Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
I would buy a Vulture (with in-game money) but not feeling too driven to buy one and not be able to use it for a year or two unless it was cheap af and LTI and had a decent loaner

Speaking of which, that ship loaner grid really needs some work. Hawk loaner = Aurora MR... a 90$ backing gets a what... $20 loaner? Yeah... thanks CiG.

Feels like they hired some EA employees around here lately

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I would buy a Vulture (with in-game money) but not feeling too driven to buy one and not be able to use it for a year or two unless it was cheap af and LTI and had a decent loaner

Speaking of which, that ship loaner grid really needs some work. Hawk loaner = Aurora MR... a 90$ backing gets a what... $20 loaner? Yeah... thanks CiG.

Feels like they hired some EA employees around here lately
Personally, I think that they should consider using a ship that is as similar to the function of the ship it is close to each other as possible. (i.e. They could use the Avenger Stalker as the loaner for the Hawk as they are both meant for bounty hunting & some dog fighting. Or they could offer them a loaner of the Cutlass Blue to show them what they could get by upgrading to a more expensive ship that also is meant for bounty hunting.)

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
You said the carrier is going to win :(

Why is the Vulture in the lead? Have citizens forgotten how much they want a pocket carrier?
Maybe people came to their senses about the time and effort required to get a pocket carrier flight ready.

Single crew salvage is much much smaller and no doubt easier to make.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Maybe people came to their senses about the time and effort required to get a pocket carrier flight ready.

Single crew salvage is much much smaller and no doubt easier to make.
I'd rather have a good ship than just another ship :P

Besides, the Cutlass can salvage as well, plus it has tractor beams. Any EVA hand tools for salvage can be stored in the back of a Cutlass in a chest or box.

It's hard to beat that $100 utility ship in utility :D

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I genuinely hope that all of the perspective ships discussed get created at some point. Even if some of them are built by designers other than Drake. I still feel that the Carrier is the ship that would make the most difference overall even if it takes longer to bring to flight ready status. It could have potentially served as a mobile base of operations for people to launch raids from as well as to repair & restock their ships.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

Besides, the Cutlass can salvage as well, plus it has tractor beams. Any EVA hand tools for salvage can be stored in the back of a Cutlass in a chest or box.

It's hard to beat that $100 utility ship in utility :smile:
I agree & point out that the same points can be made for the Cat. The difference being the amount that can be stored within the different ships.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I genuinely hope that all of the perspective ships discussed get created at some point. Even if some of them are built by designers other than Drake. I still feel that the Carrier is the ship that would make the most difference overall even if it takes longer to bring to flight ready status. It could have potentially served as a mobile base of operations for people to launch raids from as well as to repair & restock their ships.
Think of the asset library a Drake ship like that would bring. CIG could pump out so many more ships after that! :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You said the carrier is going to win :(

Why is the Vulture in the lead? Have citizens forgotten how much they want a pocket carrier?
Never underestimate how much people hate having to rely on other people. Solo ship for the win.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy

It's hard to beat that $100 utility ship in utility :smile:
Yeah I saw that mentioned a lot on Spectrum and well... everywhere. Maybe it will have a cutting laser or ....

Okay I can't think anything. I want POCKET CARRIER!!!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Think of the asset library a Drake ship like that would bring. CIG could pump out so many more ships after that! :slight_smile:
I completely agree my friend. What I want for the the Holidays special is at least some sort of acknowledgement that CIG is evaluating the various forms of modules for the Cat as well as the full release of Alpha 3.0, which should cause many of those taking a break from SC to return & encourage new backers to join the movement.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I completely agree my friend. What I want for the the Holidays special is at least some sort of acknowledgement that CIG is evaluating the various forms of modules for the Cat as well as the full release of Alpha 3.0, which should cause many of those taking a break from SC to return & encourage new backers to join the movement.
Elwin says that they have spoken a lot about broadside cannon modules for the Caterpillar in the newest Happy Hour. There's 1 module they are thinking about and in my mind that's one of the better ones, ha.

Will C.

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2017
RSI Handle
Mute_01
Lol for years people were complaining about not having a pocket carrier. So when they get a chance to get one they don't vote for it. Little over 23k votes so lets just say a large portion has not yet voted.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I personally hope that you are correct of that the pocket carrier ends up getting enough votes to also be accepted into the pipeline.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I truly believe each design has been or was in design, during the happy hour Lando hit a nerve and the other guy(not sure who) mentioned red flags and the hairs on his arms when Lando mentions the Starflight had multiple tentacles to move cargo/boxes.

I truly believe each viewer choice has been or will be in development at some point, it's just efficiency to make sure the winner has at least a few weeks in development as a jump start.

Forgot your password?