Naming your digital children.

Will you name your ships?

• Yup. Sure will.

• Once my pregame fleet is set in stone.

• No names!

• What's in a name?

• I shall search for drunken inspiration!

Results are only viewable after voting.

MastahZero

Rear Admiral
May 27, 2016
RSI Handle
MastahZero
Well allow me to dabble in this ship naming thread because I have put some thought into my ships (Or ships to come)

325a - The Mistress

Buccaneer - Bad Wolf

890 Jump
- S.A.R.K.I.S. (Swag and Relative killing in space)

Vanguard Harbinger - The Moment

Avenger Warlock - Screwdriver

Prospector
- The Companion

That's it for now. Hopefully the theme isn't obvious (Lmao)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Connie Taurus LTI: Reoccurring Tendencies 2
My only LTI ship, name is a smart arse take on that.

Avenger Warlock: Electric Mayhem
Part ode to Montoya's house being struck by lightening all the time, part ode to Dr. Tooths band in the Muppets. Also, another smart arse take on the whole EMP thing.

Aurora LX: Riff Raff
When you are surrounded by the luxury of a leather seat and probably a real feather pillow, its important to never loose sight of your roots. It may be luxury but its pilot is not.

If I ever got a destroyer, or a capital ship (not my aim in this game, don't want crazy crew issues), they would be the Reduce To Ashes and the Reticent Command based on names i gave ships of that style in previous space-sim games i'd played.

Was aiming to grind up a Herald in game for no particular reason, that would be the Hark, Nonsense! and the Reliant News Van would be the My Media Degree Put To Use At Last.

Edit count for this post: Yes.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
You knowni was going to have 2 sabers and call them the teasing twins... but with the bucaneer... would be a perfect for a couple of pirate light fighters.

I have 2 characters so there is 2 naming schemes

Pirate:
Buccaneers: Teasing Twins/Tripletz
Cutlass:??
Caterpillar: Cyanide Cindy

Citizen:
Super Hornet: Iron Ass
Gladiator: ???
m50: The Garage Queen
Crucible: Stitching Serena ( named after my daughter with inspiration from welding wendy)
Carrack: Curious Chloe (named after a friend niece who was born with a condition and didnt make it...)
890J: Daejeon Days (where I meet my wife for the first time)
Idris: Winters Stand

All alien ships will be generic names ex Vanduul-Light Fight 1

*edit forgot the 890J, m50 and gladiator. Might be more.

Last edited:

Gneissnoggin

Admiral
Feb 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Gneissnoggin
I am absolutely horrible at naming things. Can't name characters in games, can't name cars, can't name my ship. And I only have one right now. Imagine when I start getting more. I am screwed. Right now all I have is a Sabre. I have been thinking of looking up famous sword names, fictional or non. Not very original.

Also I just wanted to say that I remember seeing something on a thread, may have not been this org, Someone was saying that small jets and fighters are not named. Only larger things like ships and subs. My response has always been that I know every pilot has a name for their plane. No matter how small. It may not be registered with the military or whatever but it has a name.
Pew Pew Pointystick?

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
So, after much shifting of ships...

Connie Aquila - Century Hawke (Half way between here and there)

Cutlass Red - Mortis (Death's steed) (P.S. I must re-acquire this one)

Mustang Beta - (I have no freaking clue at this moment)

Reliant Kore - Sundaes in the Park (My wife's and my cruise around the 'Verse ship)

Star Liner - USS Cygnus (If you know where I got this name, then you're just as old as me-ish)(I don't own this yet, but it's my in-game goal for now)

That's the current list, with currently owned ships, and ones I WILL be picking up. And as new ships come out, things will be added.

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp

Reliant Kore - Sundaes in the Park (My wife's and my cruise around the 'Verse ship)
=) Just love this idea! My wife Vibrant Penumbra and I will be in a Mako the Miss Perception...

Star Liner - USS Cygnus (If you know where I got this name, then you're just as old as me-ish)(I don't own this yet, but it's my in-game goal for now)
...and we will sight see everything, even the Black Holes ;-)

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I have decided to call my Aurora "The Pointy End".
That seems like the most fitting title considering how I intend to use it.
Was it you who rammed into me today or some other testie? The Hornet I was in insta-exploded and the mighty Aurora flew on unscathed.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
well I only have one of the ships from the last post The SS Morgan ( Orion )
the new ships are. Endeavor Hope Class '' I`m toying with Obama care, or Do we screw them and how ''
Starfarer XXX Private Stock XXX
Freelancer DUR Uber Direct
Buccaneer ShowTime 100
All subject to change :slight_smile:
All subjects have changed.
Endeavor is no more. freelancer is freed to be a cuttless.
Starfarer is no more, as is the Buccaneer.
Now we have the Polaris, still have the Orion, Cuttless Black, Constellation Aquila, and now some land cruisers.

Last edited:

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
So far, unless i decide to scrap my sabre since i have the buccaneer, or if i decide to grey market another sabre or CCU my buc into a connie or something here is my preemptive list.

Freelancer DUR - Serenity II (Minus its small size, it's cross section reminds me way too much of the Firefly Class ships.)
Sabre - Spirit Revival (Its top down look is similar of that to a revised B2 Spirit Bomber [Im not drunk enough for good names xD])
Buccaneer - The ADI Hunter (I had too...)

Forgot your password?