SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Morning all! First day of my second try to absolve a - how do you name it? - "Lenten fast"...? Well, basically: only drink, not eat. And not even beer *whelp* Last year I crashed on the second day with a hell of a migraine. This year I'll allow myself some coffee and try to do this for a week.
See? Coffee is not only for the pleasure but also for health issues, ha! :D
Have a nice day!
Sam

P.S.: triple espresso @Graptor noice :grin:

http://www.coffeemuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Triple-Espresso.jpg

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind Owl, safe travels for the rest of the trip! And hopefully a little bit of sleep along the way. Hey, have you done a long plane flight with a restless 1 1/2 year old yet? Those are particularly fun!
Thanks a million Graptor. We're looking forward to having this transition over and done with.
Thank God it's only a 4 hour flight, a 2 hour layover, and another hour flight. And the government was nice enough to book our little fella his own seat. Woohoo. Haha.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Eliot

Just read the US news; and well, this quote of TS Eliot could be named "how democracy dies".
Everyone who is able to read german language: here is an interesting - very interesting - report about how "Hitler" was possible:
http://www.zeit.de/2017/05/adolf-hitler-reichskanzler-ernennung-jahrestag

Interesting...parallels.

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
We're looking forward to having this transition over and done with.
Hope it's done with soon! Time to settle in and start making the house into a home, eh?

Have a nice Friday @all!
Busy Friday! It'll be nice to get to the end of the day. Traveling next week for a conference (at least it's California, I get a break from the cold for a week). Trying to finish up all of next week's work today. Will be offline as the old laptop doesn't quite second as a gaming machine.

But, on the bright side, my wife returns tomorrow from 3 weeks of visiting her family in Australia. It's been too quiet around here!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
7 hours travel time, jeez. Hopefully that the time passes fast.
All the best of luck, we will read us next week!

Have a nice Friday @all!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e8/ac/3d/e8ac3df85932945ca77f28b08efae89a.jpg
It flew by Sam. We're settled into our hotel now, at our destination. We take possession of the new house on Tuesday, and hopefully all our stuff arrives soon-after. Almost done. Yay.
Hope it's done with soon! Time to settle in and start making the house into a home, eh?
Very soon my friend, very soon. It'll be great if only to get the little fella back to a routine, so he can relax and settle in. One year olds need that routine. So do their parents. :P Haha

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It flew by Sam. We're settled into our hotel now, at our destination. We take possession of the new house on Tuesday, and hopefully all our stuff arrives soon-after. Almost done. Yay.

Very soon my friend, very soon. It'll be great if only to get the little fella back to a routine, so he can relax and settle in. One year olds need that routine. So do their parents. :P Haha
I'm glad to hear that it;s almost done!!! With or without furniture and kitchen?

Reactions: Blind Owl

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Good morning, dear @marcsand2 by the way :slight_smile:
How's your job currently (well, assuming that you and your family are well)?
Good morning, unstructured like usual, I have been at a Knast, parking garage, distribution center (acting as a hardware engineer :joy:). Work on my chair started, I had to clean up the mess of a few previous projects first :grin: so I could use my saw table and drill stand again, the kids finally discovered the XBOX (and my tablet).

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Good morning, unstructured like usual, I have been at a Knast, parking garage, distribution center (acting as a hardware engineer :joy:). Work on my chair started, I had to clean up the mess of a few previous projects first :grin: so I could use my saw table and drill stand again, the kids finally discovered the XBOX (and my tablet).
Ich habe gedacht, dass du Administrator bist? Aber du bist eher...keine Ahnung...du fährst zu Kunden und richtest dort die IT-Hardware und -Vernetzung ein...?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Good morning everybody! Happy Monday. Sam, I'll take an extra large, extra strong, blacker than Hades heart coffee. Haha. Living in a hotel with a toddler is just the most fun. Ever. Haha.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Ich habe gedacht, dass du Administrator bist? Aber du bist eher...keine Ahnung...du fährst zu Kunden und richtest dort die IT-Hardware und -Vernetzung ein...?
Neuh, Ich mache... naja, meistens wenn eine Tastatur dran ist dann kann ich damit arbeiten. Hauptsächlich Industrial Automation (SPS, SCADA) und Technical Automation (Java, C#, SQL, drivers, portals) aber wenn es mall was anderes ist wie Delphi oder VB oder sonst was, dann klappt das auch.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Neuh, Ich mache... naja, meistens wenn eine Tastatur dran ist dann kann ich damit arbeiten. Hauptsächlich Industrial Automation (SPS, SCADA) und Technical Automation (Java, C#, SQL, drivers, portals) aber wenn es mall was anderes ist wie Delphi oder VB oder sonst was, dann klappt das auch.
Also Programmierer?

Forgot your password?