Predictions for the 'Game Changing' Ship?

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Well let's look at what we have what would change how we play with this new ship.

We have combat and nothing else. We have guns, missiles and shields.

So for something to be "game changing" it would force us to play differently purely because of the presence of this ship.

So it's not a ship that uses guns, missiles and shields to fight.

Oh this is too hard I'm going to the pub.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Some great suggestions on here. The mechanic that seems missing is interdiction but and its a big but it doesn't make sense for only one ship to be able to do that, whether your pirate hunting or a pirate I am not sure it should be mandatory to have one specific (likely to be expensive ship).

We have the cruicible for repairs and whilst that's great for what it does we do seem to lack a tug or more to the point way of transporting ships without actually flying them. I did think they would make us fly them and use transport ships to fly ourselves back.

So what does that leave have they come up with a new career type? This seems the most possible but some i.e. starliner bombed with almost no popularity and they also seem to have enough careers already still to do. So given that what is missing? well it could be a smaller "joint" farm so they bring in the farming mechanic but they could always do that planetside. I really do hope its not house building (I mean I can buy a lego set if I want to do that) but given the work they have done something planetside would seem likely given they will want to maximise there use of the planet tech. (So far the tech they show of the most).

I think I am left with some sort of tug/ship transport but given we cannot dock anymore I am not sure that's possible.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Its going to be a streamers ship. Allowing streamers to stream in game.

Captain Richard, BoardGamer, STLYoungblood, and Noobafier will be happy.
Isn't that the Reliant Mako?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Some great suggestions on here. The mechanic that seems missing is interdiction but and its a big but it doesn't make sense for only one ship to be able to do that, whether your pirate hunting or a pirate I am not sure it should be mandatory to have one specific (likely to be expensive ship).

We have the cruicible for repairs and whilst that's great for what it does we do seem to lack a tug or more to the point way of transporting ships without actually flying them. I did think they would make us fly them and use transport ships to fly ourselves back.

So what does that leave have they come up with a new career type? This seems the most possible but some i.e. starliner bombed with almost no popularity and they also seem to have enough careers already still to do. So given that what is missing? well it could be a smaller "joint" farm so they bring in the farming mechanic but they could always do that planetside. I really do hope its not house building (I mean I can buy a lego set if I want to do that) but given the work they have done something planetside would seem likely given they will want to maximise there use of the planet tech. (So far the tech they show of the most).

I think I am left with some sort of tug/ship transport but given we cannot dock anymore I am not sure that's possible.
Shipbuilder carrerr

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Expert Theorycrafter here:

Obviously, the new ship will come with 4 S9 torpedo slots. Because it's supposed to counter the new Super Javelins CIG is going to release, as well (At $4500/each, with a limited run of 25000. I hear the preorders are already sold out). In addition to the S9s, they'll have a new replicator system that uses a mini-reclaimer-like system that takes in the scrap from the hulk you just torped, and makes new torpedoes.

I have it on good authority that the ship will also have two dorsal turret mounts, one next to the other, and one ventral mount. The Dorsal mounts can only fire toward each other, making them "easy" targets" for would-be raiders. However, what HASN'T been discussed is the fact that the turrets are red herrings: they're INTERNAL! Yes, they're automated, internal turrets to prevent boarding actions. They only LOOK like external turrets because CR continues to flim-flam his way into the record books.

All of this will require a new S12 power plant. Yes, you saw that right. S12. It takes up a good 3/4 of the internal space, but boy does it pack a wallop. It will power the 8 S6 hardpoints, and 7 S4 gimbals. The odd number is to further throw off dataminers. No one would expect an odd number of gimbaled weapons. There are three on one wing, two on the other, one in the nose, and the other is in a special little place that I can't disclose, but trust me, you'll definitely use THAT one to really F!@# your enemies... er, I mean f@%# WITH your enemies.

It will also have internally mounted and storing missle racks. You read that right "missles". CIG hasn't released what they mean by that, but I hear that it will be akin to an S4. Think big, hard hitting mini-torpedoes. Apparently, the missles will be shaped like dicks with a shape charge in the tip.

Add into this that it will house a whopping 38 thrusters mounted pretty much everywhere, this thing will be fast, agile, and a difficult opponent in a dogfight.

The final dimensions on this craft will be a svelte 500m long, with roughly 4 decks, including a small hanger which can house a squadron of Hornets, or five squadrons of Merlins. See this coming out of QT and you should leave the system ASAP. This is poised to be the best fighter in the game, unmatched in all aspects, much like in 1988 when the Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell in a Cell and plummeted 16 feet into the announcer's table.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
How about a ship that is just for setting up a Warp, er, Quantum Travel Bubble? The ship can form and maintain a large bubble that QT cannot function in so you can capture prey? You can interdict ships in QT and prevent ships from entering QT. I was reading about bubbles and bubblers and remembered that someone had suggested this as a game changer. Has anyone had experience with the concept, such as jumping in through a gate and there was a bubble fixed on the gate and so you go stealth and run or get destroyed by the waiting ships?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Actually, based on the "buggy" comments, I've seen some people speculating/hoping for some sort of tank. with heavy base armor.

A 2 crew vehicle, with module that can add in a big weapon turret, a dual or quad turret, a missile rack that can be reloaded if more missiles are available nearby, or a passenger compartment.

Next, engine, shield, and weapons can be swapped in and out to allow for more speed, heavier/faster regenerating shield, or energy weapons.

So if you want a main line battle tank, you go for fast, big single ballistic ammo using weapon in the turret, and heavy shields.

A deep recon tank that you might not be able to supply with ammo would use fast, big energy weapon, lower shield values

A mobile SAM would select for speed, shields and missiles.

An AA platform designed to protect a place /installation would select for shields, slow speed, and a Quad Turret energy weapon rack.

A mobile AA platform would use ballistics, fast, shields or if the convoy is slow, energy, slow, shields.

An APC would go fast, crew, shields

Lot of different possibilities, no variants.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
The only thing I can think of is a massive factory ship. Something capable of manufacturing virtually anything you would need for initial survival while establishing a mining outpost, from the outpost structures themselves all the way down to condoms and tutus for the ballerinas. They could also be used to build cities and military complexes throughout safe space. I would make them YUUUUUGE!!! And rare, and interlocking to increase productivity and each ship would have an on-board raw materials brokerage/transport contracting office(the rubber dog poop, condoms and tutus have to get from the factories to the customer somehow)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm wondering if it'll be ground to air or ground to space defence vehicle. If you thought GrimHex was bad when being pad camped imagine someone flying round a moon destroying any landed ship they see... I'm guessing semi-automated AA gun vehicle to see off near-do-wells.

Capntal

Vice Admiral
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Capntal
So if we have an AA vehicle of some kind, what does it need to have to really be a game changer? Super long range guns? High mobility? Maybe some kind of alert system that assists friendly ship's in targeting.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So if we have an AA vehicle of some kind, what does it need to have to really be a game changer? Super long range guns? High mobility? Maybe some kind of alert system that assists friendly ship's in targeting.
Mmmm, taking the definition of "game changing" to mean "To change the game", the current game is:

"Ship on ground without pilot with ship above it with pilot and guns = ship on ground in pieces and pilot stranded"

So i'd like it to change to:

"Ship on ground without pilot with 'game changer' nearby, and ship above with pilot and guns = ship above with guns in pieces and it's pilot smeared across the landscape like raspberry jam on toast"

I don't want much. Don't mind how it does it, just that it does. Napalm would do the trick. So would magic.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
Right now all we have are ships that go pew pew, with a bunch of guys running around with a d- stick in their hand and their hair on fire. You want game changer? What makes a real fleet? Carrier? Great big gun boat? I say no. What would bring corp together into a game changing fleet? A ship with the sandwiches. Truck stop..... able to land small to mid size ships. Refit, refuel, buy sale, repairs. Hell might even be able to log on and off, spawn your ship. Mobile base in your pocket. That would be a game changer. JMO.

Forgot your password?