Nvidia announces 3080Ti & 3070Ti

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
Why would nvidia ever fight the practice of bots and scalpers? Seems to be automatic money for them. At least until you guys here recommend the AMD with better value for similar performance... I'd leave those green bastards with pleasure (but them again, why would AMD fight scalpers and bots?)

Maybe I just have to accept the new base prices for GPUs being these unreasonable values

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Stay strong naff naff. We who are not contractually bound by influencer fuelled patreon charged insanity to spend thousands of the Queen's finest Pounds on the latest "20% faster" dross that linus tech tart tells us we should buy should NOT be ashamed of ourselves!

Gandalf would not have part exchanged his staff and elven ring of power, every time a new graphics card came out of Mordor. STAY WISE.

Some stuff is worth spending money on, holiday of a lifetime, kids college fund, week on a yacht with 7 supermodels. In my case speakers, my speakers cost more than my car and every day I think they're the best thing's I've ever bought!

Gandalf says, follow your ears, and your heart will be forever happy. **

** Gandalf didn't actually say that - but if he'd had an evening over with my hifi and some ale and pipeweed - he would have!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Stay strong naff naff. We who are not contractually bound by influencer fuelled patreon charged insanity to spend thousands of the Queen's finest Pounds on the latest "20% faster" dross that linus tech tart tells us we should buy should NOT be ashamed of ourselves!

Gandalf would not have part exchanged his staff and elven ring of power, every time a new graphics card came out of Mordor. STAY WISE.

Some stuff is worth spending money on, holiday of a lifetime, kids college fund, week on a yacht with 7 supermodels. In my case speakers, my speakers cost more than my car and every day I think they're the best thing's I've ever bought!

Gandalf says, follow your ears, and your heart will be forever happy. **

** Gandalf didn't actually say that - but if he'd had an evening over with my hifi and some ale and pipeweed - he would have!
I have heard whispers on the wind come the 22nd of June the Technomancer Dr. Su is going to de-potatofy my RX570 with the power of positive thinking and AMDs version of DLSS so I still live in hope ;-D

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Those 1199$ are MSRP....you can just ignore them or just take them and multiply at least for 2 for the real actual price you'll be a to see.

I could be interested in a 3070Ti... lets see the price point and, most important availability... if those stay in line with the current market I'll defenetly pass on this gen too... my 1070 will need to work some more before retirement...
Yeah, when I checked on launch date: 1199 x 2. 2400 was the average price

Reactions: Vavrik

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Yeah, when I checked on launch date: 1199 x 2. 2400 was the average price
I checked ebay minutes after the EVGA site started selling (which was down and couldn't buy) and the average price for the 3080ti was like $3000

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?