Pimped your spaceship? Lets share information!

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
They put 4 S3 mounts on that bird? I thought that scout was slated for under-armed. I'm shocked it has so much gun. That must be a very interesting bird to fly. How does it compare to the Sabre?
It has two s3 mounts...
I suspect someone is scrapping two scouts to equip his one sabre... an expensive luxury.

On the plus side, I think the scout is still planned to have exclusive Xian weapons someday. Could be good.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It has two s3 mounts...
I suspect someone is scrapping two scouts to equip his one sabre... an expensive luxury.

On the plus side, I think the scout is still planned to have exclusive Xian weapons someday. Could be good.
Very expensive...in REC. Sigh. Haha.

Exclusive Xi'an weapons you say? Interesting. Very very interesting

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
BoredGamer said yesterday that he thinks we'll finally see the "Precision Railgun" sniper rifle in game at 2.5. Apparently the shop in Germany has several cool new toys to put in play. That weapon is supposed to be able to kill with one shot at 3km. That would make pretty much everyone at a comm station in range. If you want to practice sniping, that's the tool. It reminds me of some Seal Team movie where they have a sniper covering them during an assault at the beginning of the movie. That is a pretty cool tactic. Comm arrays are generally too large to cover the whole thing from a single point, let alone from a point at one end so all your targets are necessarily in one direction, but that weapon sounds like it has it covered. Will be interesting to see.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
BoredGamer said yesterday that he thinks we'll finally see the "Precision Railgun" sniper rifle in game at 2.5. Apparently the shop in Germany has several cool new toys to put in play. That weapon is supposed to be able to kill with one shot at 3km. That would make pretty much everyone at a comm station in range. If you want to practice sniping, that's the tool. It reminds me of some Seal Team movie where they have a sniper covering them during an assault at the beginning of the movie. That is a pretty cool tactic. Comm arrays are generally too large to cover the whole thing from a single point, let alone from a point at one end so all your targets are necessarily in one direction, but that weapon sounds like it has it covered. Will be interesting to see.
Hmmmm. I wonder what kind of stopping power this thing has. Or rather, penetrating. One shot across the board, or are we talking 2 shots for something like a Super Hornet?

Regardless, you are very correct. It will be very interesting to see.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I yesterday mount a Mantis GT220 unter the nose of my 350r. Jeez, that looks pretty impressive. To fly and fight with this combo ( 2 x Ominsky VI on the wings) is a quite fun thing. BUT: these whole Ballistic weapons do only minor damage currently. Even two shots of one Ominsky bring a more deadly blast than a whole cascade of Mantis rounds.
I hope that CIG will fix that with the next release.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
P.S.: every tried that!?!?
->

:eek::D:D:D
Looks like an advanced mining drill :p
Even two shots of one Ominsky bring a more deadly blast than a whole cascade of Mantis rounds.I hope that CIG will fix that with the next release.
I like to use these ballistic gatling guns to put some extra lead in to targets at point blank range.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I think I'll try that Avenger again.
The Avenger has 2x S2 wing mounts and one gimballed S3 nose mount, the Gladius has 2x S2 wing mounts and one gimballed S1 none mount.
The Avenger has 2 1-3 missile mounts, the Gladius has 4 1-3 missile mounts
Maybe I should try to replace the gimballed S1 nose mount on the Gladius with a fixed S2 ballistic gatling gun, but right now I like the Avengers dogfighting skills more then the Gladius. Besides the dogfighting the Titan also can load some cargo.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The Gladius afaik is not able to cruise through space (has no bed thus is a fighter with the need of a home base nearby).
The place where I dogfight doesn't need any cruise ;) And if possible, I would prefer the Gladius above the P-52 or P-72.
Idris Docking
The Gladius is able to park inside the Idris-class frigate's hangar.
That would be an option :D

Forgot your password?