile: I think the name would go well with a deep-diving gas miner.
I like it. Well thought out: much like all of my posts!

Forgot your password?