New concierge reward... prepared to be jelly.. possibly

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So, I understand that $1000 is High Admiral, $2500 is Grand Admiral, $5000 is Space Marshal, $10,000 is Wing Commander, and $25,000 is Legatus Navium?

On a different note, the purpose of having gold plated guns, suit and ship is to intimidate people so you don't have to shoot them. That and something sharp to wear to weddings. I've played enough MMO's to know there will be weddings in SC. And cake.
Something sharp to wear at space weddings on SC, huh? Well I know what I'll be wearing when I space wedding crash. LoL Don't worry my fellow TESTies who are interested in space piracy, while I'm cutting a rug under the space disco ball & have the majority of the attention, that will be your cue to raid the wedding gifts & of course the bar as well. Cheers! *starts the Bee Gees song "Staying Alive" & doing a bit of Disco dancing under a mirror ball in the golden suit to magnify the hypnotic light effects.*

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Being we are test I am not sure how many gifts will be stolen as the bar is a mighty fine distraction.

Kind of reminds me of a joke I heard once.

How do you stop a test pirate from taking your ship?

Throw a keg out the airlock.
Are you sure that was a joke? I recall having said close to when I joined TEST that I plan on bribing TEST pirates with alcohol to spare as much of my cargo run as possible. Now that I think about it, that won't work if I'm hauling a BMM full of distilled spirits because that would be like you finding a massive treasure trove to enjoy.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Kind of reminds me of a joke I heard once.

How do you stop a test pirate from taking your ship?

Throw a keg out the airlock.
Are you sure that was a joke?
Don't forget TEST Weapons Research Lab is also theory-crafting up a storm on Party Kegs - Self-guiding Space Mines.

They were designed when jousting was a big problem. Chuck a couple of Party Kegs out the back while jousting and the enemy flies into the path of what are essentially barrels of TNT with Mav thrusters on which move toward whatever you are targeting and have Area of Effect damage.

It'd give an extra edge to the light fighters with cargo bays like the Avenger. All theory-craft, not actual in-game stuff but then thats what the TWRL is...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
BMM full of distilled spirits because that would be like you finding a massive treasure trove to enjoy.
Don't you mean a BMM full of distilled spirits would be better then finding a massive treasure trove? Of course owning such a ship would not be yours nor full for long for Owl has a nose for such things.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
CIG's lawyers are the best.

"This is the last chance for LTI!"
and by this we mean for these specific ships, all new ship concept sales will have LTI, plus you can CCU them!

"The game is fully funded now!"
and by this we mean the game was fully funded until we massively expanded the scope, so we need more money

"We will never sell another Vanduul fighter again!"
and by this we mean we will sell exact replicas of Vanduul fighters, that are in fact identical or even superior to the original Scythe.

"We will never sell the F8 Lightning!"
and by this we mean we will only make it available as a "thank you for giving us 10,000 dollars you fucking whale" present, and it's technically the "civilian version" which we regard as a separate ship so fuck you"

Yeah yeah you can get a token for buying it with UEC in the PU if you beat SQ42, yeah yeah. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and is another technicality. We don't need any more milspec (or close to it) 1-2 man fighters, we're fucking tripping over them at this point.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
We don't need any more milspec (or close to it) 1-2 man fighters, we're fucking tripping over them at this point.
I can't deny - they are coming out of our collective arses.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Is a compelling reason required to shoot at anyone not in test... and sometimes at members of test for shits and giggles? I mean I understand what you are getting at and I do agree that adding more ships for none combat focus would be nice, and yet there really is no need for a reason for players to attempt to kill each other and engage in massive wars.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
True but are there ever truly enough? After all what good is a top hat if I have to fly the same ship for more then 5 mins?
But you are forgetting - ship skins are on the way soon(tm). You can change the ships appearance once every five minutes almost indefinitely, so that should reduce the amount of times you need to change ship by a factor of 10.

I accept combat craft were required for Sq42. While working on the assets for that game you'd be creating the models etc and to retain them from the SC would waste valuable testing opportunities. Still kinda sucks that there will be nine Super Hornets for every Mustang Alpha and it sucks even harder for those ship owners that pure-bred fighting ships will very likely be limited range and a pain in the ass to get anywhere in.

Mark my words the 300 series isn't going to look so useless when you can fly five systems without refueling and the Super Hornet can only go one and a half. And they accuse me of running now? Anyone fires a shot at me in Terra and i'll stop running in Tyrol.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
But you are forgetting - ship skins are on the way soon(tm). You can change the ships appearance once every five minutes almost indefinitely, so that should reduce the amount of times you need to change ship by a factor of 10.
Not really the thread for me to ask this, but you've reminded me of a question I've had for a while.
Does anyone know if we're going to be able to make custom ship skins at some point?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Its been asked off and on again over the years but I don't think its ever been answered. But don't because CIG has already created us a custom skin for the Aurora.
https://testsquadron.com/threads/official-crash-test-skin.11579/
And they've said elsewhere that they should be able to have the same skin applied to every ship, simply by creating templates and applying some tech-sorcery. Still, i'd like to emblazon my ship's name along the side, and it doesn't seem like there'll be a way to do that in-game.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Not really the thread for me to ask this, but you've reminded me of a question I've had for a while.
Does anyone know if we're going to be able to make custom ship skins at some point?
Almost certainly the answer is No.

CR hasn't given a definitive answer but he has on numerous occasions discussed the extreme difficulty in making the game actually perform if people were allowed to do that.

The game is what, 40 GB? It's all because of the art. If every player had their own art, it would literally be impossible to stream it all to the other players who can see their ship.

SC isn't some piece of shit game with terrible graphics that's easy to customize. The art is huge.

Forgot your password?