New Ship to be sold at Citizen Con - Never seen before

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
For Petes sake, Drake has 2 ships, one doesn't fly, and the other isn't even hangar ready. Anvil and RSI have the 2 biggest names in the 'Verse right now, and Consolidated only has 1 ship. Let this be their Military bid.....

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Double post but fuck me Vindicator sounds just like an Aegis name.

Please no more Aegis ships for a bit. Please please please please.

I like Aegis, but for the love of God, they already have like 1/3rd of the current ship lineup. Give any other ship manufacturer a shot. Drake, RSI and Anvil still have 3 ships available (well, Anvil has F8 Lightning as well, but thats firmly out of most peoples hands), throw em a bone.

Aegis is has a bunch of retired military ships that are being released to the public. Aegis is the old Anvil. So it atands to reason there is a bunch of old Aegus on the table.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
For Petes sake, Drake has 2 ships, one doesn't fly, and the other isn't even hangar ready. Anvil and RSI have the 2 biggest names in the 'Verse right now, and Consolidated only has 1 ship. Let this be their Military bid.....
Drake has 5 ships. Carerpillar. Cutlass. Herald. Dragonfly. Bucaneer.
Anvil has 5 ships. Hornet. Carrack. Gladiator. Crucible. And the lightning we arent supposed to know about.
Aegis has 8 and 2 are cap ships.
Origin has 4 and 1 is a parasite ship.
RSI has 5 and 2 are cap ships (1 of thise is the bengal.
Esperia has 2.
Consolidated has 1
Crusader has 1

Facts man facts. Drake is just fine with numbers. Origin is slightly under but expected as they are a elite luxury company not a mass producer.

IMO RSI is supposed to have the most being the biggest as it is the strongest company and produces mass transport for the masses. Aegis is second as they produced all the military equipment that is restired and being retired now. Anvil is 3rd as they are replacing Aegis at a rapid pace. Then Origin as they are a med to high luxury craft for the masses. Finally Drake as it is a company that was nearly in ruins and is now recovering. They are cheap ship with a bad rep for pirates so the masses steer away.

The rest of the ship companies we dont know much about tbh.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Color me intrigued. Do the rumors say anything else?
Nothing that I know of yet, I just hope its bad/wrong information.
I was bored and sufing the speculation thread on RSI general and came across it from uggg DS
Rumor has it that Drekt still can't wipe his ass without posting about it to twitter and then threatening to sue the toilet paper company because it wasn't soft enough.
$175 means its not a capital ship :( i was hoping for an endeavor hope size militaary craft
at $175, I expect it to be a 2 seater thats the size of a freelancer

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Double post but fuck me Vindicator sounds just like an Aegis name.

Please no more Aegis ships for a bit. Please please please please.

I like Aegis, but for the love of God, they already have like 1/3rd of the current ship lineup. Give any other ship manufacturer a shot. Drake, RSI and Anvil still have 3 ships available (well, Anvil has F8 Lightning as well, but thats firmly out of most peoples hands), throw em a bone.
Hmm you got a point, diversity is always good, it always makes a game better, instead of ending up with something more akin to rock paper scissor in terms of options.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Anvil has 5 ships. Hornet. Carrack. Gladiator. Crucible. And the lightning we arent supposed to know about.
Esperia has 2.
Consolidated has 1
Crusader has 1

Facts man facts. Drake is just fine with numbers. Origin is slightly under but expected as they are a elite luxury company not a mass producer.

IMO RSI is supposed to have the most being the biggest as it is the strongest company and produces mass transport for the masses. Aegis is second as they produced all the military equipment that is restired and being retired now. Anvil is 3rd as they are replacing Aegis at a rapid pace. Then Origin as they are a med to high luxury craft for the masses. Finally Drake as it is a company that was nearly in ruins and is now recovering. They are cheap ship with a bad rep for pirates so the masses steer away.

i think Vindicator would be consolidated outland... since it s a borderlands craft.. ?? would fit well, no ?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Esperia has 2.
Consolidated has 1
Crusader has 1

First of all, Drake has 3 Ships, not 5. Dragonfly hasn't even been started the basic concepting yet, CIG just said they would like to make it eventually. Buccaneer was a name posted on a lore blurb and has never even been mentioned to be made yet.

I forgot about the Crucible, so that's fair.

Drake was never nearly in ruins, you're thinking of Aegis. Drake only became a company about 20 years ago, when they sold the Cutlass (built to fill the 2922 "Volksfighter" contract) to the public. They then jumped from literally nothing to being the 5th largest ship maker in 5 years. Drake was a veritable powerhouse in the ship making circles, they were doubling to quadrupling their sales every year. They then realized that pirates were a good chunk of their sales and then decided to roll with it. Profit over ethics. Cutlass is a very popular ship lorewise, both for pirates and non-pirates alike because it's cost effective and easy to mod.

Aegis on the other hand almost went under, since they were deeply connected with the Messer regime, and once that got overthrown people were sick of them. Had massive layoffs, and they only make a few ships today. Hence why most Aegis ships are either retired military (Gladius, Retaliator, Avenger, Javelin, Idris), or new "civilian" models for their new softer image (Reclaimer). Redeemer is a bit of an odd duckling since it wasn't made by CIG, 4Horsemen just picked Aegis because they liked it.

I don't really even want to count the huge ships like the Bengal, Pegasus, Retribution, etc etc because they are so outside the realms of attainability for most players.

Consolidated works because in lore its a brand new company, Mustang is their first ship. Crusader apparently just makes the Genesis, and Esperia only had the Prowler before CIG decided to find a loophole way to sell the "Glaive" without selling a legit Vanduul ship.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
If I were writing the lore, The Redeemer would be Aegis's last ditch attempt to save the companies military contracts.
Crusader builds public transportation. The Starliner was the first of these ships we have seen, as I am sure there will be more to come. Esperia seems to focus on making human pilot able replicas of alien ships. The Prowler is a Tevarin based ship.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
You left out aegis.
Redeemer, Retaliator, Gladius, Avenger, Vanguard.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
i think Vindicator would be consolidated outland... since it s a borderlands craft.. ?? would fit well, no ?
Well as CR and other devs have said the in game companies represent RL companies ( or a group of companies). The best connection I know with Consolidated is Tesla. Which has 3 cars. A luxury, a SUV and a soon to happen everymans car. Mustang is the everymans car. AFAIK I have zero info on the vindicator at this point so cant place it. Consolidated is also a new company who does not have alot of lore. Sorry but cant make a good saying if they are connected.

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
First of all, Drake has 3 Ships, not 5. Dragonfly hasn't even been started the basic concepting yet, CIG just said they would like to make it eventually. Buccaneer was a name posted on a lore blurb and has never even been mentioned to be made yet.

I forgot about the Crucible, so that's fair.

Drake was never nearly in ruins, you're thinking of Aegis. Drake only became a company about 20 years ago, when they sold the Cutlass (built to fill the 2922 "Volksfighter" contract) to the public. They then jumped from literally nothing to being the 5th largest ship maker in 5 years. Drake was a veritable powerhouse in the ship making circles, they were doubling to quadrupling their sales every year. They then realized that pirates were a good chunk of their sales and then decided to roll with it. Profit over ethics. Cutlass is a very popular ship lorewise, both for pirates and non-pirates alike because it's cost effective and easy to mod.

Aegis on the other hand almost went under, since they were deeply connected with the Messer regime, and once that got overthrown people were sick of them. Had massive layoffs, and they only make a few ships today. Hence why most Aegis ships are either retired military (Gladius, Retaliator, Avenger, Javelin, Idris), or new "civilian" models for their new softer image (Reclaimer). Redeemer is a bit of an odd duckling since it wasn't made by CIG, 4Horsemen just picked Aegis because they liked it.

I don't really even want to count the huge ships like the Bengal, Pegasus, Retribution, etc etc because they are so outside the realms of attainability for most players.

Consolidated works because in lore its a brand new company, Mustang is their first ship. Crusader apparently just makes the Genesis, and Esperia only had the Prowler before CIG decided to find a loophole way to sell the "Glaive" without selling a legit Vanduul ship.
The point was how many ships do we know about for each company. Dragonfly is still on the list along with the f8a, it is equal. I could take off the f8a and dragonfly and other ships and the companies would still be similiar in amount of ships.

The Bucaneer will be in games per the dev chats on conceirge. It will probably be vetting a new name but it is there, much like the f8a is there but we will never be able to buy it.

Drake was a legit company that in the lore and stories, when they were competing for the military contract they were so confident they were already producing the cutlass. When they lost the contract they were sitting in a bunch of ships. They were in a bad spot as what to do with a bunch of cheap fighters. They stripped them down to be legal to sell and suddenly their number were spiking. Thing was pirates buying them which they were under investigation but nothing was found. Then civil defense started buying them. So yes they are profitable now but for a short time they were hurting.

Aegis (earth based company) you are absolutely correct. It is a failing company and it represents the roman empire army and naval fleet that were failing. They had a few last hoorahs before falling. Not to say Aegis will fail. Anvil ( terra based company) on the other hand is constanoples (spelling) army and theirs at the time was successful from invading many many times.

The other you are also correct. Esperia will make replicas of alien ships, this is how non explorers will get their alien ships imo but they will need upgrading with actual alien parts. So like the Glaive is basically a shell with human parts. You want a true glaive have to salvage the parts. Thats just like my opinion man.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
*outlandish wishful insane guessing* Maybe its a smallish mid size pure exploration vessel, with large fuel tanks, long range jump and quantum drives. Room for four and a tiny vehicle like a space motorcycle that also works in atmosphere :o with a sweet paint job!

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
*outlandish wishful insane guessing* Maybe its a smallish mid size pure exploration vessel, with large fuel tanks, long range jump and quantum drives. Room for four and a tiny vehicle like a space motorcycle that also works in atmosphere :eek: with a sweet paint job!
Isnt thag the carrack with a dragonfly instead of a scout ship?

Forgot your password?