marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yup, my oldest now tries to challenge my in Disney Infinity, the damn Xbox doesn't has a HOTAS :cold_sweat:, but most of the time I can beat him in dogfight :sweat_smile:
Time for some advanced training :smiley:

Reactions: Blind Owl

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
Yup, my oldest now tries to challenge my in Disney Infinity
My oldest thinks I've reverted back to my childhood. He just bought his own business and thinks there's no time for games anymore. Mr. "I play Mine Craft until my eyes fall out" just a few short years ago. :dizzy_face:

He doesn't realize that in my childhood there weren't any computer games yet. Just Pong or Pac Man a few years later...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yup, my oldest now tries to challenge my in Disney Infinity, the damn Xbox doesn't has a HOTAS :cold_sweat:, but most of the time I can beat him in dogfight :sweat_smile:
Time for some advanced training :smiley:
Haha, coming up. He's only 17 months, so at this rate of advancement, I expect great SC skills!
I also expect to not be able to outgun him by the time he's 3. Help me God!
My oldest thinks I've reverted back to my childhood. He just bought his own business and thinks there's no time for games anymore. Mr. "I play Mine Craft until my eyes fall out" just a few short years ago. :dizzy_face:

He doesn't realize that in my childhood there weren't any computer games yet. Just Pong or Pac Man a few years later...
I was a child, but I remember . . .
Then the dark Jedi Atari came along, and Pong was no more

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Welp. Everything is approved, the mortgage is a go, we have officially bought our new house. Sign some papers and we're off to the races.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Congratz!

I've worked nearly 120 hours since 15th last week. Being at the end of both, my nerves and my energy, I'm looking forward to the end of this project on Monday next week.
Read ya!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
@Blind Owl @marcsand2 @rogesh
No, 't was hell itself. Can't explain it really in english language. Short story: RFI which was released on the 16th of December, but which landed on my office desk on the 09th of January. And...you know this scene where one volunteer is called - and you miss the time slot to do the necessary step back in this only one moment of time...?
Well, I was this one who suddenly stood alone, not least because they - the "fine" colleagues aka manager - knew I have the knowledge to do it. BUT: aside from one colleague we were left alone to write this technical concept; 40 pages of pure, 100% information. And when we've had our first draft, the "big boss" threw it back to us, calling it "rubbish", something like that. So we worked even harder, from 07.30 in the mornings until 9 or 10 in the evenings; without any break time or the like. Plus this colleague became kind of aggressive and very unpolite. I tried to keep calm, playing the sunny role of "hey, no problem, we can do it, bro! We are sitting in the same boat"... But he didn't understood it, complained all the time and more and more was criticising my "input". Somewhen I "shot back" and this was the point were I became aware that we won't be able to reach our goal. I simply couldn't bear doing THIS amount of work PLUS having this super dumb super negative colleague in my team. Finally, yesterday my nerve system shut down. Thus I'm out. Today I stayed at home, slept all the day. My boss is VERY angry at me. But not like you may think: he is not angry because I failed to finalize the work, no, he is mad at me because I didn't say a word. But: I was sure that I - we - can do it, I really believed in it! And I AM very sure that we could've done it, if this guy would've been able to shut down his "panic idiotic mode". That being said, yes, I tried to talk with him about it. But at that point I couldn't reach his ears - and brain - anymore.
So, I will try to relax, get some of my energy back - and start again on Monday.
Have a nice weekend!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
No, 't was hell itself.
Sorry to hear that

write this technical concept; 40 pages of pure, 100% information.
Then I'm glad that I only write software, it works or it doesn't work, when it doesn't, try to debug it until it works. Most of the time software is logical and does what you write it to do, so if it doesn't do what it supposed to do, then the writer did something fault or there is a timing issue.

So, I will try to relax, get some of my energy back - and start again on Monday.
That is a good plan

If I do a project in Industrial Automation, then more parties work on that project, the mechanical engineers must build the installation, then the electrical engineers have to connect everything, then the commissioning engineer has to take care that everything works correct, in the end the software engineer can do his job. If any delays occur during this process, the software engineer (me) gets less time, which usually always happens.

The thing that helps you through that kind of pressure is the big switch that you operate at the end of the day. Get out of the plant, switch work off and enjoy the rest that you get until the next day. Weekends are also days that can be used to work.
Honestly, I managed to get my remote access taken away because my last change was at 4AM while I had to get up at 6AM to work another long day :grin:.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind Owl @marcsand2 @rogesh
No, 't was hell itself. Can't explain it really in english language. Short story: RFI which was released on the 16th of December, but which landed on my office desk on the 09th of January. And...you know this scene where one volunteer is called - and you miss the time slot to do the necessary step back in this only one moment of time...?
Well, I was this one who suddenly stood alone, not least because they - the "fine" colleagues aka manager - knew I have the knowledge to do it. BUT: aside from one colleague we were left alone to write this technical concept; 40 pages of pure, 100% information. And when we've had our first draft, the "big boss" threw it back to us, calling it "rubbish", something like that. So we worked even harder, from 07.30 in the mornings until 9 or 10 in the evenings; without any break time or the like. Plus this colleague became kind of aggressive and very unpolite. I tried to keep calm, playing the sunny role of "hey, no problem, we can do it, bro! We are sitting in the same boat"... But he didn't understood it, complained all the time and more and more was criticising my "input". Somewhen I "shot back" and this was the point were I became aware that we won't be able to reach our goal. I simply couldn't bear doing THIS amount of work PLUS having this super dumb super negative colleague in my team. Finally, yesterday my nerve system shut down. Thus I'm out. Today I stayed at home, slept all the day. My boss is VERY angry at me. But not like you may think: he is not angry because I failed to finalize the work, no, he is mad at me because I didn't say a word. But: I was sure that I - we - can do it, I really believed in it! And I AM very sure that we could've done it, if this guy would've been able to shut down his "panic idiotic mode". That being said, yes, I tried to talk with him about it. But at that point I couldn't reach his ears - and brain - anymore.
Have a nice weekend!
Wow. I completely understand your frustration Sam. I have a hard time working with that kind of negativity too. Good for you for having the balls to take the day to recuperate and recharge.

Does your boss now know about the colleague being a shithead? I hope so. Regardless, shut off, enjoy your weekend, and tackle the project anew on Monday.

Cheers to you my friend.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey, good morning dear TESTies :slight_smile: I'm back in the office. My warmest thanks for your replies und wishes.

Well, this working day started unusually quiet. But don't take this wrong: I'm totally enjoying this! Had a cup of coffee - decaf - and a nice chit-chat with a colleague. Now I will see what kind of work this day is holding in its hands for me ;)

That being said, I've had a lot of fun reading Montoyas "Suspicious"- and "Concern"-thread and Discord-posts the last days. What a bunch of idiots is this there at the RSI-forums?? What [CONCERN]s me about this is the...lets name it "potential risk", that these idiots are also in the verse lateron. I mean, aside from us. I'm not sure if I can bear this...challenge. I think I will sell my account and leave Star Citizen because of them idiots.
gif-mcmahon.gif

btw. please note that this boss of these idiot gang, Rizzky, is a ganker: https://testsquadron.com/threads/rsi-drama-follow-up-in-video-format.9972/page-2#post-166408

Just shoot him on sight; if its not for the fun, its for training your aim skills :grimacing:

Ouh, did I mention: decaf only for me today? My beloved espresso machine broke down in November last year, and since then I'm living from instant coffee. Thats okay for some days or even weeks. But on last Saturday something...drove me...crazy. I bought something new. And it aint no spaceship!!
On the other hand: it could be a spaceship...in some imageinable way...couldn't it?

http://ws2-media4.tchibo-content.de/newmedia/art_img/MAIN_ALT_2/b00225c87abea853/saeco-hd8917-01-incanto-kaffeevollautomat-edelstahl.jpg
http://www.philips.de/c-p/HD8917_01/incanto-kaffeevollautomat

Adios, you upcoming concept sales. You will have to make your parties without me *sighs*

Long story short: I had to TEST this new invest - and I did it. But with the success of TESTing there came a caffeine shock, haha :smile: I think I slept three hours last night, played Diablo 3 until half past three :grin:

Well, in the meantime its 10 a.m. over here. Time to leave the forums, do some work - come back later. And say "hi" to Rizzky, shoot him with love :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Cheers!
Sam

https://media.giphy.com/media/ktYYQiExajHig/giphy.gif

Forgot your password?