Official Stance on Evocati Posts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RussianJ, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Varku

Varku Admiral

RSI Handle:
    Varku
    This is actualy one of the bigger reasons why Evocati is under NDA, so the community can't moan about a feature that may be published to evocati but will never see the ptu or even the live server, as it turns out to be trash.

AstroSam likes this.
  2. Thalstan

Thalstan Commander

RSI Handle:
    Thalstan
    Most people do not really want to see the down and dirty builds. No matter how people complain about not being in the "alpha" alpha, they are usually the same ones who complain and moan (different from reporting) about crashes, bugs, jitters, and things not generally working. I've seen this in many of the other "alphas" I've been in. Landmark, Gal Civ III, etc. Those where you really got to see the alpha content where things were not feature complete. People said they wanted to experience the "Alpha", not realizing it's not even a Beta quality where things are feature complete, but completely unbalanced.

If you REALLY want to be part of the Evocati team, then prove you belong there. The Evocati are people who play horrible builds, with constantly changing features/tweaks (think about how you felt when they changed the SCM speeds initially...now think about them changing some of them every build - ie, every day). Play...a lot. More importantly, write a lot of bug reports. Go through the issue council posts and work to confirm a lot of the bugs that have been reported. Post pictures and video to show what happened. Take detailed notes (and I mean EXTREMELY detailed notes) about what you did to find the bug. Don't just report a bug, test it in multiple scenarios and see when it shows up and where. Does it only happen in certain circumstances, or is it always there? Is it there and clears up when you do something else? Does that always fix it, or only sometimes. When, why, where?

If all you want is just to have early access to something because you feel you are entitled to it...do us all a favor and wait for the additional waves or just test on the "live" server. Most people who feel that way only get frustrated and don't add real value, while taking slots from those that might really contribute. If you are serious about testing, then don't wait to be invited to the Evocati. Do the same work they do and eventually, you will probably be recognized for doing that type of work and get invited to officially join them. Like many jobs and martial arts, you won't get promoted until you have shown that you are already at that level of (work, skill, etc). Show them your dedication. What you put into testing now will show them how serious you are about it when they consider new Evocati later.

Varku and AstroSam like this.
  3. AstroSam

AstroSam Barrista
    Donor

RSI Handle:
    AstroSam
    I just wanted to answer "no" and then "no". But then you are going over to point out the more important things, to which I fully agree: the quality of the reports, making screenshots and vids, understand and reproduce reported bugs, comment on them, giving detailed hints and descriptions. And, finally: having the then the luck - or perhaps recommendation - to be chosen as potential pre-alpha-tester. Finally you can decide whether to sign the NDA or not. But if you do, you therewith have the responsibility to test - and not complain - based upon dedicated tasks. You then have to do, which finally hasn't much to do with "gaming" but more with a side job; except of any payment or else ;) /0.02$

Carlos Spicyweiner and Varku like this.
  4. NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace Admiral
    Donor

RSI Handle:
    NaffNaffBobFace
    2.6 is live - if you want to get the early bug reports in, now is the time!

AstroSam likes this.
  5. AstroSam

AstroSam Barrista
    Donor

RSI Handle:
    AstroSam
  6. ShakyWater

ShakyWater Commander

RSI Handle:
    shakywater
    I'm taking this. It's mine now.

Sportsvee and AstroSam like this.
  7. ShakyWater

ShakyWater Commander

RSI Handle:
    shakywater
    Try it without smashing the avocados into a pulp. Chop them into chunks instead.

AstroSam and Zapp Brannigan like this.
  8. hardroc77

hardroc77 Admiral
    Donor

United States
    RSI Handle:
    hardroc77
    Here here!

AstroSam likes this.