No organ harvesting in medical gameplay? Rage!!!

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-pU8TFsg0

How can anyone not want to see scenes like that in game? Unbelieveable!

I cite todays Q&A on the Apollo:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16705-Q-A-RSI-Apollo

"Will the Apollo have outlaw applications, such as harvesting organs and limbs of PCs and NPCs captured, to further add depth/profit to bounty hunting/assassination missions?
Organ harvesting is not something we currently plan to support in medical gameplay!"

They blew it! Another answer might have triggered my buying impulse!

What good is a medical response squardon if we can't sell the organs of our enemies - or replace our beaten down livers with fresh and unmolested ascetic innards? Those organs will be bored to death otherwise. Let's give them purpose!

I hereby urge my fellow testies: Let your voice be heard! Please comment in that Q&A to let CIG know that fearless Star Citizen drunks don't appreciate political correctness holding us back from truly fun medical game-mechanics!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Might not be able to extract an arm and a leg to cover medical cost but it seems they are fully aware and supportive of creative means to evict campers of ones medical ship.

Can the Apollo expel players who refuse to leave after being healed?
The Apollo itself provides no specific method for doing this, but we expect owners will find their own unique ways to remove uncooperative patients!

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Might not be able to extract an arm and a leg to cover medical cost but it seems they are fully aware and supportive of creative means to evict campers of ones medical ship.
Man you're absolutly right! I didn't think about close quarter weapons at all. Even if they don't implement organ harvesting right away. We can still start a slaughter after a patient gets fully healed (or even before). Do we get chainsaws btw?
I'd still prefer a piratey organ market to monetize your victims though. Gives some sort of purpose to the activity and otherwise I fear it'll be treated as griefing act. Which it isn't. It's nothing personal after all. Monty Python's sketch made that pretty clear.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Well, this thread is now useless: Help me name my butcher shop
I give up. This game is nothing to me if I can't harvest organs.
I feel for you. Gladly I didn't pledge for an Apollo and I certainly won't until they revise that decision. On the upside the Endeavor might still be reconfigured with another module. You might i.e. at least grow some spaceweed in it yet :slight_smile:

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
they said "currently"...... they dont plan on supporting it currently.

Doesnt mean they wont change their mind when they finally release the game in 5-10 years.
Maybe they'll add it as a strech goal!
They put an exclamation mark at the end of this sentence. I took that as a hint they won't make this a stretch goal unless we generate enough popular demand. Probably not going to happen, far to few poeple seemed interested in that question and I don't understand why. I'm sad :(

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
Personally, I didn't enjoy the idea of harvesting parts from people so I am sort of happy this isn't going to be a thing. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I prefer to be able to take DNA from a patient and clone the relevant replacement organs. That could make for some interesting game-play. Taking samples, putting them into some sort of incubator/growth acceleration device, and using it to grow parts but you have to do it right or end up with a ruined organ. Sounds more fun to me than just hacking an arm off a dead guy and attaching it to someone else. (would save time though?)

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
They put an exclamation mark at the end of this sentence. I took that as a hint they won't make this a stretch goal unless we generate enough popular demand. Probably not going to happen, far to few poeple seemed interested in that question and I don't understand why. I'm sad :(
While I only meant it as a joke/bad pun (explanation link), I agree, this thing won't happen unless there is a huge outcry from fans. Even then, it's probably many-many years away. Personally, I'd like to see a lot more useful progression before they start working on a niche game mechanic like this.

Forgot your password?