New Concept Ship Tease: Origin 100 Series

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Since we're having fun, shooting in the dark, I'm going to say the Carrack's scout ship.
Great minds clearly think alike that my 1st thought was that while it looks similar to the Carrack, it would be perfect for it to be the scout ship for the Carrack.

This weeks Subscriber update had a sneak peek showing: "Origin Jumpworks is shaping the future of fuel-efficiency and environmental awareness, with their new patented AIR system."

Maybe an Origin small/medium refueling ship?
That would be interesting but a small refueler? that is kinda silly i think the smallest a refueler could be would be a starfarer.
There is already a small - medium sized refueling ship, it's called the Vulcan.

Either way, if it's from Origin, then it is probably a luxury version of whatever it will be designed to do. So I'm interested. :) I wonder what I'll end up having to melt this time. LoL I can hardly wait for my income finances to get back on track in a positive direction so that I can stop buying & melting so that I can start restoring my melted concept ships to my fleet as well as better support SC. That Golden concierge armor is so close to being mine it is crazy. ;p

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
To refuel other ships perhaps, to capture refine and take to a CryAstro to sell? Probably not as ridiculous a concept, CryAstros would probably have a fleet of these rather than one or two big Starfarers taking up space...?

As always if it's affordable maybe, if its unaffordable? Mans gotta eat, however being a backer has taught me how surprising how little food a person actually needs to get buy on day-to-day is.

My guess is RSI ship, they have the smallest offering now with just the Aurora, Connie, Polaris and Onion but i suppose it'll end up Anvil given the similar shape to the Carrot.
Id have to say a ship that does that i wouldnt call a refueler anymore. more like a tug or salvage ship

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Certainly has elements of the Gladius and Carrack, so could be anything Anvil or Aegis. Doesn't "concept sale" mean it will be something new? After something is in concept once, don't they call it something else when they make it available again?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
if I weren't allergic to the CIG forums I would start a petition calling for a moratorium on new ships until the ships we've paid for are all flyable

bah humbug

get off my lawn

et cetera

edit: I will likely buy several, for LTI tokens, if nothing else

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
if I weren't allergic to the CIG forums I would start a petition calling for a moratorium on new ships until the ships we've paid for are all flyable. . .
Or at least if they would now limit the new ships in concept by the number of ships each quarter they release. I don't care if they put out six new ships per quarter, so long as they finish the same number. And really, three versions of the Mustang is NOT three ships. They just released 4 ships total, not six. Not sure how many went on concept the last quarter, but I think it is more than four, so they are continuing to fall behind.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
Ok to recap they gave subscribers a lore post on Crusader Industries and their first transporter ship called the Jupiter. To me access is denied since I don't subscribe. But I'm going with 90% its a Crusader Industry ship since this company doesn't have much to to show other than the Genesis Starliner

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ok to recap they gave subscribers a lore post on Crusader Industries and their first transporter ship called the Jupiter. To me access is denied since I don't subscribe. But I'm going with 90% its a Crusader Industry ship since this company doesn't have much to to show other than the Genesis Starliner
I genuinely forgot Genesis Crusader existed.

Forgot your password?