SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Sorry to hear about your pain-troubled doggy. Alas she has a caring master, spending her a good evening of life.
Thankyou Sam, my doggy appreciates your kind words. Thankfully she is feeling alot better today, has lost her limp but needs to be careful with her leg. Hate seeing her getting old and that she isnt immortal as much as I'd like her to be.

*fairy kisses*

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
My wife has seen something about real maple syrup being better (contains anti-oxidants) for you than sugar (I use raw sugar)... so now we are putting syrup in our coffee...

I'm ambivalent.

Change is hard.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
P.S.: @marcsand2 obviously has started his "hermit-phase" - I hate it :(
Sometimes a bit of solitary reflection is good for you. I'm sure when @marcsand2 returns, his Kung Fu will be stonger than ever.
tumblr_n59a02mVI21rpfx57o1_250.gif

My wife has seen something about real maple syrup being better (contains anti-oxidants) for you than sugar (I use raw sugar)... so now we are putting syrup in our coffee...

I'm ambivalent.

Change is hard.
Maple syrup in coffee? Very... Canadian...
I've heard keeping locally made honey in your diet can help you build resistances to pollen allergies, but that may be a myth. I'd only try it with tea myself, though. Coffee just doesn't taste right to me if it's sweet or milky. I prefer it bitter and black, just like my heart.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm sorry to see this, @Sam K Macer. How close are you to Munich?
I'll spoiler my answer in case some of you might not want to read about this topic.
Hey, thanks a lot. Well, the distance is a relative thing I guess. Its about 700 km, so for someone living in USA or Canada or Australia it may be somehow "nearby". For us, its still a good distance because for me its on the other end of Germany. BUT all the terror acts the last weeks were somewhere in Europe - still terrifying, but not such close to my heart as it now is. German brothers and sisters were killed, two of them are/were 14, the others 17 - 19, one 45 year old. That makes me sad in a way I cannot describe. Such young souls ... On the other hand there were waves of great humanity who offered their house and bed under the hashtag #opendoor (kind of). This in opposite was very heartwarming.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I'll spoiler my answer in case some of you might not want to read about this topic.
Hey, thanks a lot. Well, the distance is a relative thing I guess. Its about 700 km, so for someone living in USA or Canada or Australia it may be somehow "nearby". For us, its still a good distance because for me its on the other end of Germany. BUT all the terror acts the last weeks were somewhere in Europe - still terrifying, but not such close to my heart as it now is. German brothers and sisters were killed, two of them are/were 14, the others 17 - 19, one 45 year old. That makes me sad in a way I cannot describe. Such young souls ... On the other hand there were waves of great humanity who offered their house and bed under the hashtag #opendoor (kind of). This in opposite was very heartwarming.
I understand not wanting to become bogged down in unpleasant real life stuff here on the TEST forums. I'll just say that I hope you and your neighbors are safe and that I hope this issue is resolved sooner rather than later.
Now back to our regularly scheduled sci-fi escapism: I'd like to order a space coffee and a space pastry, please. Barrista's choice, surprise me!

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Well is Sunday morning, pissing down with rain AND Im oncall for work.....could life get any better? I'm bracing myself for callouts to businesses for roof leaks, where I'll go to it, eyeball it, "yep thats a leak, see you next week when its not raining". Those sorts of things kill your weekend but atleast its 3 hours pay minimum double time.

Reactions: Rolo

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
My thoughts are with you @Sam K Macer and all of Deutschland.

Forgot your password?