Road to Mumble - Stress TEST Friday Dec 5th

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Was anyone able to get the overlay working? I'm eventually going to be playing with a rift, and while I can use my keyboard's plugin or my second and third monitors to keep an eye on that *now*, I won't be able to do so once I slip into the warm embrace of VR valhalla.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Was anyone able to get the overlay working? I'm eventually going to be playing with a rift, and while I can use my keyboard's plugin or my second and third monitors to keep an eye on that *now*, I won't be able to do so once I slip into the warm embrace of VR valhalla.
I've gotten the overlay working on most games(it doesn't work in word for some reason).

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
The magnitude of plugins available that work well with integrating with other services. auto-afk, prevention of recoding, max users, auto-moderators, jabber/pidgin integration, better SSO support, etc. Much more light-weight and will be able to handle larger numbers of players without any issues...in the thousands.

You don't want to have all services in one. If we rely 100% on TS3 for all comm services, if that service goes down or gets attacked, we're SOL.
This is what I was making comments to earlier we cannot viably depend on a single service. It has been shown in other similar games that people can and will try to screw you over in any way possible to get the edge. If this means attacking out TS during major operations then it's pretty much a guarantee folks will do so. There are plenty of them out there with the skill to, hell I'm sure there are folks in here with the ability to do so. So we want something that we can work with not only easier but will allow us to have redundant backup programs available to us in case shit hits the fan.

As mentioned before we have actually tried the TS route and not only denied but the 512 number slots just won't be viable enough for when the game launches considering our numbers.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
If that's the case we are afraid of then we should have Mumble, Vent and TS3 to ensure we can never be blocked completely from voice comms.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
If that's the case we are afraid of then we should have Mumble, Vent and TS3 to ensure we can never be blocked completely from voice comms.
Which is entirely fine and if need be I am sure folks would let us temporarily crash on the TS server until we get Mumble to recover. At the moment though Mumble will be our current and future main voice comms. Also idgaf but I would rather use smoke signals rather than use Vent ever it is absolute shit imo. We understand folks have their "preferred" service though which is understandable but I would venture to say so far from the folks using Mumble besides a few hiccups are seeming to be enjoying it so far. Things can always be better no matter what program though so hopefully it can be messed with to get some extra features down the road. Plenty of the IT types in Test I am sure we can bribe a few with some proper liquid goodness.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
This is how life kicks me in the balls. If I was still working, I would be able to slip a chat server onto my work server like I used to do with Vent, but if I were still working instead of on disability I'd have precious little time for gaming, given the 60+ hour weeks I used to pull regularly.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal

Snowianth

Grand Admiral
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Snowianth
i have couble problems whit Mumble...
1st. When i start Mumble on my pc it shuts off my internet..... (i have same issue whit uTorrent when in load)

2nd. I cant find TEST mumble server........ ( got mumble working on my linux machine)

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
I made some small changes to Krystal's skin.

https://mega.co.nz/#!esVREBSY!L2X43FCN922v8a2zhZzwBitpa6E0y1E9Pma2oAZ2nUg

Install is all the same except that you'll need to install the included font onto your computer for it to work. Which you should be able to do just by clicking on it if you can read.
I'd also suggest enabling the Conversation Colors plugin that is included by default in Pidgin and check "Ignore Incoming Format" since some people find it funny to spam colors :P

If you did everything right, the fonts should be the same as some of the ones that CIG uses in the webchat (Electrolize/Tahoma) as well as the font color should be the same blue. I was hoping I would be able to change some more things but the skinning options are somewhat limited.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
When i start Mumble on my pc it shuts off my internet..... (i have same issue whit uTorrent when in load)
Did you somehow disable QoS packet scheduling on your PC? That can cause all sorts of internet problems with peer-to-peer services blocking all other network traffic.

Snowianth

Grand Admiral
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Snowianth
looks like QoS packet scheduling is not disabled and i have not made any changes in there, so its working by default settings at this moment.

Forgot your password?