SALE HYPE! What are your fleet plans?

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I also have that dilemma... I really want to keep and love the Phoenix but the changes to the power and weapons are making it quite difficult.

I'm thinking about CCUing one of the Merchantmen into something else... perhaps a Carrack?
And of course making a final call on the Phoenix.
2018 Nov Fleetview.png

[Thanks O-Lefty for linking that wonderful tool!]

Reactions: O-Lefty and Deroth

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I just CCU'd My Herc M2 and Lightspeed LTI package to a Polaris yesterday. I'd like to have an endeavor, but we'll see. I'm still taking my time on my starter ship until after the new flight model comes in. I mayyy pick up the mercury as well. Maybe.

Happy Anniversary sale everyone!

fleetview.jpg

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
So I melted my 600i explorer and Tracker, I think I will end up with Apollo Triage and Harbinger or some other type of heavy fighter not sure yet.

Reactions: O-Lefty and Deroth

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Just a friendly word of warning to those considering an Idris--frigates are ships of the line. They're intended for extended fleet engagements. They can take real hits unlike any smaller ship, but they are not intended for hit and run tactics. They stand in the open and fire at other, very large targets that can be hit with things like spinal mounts.

Odds are good the Polaris is more than a match for the Idris, so long as the Corvette fights on its own terms. The range of the Polaris S10 torps is many times that of the Idris P and M guns, and since the Polaris will be much faster, it can control engagement distance. So even if they give beam weapons an insanely high speed to target, odds of you even being able to use the gun before the Polaris kills you are NOT good.

So beware spending all that money on a ship of the line and then using it in a role other than intended. If CIG doesn't provide us with a way to shoot down torps, they are going to put lots of Idris and Void Bombers in he trash bin.

Originman

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
@Origin_man
fleetview.jpg

I'm not sure if there are any other changes I should make. I probably don't need the Ursa or the Cyclone, since I should get rovers with both the 600i and the Carrack.

I also don't want the Aquila, but it was better than free.

I'm considering replacing something with a Prowler perhaps, or maybe a Sen'tok.yai if those are cool.

Forgot your password?