SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Just had a pop up quiz. half way through I found the (almost)complete answer on the back of our formulary... Wow hope the teacher doesn't know xD

Nice to hear that your getting better Sam :D

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Heya all! I'm back in town :D

Had some bad issues with my ears, worst tinnitus since four years :( Its slowly getting better, keyword "slowly". Nevertheless I'm back at work because under the line I love my job and don't want to risk it because of some unusual noise in my ears ;)

Have a nice day, stay healthy!

http://bestanimations.com/Food/Beverages/Coffee/coffee-animated-gif-15.gif

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Heya all! I'm back in town :smile:

Had some bad issues with my ears, worst tinnitus since four years :( Its slowly getting better, keyword "slowly". Nevertheless I'm back at work because under the line I love my job and don't want to risk it because of some unusual noise in my ears ;)

Have a nice day, stay healthy!

http://bestanimations.com/Food/Beverages/Coffee/coffee-animated-gif-15.gif
Be careful with your tinnitus. I heard that if it goes untreated for a long time you can suffer pretty bad hearing damage :S but thats all just partial knowledge so....
Just a heads-up :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Thanks brother. I'm suffering with this shit since four (or five?) years now, and its getting worse. Since two years I'm wearing a hearing aid. Sad enough that there is no known, proven cure. But furtheron, most employers are having problems to understand or to follow such health issues. And to be honest, I can understand these "acceptance-problems" either! Looking to myself, I'm a high skilled, comparably expensive project manager. But if my workload is too high, my nerve system aka ability to hear breaks down (have had 3 times a sudden deaf...hm, sounds funny, aye? "Sudden deaf", haha :smile:). So if I would be my boss, every year I would think about replacing me by a professional who costs way less money than I do. Plus can work more hours a day. That being said, I stopped asking for salary increase. I'm happy and thankful for my job and want to keep it as long as my company and health allow me to do it.

So, yeah, heads-up. Thats the reason why I've thrown money into Star Citizen, being online too much now and then, because I'm saying to myself: "Bugger, lets have fun as long as I'm able to hear some music and voices!" :smile: And I really *love* the space sounds and music within Star Citizen, and its always fun to be online with some buddys in the verse, playing ICC missions and stuff. Hopefully, that my ability to hear will last a couple of more years.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Thanks brother. I'm suffering with this shit since four (or five?) years now, and its getting worse. Since two years I'm wearing a hearing aid. Sad enough that there is no known, proven cure. But furtheron, most employers are having problems to understand or to follow such health issues. And to be honest, I can understand these "acceptance-problems" either! Looking to myself, I'm a high skilled, comparably expensive project manager. But if my workload is too high, my nerve system aka ability to hear breaks down (have had 3 times a sudden deaf...hm, sounds funny, aye? "Sudden deaf", haha :smile:). So if I would be my boss, every year I would think about replacing me by a professional who costs way less money than I do. Plus can work more hours a day. That being said, I stopped asking for salary increase. I'm happy and thankful for my job and want to keep it as long as my company and health allow me to do it.

So, yeah, heads-up. Thats the reason why I've thrown money into Star Citizen, being online too much now and then, because I'm saying to myself: "Bugger, lets have fun as long as I'm able to hear some music and voices!" :smile: And I really *love* the space sounds and music within Star Citizen, and its always fun to be online with some buddys in the verse, playing ICC missions and stuff. Hopefully, that my ability to hear will last a couple of more years.
Letz get greedy an hope for nothing changes or even better: a cure! :grin:

But like that saying goes :
Hope for the best and expect the worst

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've you love to live with a 1.5 year old - wait until they passed the 8, 9 or 10. Its so cool to make "big boy stuff" like tree branch fights in the wood, stealth firecracker actions on the day before silvester/New Years Eve or watching Luke burned parents ("woah! Look at that! Cool stuff!") while eating another kilo of potato chips, haha :smile:
My wife often shakes her head, telling me "I wonder: are you his dad or his brother??".
Well, since he hasn't a brother - yeah, I have to fill both rolls, haven't I? :grin:

Cheers, have a good one!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ktYYQiExajHig/giphy.gif
Hehehe.
I can't wait.
I Cannot WAIT!!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I stayed up till 4am playing star marine with moonshiner and drinking red wine.

Now I know why I don't drink red wine.

Ouch :D

Forgot your password?