PSA- BB CCUs are full price now.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
This is exactly why I stopped using CCU's a long time ago. I buy the ship melt the ship buy back the ship as i please.

Now if CIG made the buy back ships >> current prices - I think I'd probably get out of the game to be honest and just stick with a $40 beginner package - there were supposed to be massive benefits to being an early backer including getting cheap ships, and giving chris his first million, his first 10 million, his first 100 million, these benefits are being deleted one by one.
I was never very good at the CCU game to begin with (took me 5 years to understand there was a CCU game to "game", tried it, figured out I sucked, lol) so I just stuck with buying the CCU and holding on to it until I was absolutely sure I wanted to upgrade. I'm still mad I upgraded my vanilla F7 to a Super Hornet...

In any event, yes, I think CIG has been clear that the ships were going to start out being cheap, and as development progressed, prices would go up...and as the game got really ready to release, many ships (not starters) would not be sold at the store any more. I guess I can fund my retirement selling all the ships I don't want to fly anymore, ha ha

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Sorry, didn't had the time to take a screencap, but I guess you already saw it at reddit.

We knew this could happen anytime and shouldn't be surprised, but can't wrap my head around the reasons to stealthy slip it into the FAQ instead of making an announcement.
i know why. They didnt want to let people who didn't know about this to feel like they could have used CCUs from buybacks vice the shop making them feel like they got ripped off. i honestly didnt know about it till vahadar told me.

redcweed

Ensign
Feb 14, 2022
RSI Handle
planetwally
If you contact customer services they should be able to unmelt your 600i given the circumstances that there was no notice of the change, if indeed you still want that ship?
I thought about it, but I doubt they will do it considering in the first place I had to contact them to melt it as it was built atop the referral argo cargo which normally is not meltable..

• o7
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
This is exactly why I stopped using CCU's a long time ago. I buy the ship melt the ship buy back the ship as i please.

Now if CIG made the buy back ships >> current prices - I think I'd probably get out of the game to be honest and just stick with a $40 beginner package - there were supposed to be massive benefits to being an early backer including getting cheap ships, and giving chris his first million, his first 10 million, his first 100 million, these benefits are being deleted one by one.
Those too are in the change.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Those too are in the change.
i thought at one time they said original concept prices would never change though.

Reactions: makute

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
i still have all of my old $0 cost CCUs in my inventory(about 20 pages worth).
Some poor intern was probably going through all the account ledgers deleting them all one by one then got to your account and threw in the towel.

I thought about it, but I doubt they will do it considering in the first place I had to contact them to melt it as it was built atop the referral argo cargo which normally is not meltable..
That makes sense and if you are not fussed about the 600 I'd be the same. I think you'd still have a case if you want the thing back again though - I'm guessing you would not have got that thing melted if you'd known the change was going to happen?

Then again it's likely better not to rebuild the ship on the bed of that reward Argo again, it's super locked.

Amun Khonsu

Captain
Donor
Jan 28, 2022
RSI Handle
Amun-Khonsu
Last night the BB cost of my melted Reclaimer was £335, today is £336.

I don't see the fuss?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
@Amun Khonsu You are speaking about a standalone ship?

Price for standalone ships are always fixed in buybacks (for now) even if there are price jumps after.

That's not the case for upgrades anymore. They now adjust to the current values for ships. This was always the intended mechanism but a bug has been introduced in 2020 that fixed the price of the target ship in a CCU stored in buyback.

Amun Khonsu

Captain
Donor
Jan 28, 2022
RSI Handle
Amun-Khonsu
@Amun Khonsu You are speaking about a standalone ship?

Price for standalone ships are always fixed in buybacks (for now) even if there are price jumps after.

That's not the case for upgrades anymore. They now adjust to the current values for ships. This was always the intended mechanism but a bug has been introduced in 2020 that fixed the price of the target ship in a CCU stored in buyback.
Yes, you're right, this is a standalone.

Reactions: White Lando

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Why is it that I was under the impression that buy-back CCI's were always based on current pricing? To be honest I was surprised that it was not so in the past.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
@Texelis @Blind Owl I still have all my warbond CCUs stocked in hangar here (around 50 pages). I had to decline some sales (@Lemming ) as I need to assess first what I have left for my own needs. But after that is done, I'll know what I can spare again (that includes your request Lemming).

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Actually I'd see that as a great opportunity to test ships with the credits you have now. You can melt and buy standalones from store forever like that to try anything up to the melt value of that 600i, especially during special sales when you have more ships available.

And when you feel sure about what you want for your final fleet, I'm sure you can get help here if you need some specific CCUs that ppl might have in hangar.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Some poor intern was probably going through all the account ledgers deleting them all one by one then got to your account and threw in the towel.
lol so wait does no one else really have their $0 CCUs anymore? i havnt checked mine in like a month or 2 so maybe by now they got them but yeah last i checked i still had them and even used them. They are not in buybacks they are just in my inventory.

Forgot your password?