Predictions for the 'Game Changing' Ship?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
ummmmmmmmm...
I math gooder!
The game changer ship will be a large ship full of simulator pods. In these pods people will be able to play the hottest game around, Galaxy Citizen. It is a game within Star Citizen set in the year 3877 where you can take on many different professions and basically do whatever you want in a massive procedurally generated cluster of galaxies.
My God Jim...it's gorgeous.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
The game changer ship will be a large ship full of simulator pods. In these pods people will be able to play the hottest game around, Galaxy Citizen. It is a game within Star Citizen set in the year 3877 where you can take on many different professions and basically do whatever you want in a massive procedurally generated cluster of galaxies.
So....2nd 2nd 2nd life?

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
A ship that can open a temp jump point to a system within range
A ship that can temporarily "stretch" or "widen" a jump point to open up smaller jump points for bigger ships, or make big jump points bigger for huge ships that couldn't normally fit through any known jump point. That would have major military tactical applications since you could fit some huge super weapon ship through, or some mega carrier/dreadnought. At the very least it would have economic benefits since you could dilate a small shortcut jump point for a huge freighter to save time and money.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
A ship that can temporarily "stretch" or "widen" a jump point to open up smaller jump points for bigger ships, or make big jump points bigger for huge ships that couldn't normally fit through any known jump point. That would have major military tactical applications since you could fit some huge super weapon ship through, or some mega carrier/dreadnought. At the very least it would have economic benefits since you could dilate a small shortcut jump point for a huge freighter to save time and money.
a ship that could shut down jump points would be even more potent, strategically speaking

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Cloaking device?
I had thought about a ship component that would replace a shield projector and was a modified shield that would act as active camouflage that would cloak you at the cost of not having a shield to protect you. It could be something like a modulator that you could put in an upgrade slot on an existing shield. My idea is that it's a shield that's been modified to block the spectrums of radar, infared(heat), the EM band for electronic signatures, and absorb the visible light hitting one side and emit it on the other side as if it passed through you. It would block those bands of wavelengths like an energy weapon being shot at a shield, so it would drain the cloak when someone is trying to scan for you while their radar for example were hitting you.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
My prediction:

From what is coming with planetside exploration, I say it is a be a multiterrain craft, capable of travel in space, atmosphere, on land, on water and UNDER water. Not all wrecks are going to float, 'y know.

And *clicks fingers* just like that the bikes are as just as redundant as the bikes made the greycat.
Hey kid, wanna come down and scavenge this Vanduul plaint? All the ships float down here.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
a ship that could shut down jump points would be even more potent, strategically speaking
I hadn't thought of that, that's just as big of an advantage. Well, if it can stretch it, it could possibly pull it in and close it. You could close it from one side to keep the door shut for an advancing fleet that's attacking. They can't attack what's a million light years away. Best system defense ever.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
From the reports of 3.0 pad-camping will become pointless when multiple spawn points appear... How this will work with the Perma-death mechanic is unknown. If i'm being camped and have to spawn on the other side of the system i have to expire to get the spawn option which brings my number of potential respawns down if they are limited, which PermaDeath suggests they are...?

Maybe we'll get three free 'spawns a day and after that it'll start counting?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
From the reports of 3.0 pad-camping will become pointless when multiple spawn points appear... How this will work with the Perma-death mechanic is unknown. If i'm being camped and have to spawn on the other side of the system i have to expire to get the spawn option which brings my number of potential respawns down if they are limited, which PermaDeath suggests they are...?

Maybe we'll get three free 'spawns a day and after that it'll start counting?
Didn't know they were going to a permadeath deal. If you permadeath what happens to all the ships on your account? How do you continue to play?

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
When you die, your heir gets everything, minus about 50% of your reputation, or so I understood from watching them talk.

I want a space version of a auto hauler car carrier. You could strap down 8 Auroras and transport them to the dealership. Or Operation Pitchfork.

You think we could get a ship that looks like a Freelancer, but then gets down to the surface and turns into a Gundam/Mecha/Zord giant robot-thing for cool land battles?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
You think we could get a ship that looks like a Freelancer, but then gets down to the surface and turns into a Gundam/Mecha/Zord giant robot-thing for cool land battles?
Ok that sounds freaken awesome maybe put some armored core mechanics into the game!! God I would never stop playing the game if that was the case.

Forgot your password?