Sad news to report: CosmicTrader's girlfriend has passed away

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
For those of you that have not had the honor to meet him yet, CosmicTrader is one of our dearest and oldest members.

Forty years ago, during his service to the US Navy, his duties took him to the UK where he met a lovely British lass named Andrea.

She told him to get his Yankee ass off those submarines and over to her place for some tea and biscuits.

To this day we have no idea what she put in that tea, because CosmicTrader has been living with her ever since!

I never had the honor of speaking with her, Cosmic always kept his offline life very private, but once in a while when Cosmic would be in voice chat with us, we would hear her in the background shouting at him to stop talking to his internet friends and get some chores done!

I takes a truly remarkable woman to take a salty sailor like him and turn him into a fine upstanding gentleman that we all know and love.

It is with great sorrow to inform you all that Andrea has passed.

She fell ill a few weeks ago with a very stubborn strain of Tuberculosis that was resistant to every antibiotic they gave her.

She passed away peacefully last night in her sleep.

Our deepest condolences from all of us here in TEST.

May she rest in peace.

(I am unsure if Cosmic wishes to share any of the funeral arrangement details, but if he does, I shall post it in this post.)

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'm so sorry to hear that, Cosmic. I am not the best with words and know that in your situation none would help me, but we're here for you buddy.

Forgot your password?