• Carrack

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah. The fact you can buy a Carrack for $350 is what makes the $425 for the Prowler so hard to take. If you are really going to do comparisons between ships, staying in the same price category would be advisable. So for prices around the Carrack you have:

Caterpiller-- $295
Scythe-- $300
Starfarer-- $300
Orion-- $325
Star G-- $340

Carrack-- $350
Phoenix-- $350
Crucible-- $350
Endeavor-- $350
Glaive-- $350
Hull D-- $350
BMM-- $350
Reclaimer-- $350

Genesis-- $400
Prowler-- $425

These above you might consider the "mid-priced" ships. Some of them are so overpriced it is obvious CIG just wants to limit their numbers in game. The Scythe, Glaive, Phoenix and Prowler are way overpriced but some people will pay those prices anyway. Look at the list and the Carrack is a great purchase, but so is the Crucible, Endeavor and Reclaimer, IMHO

Fighter

Commander
Jul 27, 2017
RSI Handle
Fighter26
Shadow, I inclined to agree with you on most of it. However, I see ships that are variants and/or featuring upgrades over the stock ship to be the ones they want to limit. Even if the components are not that good compared to the best options having a free fully fit ship with lifetime insurance or long term insurance built in is very useful and hurts the money sink economy.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
If you can afford the Polaris, I would buy it. You can late get enough money with it to buy a Carrack, much much sooner than having the Carrack get enough money for a Polaris.

As said, you can always "visit" your friend Carracks and enjoy those aspects of the game.

I would not be worried by the torpedoes price. Each torpedo will be worth its price and most of the time, most of enemies will evade you just because of them.

I intend to own both and pay for neither. That is why my starter home will be a Prowler.
And this is why I have a Reclaimer. Because Leir won't liberate itself. Haha.
I can't wait to start capturing ships.
I'm serious. My war ships are for IRS and piratey exploration :slight_smile:
Count me in for boardings, etc.

I have Polaris, Terrapin and Herald... ;-)

Yeah. The fact you can buy a Carrack for $350 is what makes the $425 for the Prowler so hard to take. If you are really going to do comparisons between ships, staying in the same price category would be advisable. So for prices around the Carrack you have:
I would remove endeavor, as it requires modules and so you end with a 500+$ ship.
Also, I would include the Tali in that list.

Last edited:

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
If you can afford the Polaris, I would buy it. You can late get enough money with it to buy a Carrack, much much sooner than having the Carrack get enough money for a Polaris.

As said, you can always "visit" your friend Carracks and enjoy those aspects of the game.

I would not be worried by the torpedoes price. Each torpedo will be worth its price and most of the time, most of enemies will evade you just because of them.

I have Polaris, Terrapin and Herald... ;-)

I would remove endeavor, as it requires modules and so you end with a 500+$ ship.
We're going to throw the biggest boarding party EVER!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Counted. Drop a note in the Privateering thread in the professions folder so your name appears.
There are actually a lot of ships in that price category so I left them aside, but yeah, if you fudge $25 you can get a much longer list. Some Vanguard and Conny as well as the Tally. I think this is part of CIGs thinking when they price, they want there to be a constant appeal to spend more to get more, and ships that offer very rare advantages like stealth come at higher cost.

Forgot your password?