SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

RocketBunny

Vice Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RocketBunny
Hell yeah - make yourself a trippple :smile:

It's become a bit quite here around the last days. But hopefully all the TESTies will come back when 2.6 or finally 3.0 is released. :slight_smile:
I hope 2.6 also brings new things and missions to do and more ships/people per instance.. but probably only in 3.0

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well, not THAT much as 3.0.

But nevertheless, the changes are huge and important. CIG is working on the new netcode, which brings a LOT of problems (aka bugs). Then there is this new communication platform "Spectrum". Plus Star Marine, which also is a veeeeery huge challenge for CIG because now they have to implement the whole body movement, body sections (it shall be a difference if you'd been hit into the leg, arm or head) AND the KI. Although, in this very first step its only pvp, KI will be implemented by a further patch like 2.6.1 or the like - we will see ;)
Ah, and about the ships: well, there will be some. But honestly, its not the focus topic currently. The 85X will be released, the Drake Herald; and the Caterpillar will become hangar ready (not flight ready). That said, CIG plans to erase this status "hangar ready" in the very near future hence bringing new ships directly into the space.

RocketBunny

Vice Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RocketBunny
Well, not THAT much as 3.0.

But nevertheless, the changes are huge and important. CIG is working on the new netcode, which brings a LOT of problems (aka bugs). Then there is this new communication pla...... .
Its really good that they are keeping the core of the code updated, i accept bugs and issues .. it dont bother me. I should get involved in all this a little more and see if i can contribute.
I think star marine can wait, i prefer they focus on the space sim (i like FPS but it isnt the core of this game, more like a side order)
Yea hangar ready is boring.. they can just drop StarFarer flight model onto the Caterpillar and send it on its way. I doubt anyone will complain being able to fly their ship instead of drooling on the hangar floor.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Its really good that they are keeping the core of the code updated, i accept bugs and issues .. it dont bother me. I should get involved in all this a little more and see if i can contribute.
I think star marine can wait, i prefer they focus on the space sim (i like FPS but it isnt the core of this game, more like a side order)
Yea hangar ready is boring.. they can just drop StarFarer flight model onto the Caterpillar and send it on its way. I doubt anyone will complain being able to fly their ship instead of drooling on the hangar floor.
Yes, problably most of the Star Citizen backers would argue like that: fuck Star Marine, give me Star Citizen. But since Star Citizen is NOT necessarily an MMO(RPG), but most Citizens will be single player gamers, the KI especially for the NPC is one of the core development points which will decide about success or failure of the game. You have to be at least, lets say 80% sure that your NPC co-pilot is able to use the turret guns or shield controls in a proper way. That they behave in a more or less "human" way BUT are less efficient than a real human player; otherwise everyone would use NPC instead of real life crew. And Star Marine is the application where the KI is developed in and will be customized as the development of the SC universe goes forward. Thus Star Marine is one of the most important parts which definitely CANNOT wait; quite the opposite. Ergo: yes, CIG is focussing on the space sim - and they are doing it the best, damn right way :) :beers:

Forgot your password?