Our (Arts&Crafts) Dumper's Depot commercial featured in CitizenCon

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

This is our team's (Arts & Crafts) entry, "Dumper's Depot", into the Star Citizen CitizenCon 2951 Video Contest. The video had to be no longer than 45 seconds and had to be based within the Star Citizen universe. The in-fiction video may promote your player organization, an NPC group, an in-game product, your community-driven event, or whatever else you can think of that would be a fun in-fiction addition to the CitizenCon 2951 show.

Footage in our video was recorded in-game by us at 3840x2160 (16:9). All sound effects are either directly from the game or part of our original score and sound design. Our concept is a legitimate commercial for Dumper's Depot; an existing in-game store that deals in buying and selling parts or scrap. Our script was based on an official lore post from CIG:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/12862-News-Update-Dumpers-Depot-Ad

We added a lot of little details and nods to things. We even worked a TEST Squadron Repair Bears logo in :like:

Arts&Crafts is Utho Riley, DamnShame & Hasgaha

And a SPECIAL thanks:
Monk: in-game actor/extra
Captain Richard: Voice Acting

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
A legendary entry, as always! I much enjoyed this one!
I dunno how you guys are not yet hired full time to do this for Cig, whenever I watch one of your works it feels like it's done officially by like a 15ppl CIG dev team at least, the quality is above and beyond!

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
A legendary entry, as always! I much enjoyed this one!
I dunno how you guys are not yet hired full time to do this for Cig, whenever I watch one of your works it feels like it's done officially by like a 15ppl CIG dev team at least, the quality is above and beyond!
We appreciate that! We, maybe, take production quality a little too seriously sometimes... which means way too much time spent in-game getting usable footage AND out of the game in post cleanup.

When I saw this originally I legit said 'no' after the opening 'Credits burning a hole in your pocket?' line. The 'Didn't think so!' got a big lol :-)
This one was my favorite! "Turn that crap into scrap!" Love it.
Hahah! DamnShame did a fantastic job with the script. We had some great, colorful source material to pull from with that official Dumper's Depot lore post from 2016-ish.

Sweet! Well done!

There were a couple of pretty mediocre ones haha. This one however is stella work!
That was a TESTified wreck in all the best ways possible. Great job as always to each of you.
This is awesome, just frecking brilliant. 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺
Thank you all!

Forgot your password?