Pirates/Piracy impact on Organization

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I wonder how EWAR would effect piracy, for instance if we completely shut a ship down and then boarded it, killed the crew, and took our "spoils." If the ship and the crew couldn't send a signal out that they were under attack and if someone went looking for them and all they found were dead bodies, no cargo, and an powered down ship how would they know who done it? This is assuming this took place in uncontrolled space of course...
I wouldn't leave a powered down ship, it would be coming w/ me. Secondly, unless it was NPC characters then the other players bodies would respawn and then they could report it.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
just like Eve, errybody gonna have lots of alts

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
just like Eve, errybody gonna have lots of alts
Lots of alts, sure. But if those alts are TEST-affiliated and they're pirates, TEST still gets a rep hit.

I might make a TEST pirate org just to reserve the handle and just sit on it. IDK, might be better to have it and not need it, and I could always just delete it if info changes.

Reactions: Kersakov

Major Templar

Space Marshal
Sep 6, 2014
RSI Handle
xTemplar
I wouldn't leave a powered down ship, it would be coming w/ me. Secondly, unless it was NPC characters then the other players bodies would respawn and then they could report it.
Well as they've said, you leave a "next of kin" in a will for when you die. So in a way, you died but you didn't die. So if they tried for realism, you can't report it because technically it wasn't your new characters body that died. I'd say though that it's too early to call all this. I bet there has to be a way, be it counter rep or bribery, that we can counter any bad rep from a small group.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Im all for compartmentalizing the pirates and law abiders. Ill be running 2 characters just for that reason. The issue is we have some players are earning military equipment while others are stealing it. We will have a tug a war between the two groups causeing trife.

Im all support for "Not Test" and I will be putting "Not Salt Lake" in that group. Lets get it going!

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
I wonder where me as a smuggler falls. On the one hand, I'll be running normal cargo in between illegal stuff, but on the other hand if I do get spotted/scanned by UEE and have to out run them then they have me marked... Hm...

Reactions: honcho12

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
This is what I have come to understand, based on our volume : To NOT be pirates, or a criminal organization, we would have to start ENFORCING rules and restrictions, this is essentially NOT HOW TEST IS KNOWN thus far, to me, personally. That would be like those hippies from ADI who are all about rules and regulations and trying to be so elitist you wanna barf. That is their thing, kudos to them for it, they do a great job of it. This is not about them - anyways, we have to accept we will have to find "LAWLESS" space to occupy, to live and grow in and make ebb and flow based on our rules. We're just too mixed to be so elitist that we're "GOOD GUYS" only.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
This is what I have come to understand, based on our volume : To NOT be pirates, or a criminal organization, we would have to start ENFORCING rules and restrictions, this is essentially NOT HOW TEST IS KNOWN thus far, to me, personally. That would be like those hippies from ADI who are all about rules and regulations and trying to be so elitist you wanna barf. That is their thing, kudos to them for it, they do a great job of it. This is not about them - anyways, we have to accept we will have to find "LAWLESS" space to occupy, to live and grow in and make ebb and flow based on our rules. We're just too mixed to be so elitist that we're "GOOD GUYS" only.
And this is what I like about TEST. It was my favorite thing about being apart of Atlas and the Corp I was in in Eve Online. They never cared what you did a long as you were there when the alliance needed you.

I have a friend that I met in Eve Online that intends to play SC. He doesn't want to get inon the beta, he doesn't want it to ruin the game for him. We've done everything from mining to just greifing. So I'll probably be doing a little of everything. Even if that includes popping some mining ships just because it sounded fun at the time.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Lots of alts, sure. But if those alts are TEST-affiliated and they're pirates, TEST still gets a rep hit.

I might make a TEST pirate org just to reserve the handle and just sit on it. IDK, might be better to have it and not need it, and I could always just delete it if info changes.

like a condom !

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
I personally think we shouldn't have one TEST piracy Org. We should bring them up and down as needed for different areas/events. Especially if it turns out you can 'biomass' a character without losing any of their resources and the rep goes with them into the feeding tanks. I think it would go something like this potentially:

1. Large piracy opportunity identified.
  2. Affiliate Org spooled up and call is put out to TESTies.
  3. Said TESTies join the new Arrrrgffiliate and go about doing their piracy-type stuffs.
  4. Profile becomes too large, player bounty hunters are closing in, profits are drying up in that area, so everybody piles into a LTI Connie and sails into a sun.
  5. New people are notified of their loved one's/friend's/weird uncle's demise and their new economic windfall.
  6. They join TEST.
  7. Rinse and Repeat.
I doubt it'll work exactly like that, but it very well could be an option.

Reactions: honcho12

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
every time we board we should always announce that we are not affiliated with TEST in any shape or form and just before we scram we again tell them that we are not from TEST! lol
Hand engrave every bullet with fine print EULA.

"By accepting this contract (hereafter known as "the bullet") onto or into your person or property you agree that the aforementioned bullet is not in any way shape or form associated with TEST Squadron (used interchangeably with "Best Squardon [sic]). TEST Squadron is a multi-faceted organization with much to offer any potential member, but does not condone piracy! TEST Squadron and its completely non-associated pirates are not liable for any damages associated with the receiving of this contract, or any damages that result from complications of said bullet."

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
wait, if your character dies , does the next of kin inherit all your outlaw status ???
tl;dr yes, but not all of it

Direct from the horses mouth.....errr....Chairmans mouth I guess:

"Reputation and faction alliances pass on to your new character, but slightly diminished. If your original character was a pirate, then the new one will also be aligned with pirates, but not as much and will still be on the UEE watch list. No slate will be wiped clean, but if you want to change your allegiances, this would be the start. This matches life, where the son of a criminal has to deal with the bias of people thinking he is going to be like his father, or a son of a cop is assumed to be on the side of law and order."

Sauce

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
And this is what I like about TEST. It was my favorite thing about being apart of Atlas and the Corp I was in in Eve Online. They never cared what you did a long as you were there when the alliance needed you.

I have a friend that I met in Eve Online that intends to play SC. He doesn't want to get inon the beta, he doesn't want it to ruin the game for him. We've done everything from mining to just greifing. So I'll probably be doing a little of everything. Even if that includes popping some mining ships just because it sounded fun at the time.
In eve you have personal reputation and corp rep. My corp had a solid -5.x for caldari but I had a pristine +10.00. So I could get all the stuff i needed from caldari. The way this seems is your corp rep over rides your personal rep. So if the corp is bad, even if you are drinking buddies with the emperor, you are bad.

Based on other games it only takes a few to bring down the rep of a corp. We went from a 8.x to -2.x in eve in a 50 man fleet because of 2 people in 2 weeks. Being a putlaw has harsh consequences on rep in almost every game.

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
Sooo... whatif someone ''hypothetically speaking'' uses an unregistered ship for piracy and leaves no witnesses? ''hypothetically speaking allways'' :cool: what then?

keep-calm-and-leave-no-witnesses-1.png
tumblr_ln9wjtNB9p1qahhxwo1_500.gif

Reactions: Soven Taliesyn
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
[
Sooo... whatif someone ''hypothetically speaking'' uses an unregistered ship for piracy and leaves no witnesses? ''hypothetically speaking allways'' :cool: what then?

View attachment 961
View attachment 962
I think to fly it out of hanger you need to register it, second thing is that ships trace information when boarded/attacked so would need to destroy the ship too and make sure no beacon is sent out.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Oh right, we have lawless space. Crisis averted people!

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Well as they've said, you leave a "next of kin" in a will for when you die. So in a way, you died but you didn't die. So if they tried for realism, you can't report it because technically it wasn't your new characters body that died. I'd say though that it's too early to call all this. I bet there has to be a way, be it counter rep or bribery, that we can counter any bad rep from a small group.
Next of kin is for when you die for real, if you just get spaced/shot up and bleed out, you will respawn at a hospital ship or something

I wonder where me as a smuggler falls. On the one hand, I'll be running normal cargo in between illegal stuff, but on the other hand if I do get spotted/scanned by UEE and have to out run them then they have me marked... Hm...
Maybe you can spoof the ship registration, or use ewar stuff to jam them.

Forgot your password?