SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
My wife just went to Australia for 3 weeks. Said "They are so friendly and laid back there...", and we live in the supposedly relaxed area of Colorado, enough out of the city, but not quite ranchers.

I guess it's always greener where you aren't.
Haha, exactly.

We (my wife and I) were discussing how apparently European culture is much more relaxed in regards to work hours, and understanding the work/life balance. Whereas here in North America, it's all about making as much money as possible, working extra hours, and generally sacrificing family life due to work demands.

Now, we could be way off our rockers, that's why we have you wonderful European TESTies to tell us if we're right or wrong. :)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Are you part of the Yellow Jackets?
Yeap, Yellow Jackets confirmed, don't swat them down, the poor hornets!!!!

At flat roofs we use bitumen, the roofing torch used to mount the bitumen is very effective against hornets :grin:

The costume that I'm wearing actually is a Dalton costume, but carnival started yesterday, more variants of avatars will become available :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Happy MONDAY you beautiful, sexy...well, not early in the morning, you are not sexy, are ya? :D

Morning! Another week at home, noises in my ears are a pain in the ass, and again I am SO happy living in Germany with our health and social system. Somewhere else, in the meantime I most probably would've lost my job and house and who knows what else...?
So, I now will hold a minute of silence for Otto von Bismarck ;)

http://www.animaatjes.de/bilder/k/kaffee/animaatjes-koffie-19008.gif

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Hmmmm. This may be a decent topic for a thread. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of "grass is greener" going on between cultures.

I'd actually be interested to see if some of the things we hear and assume over here actually stand true.
Yeah like marcsand already said. It very much depends on the company and line of work you do. In my job there are companies who treat their employees like tools you can throw away at any time and get a new one but there are also very laid back ones where they practical do nothing (compared to what usually your job is), they just get other people to do it xD
But I guess we can be happy in Germany that we have so many laws that protect us employees

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Happy Monday to one and all.

Yeah like marcsand already said. It very much depends on the company and line of work you do. In my job there are companies who treat their employees like tools you can throw away at any time and get a new one but there are also very laid back ones where they practical do nothing (compared to what usually your job is), they just get other people to do it xD
But I guess we can be happy in Germany that we have so many laws that protect us employees
Hmmmmm, so similar then. Interesting.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Forgot your password?