New fallout game trailer! Fallout 76! and Bethesda presentation!

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Thanks for the link!

So Fallout 76 will add in some Conan Exile vibes, with around 40? ("dozens") player per server, but no server lock whatsoever. Sounds amazing!

For all European players wanting to join the beta:

Currently, you can pre order the game in 3 different versions and have to choose your region. Europe is not available for now. You will only see US and Canada.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
4x bigger than Fallout 4?

That is going to massive!

Question is how dense will the actual environment be? Big open spaces with nothing in them does not count as good content to me.

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
why is this discussion polluting General Discussion when we have an Other Games forum?

what does this have to do with Star Citizen?

does Dear Leader really believe that whatever he's into is important to the entire community?

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Will I get to threaten other players while my jiblets flop around like in Rust? Because this game will just devolve into a psychopath simulator if people are given enough freedom.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
What is scary to me is the appeal of the very dysfunctional games that teach us to devalue life. The trend started with Grand Theft Auto, but it is continuing, and combined with legalizing drugs that make psychosis the norm, the end of Western Civilization is now in sight. Yeah, it's just a game, but all gamers have known for decades it matters entirely what you imagine when you game. Look at what is being promoted as "normal" here, like head-stomping (and I'm owning, it looks like a good game!):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
What is scary to me is the appeal of the very dysfunctional games that teach us to devalue life. The trend started with Grand Theft Auto, but it is continuing, and combined with legalizing drugs that make psychosis the norm, the end of Western Civilization is now in sight. Yeah, it's just a game, but all gamers have known for decades it matters entirely what you imagine when you game. Look at what is being promoted as "normal" here, like head-stomping (and I'm owning, it looks like a good game!):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8
It's not just games. Look at all artistic depictions of the future from the past 20 years. We as a society are fixated on dystopias because that is where we feel our world is headed. We lack hope for our future. For example, in CyberPunk the world is run by mega-corporations that monitor every aspect of your life. Sound familiar? Once the REAL corporations stop fearing the world's governments, then this is exactly the world we are going to live in. Art imitates life and we are all pyschopaths, just waiting to happen.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
why is this discussion polluting General Discussion when we have an Other Games forum?

what does this have to do with Star Citizen?

does Dear Leader really believe that whatever he's into is important to the entire community?
All the cool kids hang out in General, man.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
narcissistic megalomania, or megalomaniac narcissism?

you be the judge
Those words are too big, can you use small ones?

But to answer your question as to why this is in genchat, its because SC is pretty dead until next patch, so if people want to talk about other games, then we talk about other games.

OR, we can talk about this cool bu that happened in Port Olisar when that box got attached to your hand when you respawned, for the 872th time.

Forgot your password?