SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
I'll spoiler my answer in case some of you might not want to read about this topic.
Hey, thanks a lot. Well, the distance is a relative thing I guess. Its about 700 km, so for someone living in USA or Canada or Australia it may be somehow "nearby". For us, its still a good distance because for me its on the other end of Germany. BUT all the terror acts the last weeks were somewhere in Europe - still terrifying, but not such close to my heart as it now is. German brothers and sisters were killed, two of them are/were 14, the others 17 - 19, one 45 year old. That makes me sad in a way I cannot describe. Such young souls ... On the other hand there were waves of great humanity who offered their house and bed under the hashtag #opendoor (kind of). This in opposite was very heartwarming.
Not quite sure how I've missed this news, cant say its been plastered over the news channels here or I have somehow missed it! Either way, thoughts are with Germany and its people.

Reactions: Rolo

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I understand not wanting to become bogged down in unpleasant real life stuff here on the TEST forums. I'll just say that I hope you and your neighbors are safe and that I hope this issue is resolved sooner rather than later.
Now back to our regularly scheduled sci-fi escapism: I'd like to order a space coffee and a space pastry, please. Barrista's choice, surprise me!
I'm sorry, but we are closed today. Please come back on Monday ;)

My thoughts are with you @Sam K Macer and all of Deutschland.
Thanks dear :)

Not quite sure how I've missed this news, cant say its been plastered over the news channels here or I have somehow missed it! Either way, thoughts are with Germany and its people.
Appreciate, thanks.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I understand not wanting to become bogged down in unpleasant real life stuff here on the TEST forums. I'll just say that I hope you and your neighbors are safe and that I hope this issue is resolved sooner rather than later.
Now back to our regularly scheduled sci-fi escapism: I'd like to order a space coffee and a space pastry, please. Barrista's choice, surprise me!
Good morning! Its 9 a.m. on Monday, the weeks starts...well, as every week. I again haven't won in the lottery, which makes me kind of angry. There is a conspiracy system behind it, right? They *won't* let me win, these bastards, arrrrr. I will shoot them down with a Buc; all of them. I'm having a buy-back-pledge on this one, I tell ya!

Oh @Beerjerker heres your order:

https://oneshotfortheroad.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/vivace-pastry.jpg

Well, I'm having the thankful job of a triple holiday replacement, yay... :cool::confused::D Lets start, lets crash it - and have a nice start into the week!
Sam

Reactions: Rolo and Beerjerker

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
9 to 5 :p:)
Oh... So... you get to work at 9, then lunch at noon. So is 2PM break time? I am American, we don't understand this "break time" thing. I get to work at 7:30AM and get off a 4:30PM with lunch at 11. I drink my coffee in morning followed by a cold caffeinated beverage at lunch (usually Diet Mt. Dew). You also seem to get more vacation time than me.... Maybe I need to move to Germany.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Oh... So... you get to work at 9, then lunch at noon. So is 2PM break time? I am American, we don't understand this "break time" thing. I get to work at 7:30AM and get off a 4:30PM with lunch at 11. I drink my coffee in morning followed by a cold caffeinated beverage at lunch (usually Diet Mt. Dew). You also seem to get more vacation time than me.... Maybe I need to move to Germany.
Yeah, come on over to us. This is the land where milk and honey flows in the rivers, roasted chickens flying in the air and cake and cookies are growing on the trees. Everyone is always happy and having sex with anyone anytime...... Kind of this story I think some bad guy must have told all these refugees which came here the last months, together with expectations which rushed up high as the sky. Sad enough that we now have to carry their frustration as they begin to realize that something went wrong, that even in Germany are Ghettos and everyone has to work for his/her success. Looking at me, yes, I studied twice(!) during my working time, at the evening hours when others were already at sleep. The price? Deaf on one ear because of all the stress (because there was also a little bit family besides), but also a fine job with a bunch of nice incentives. Now there are people, looking on my job, envy me. They may; but I also tell them: no fate; everyone can reach a fine job if he/she is targeting it and working hard for.

Well, gotta go into a fon conference. Have a nice day!
Sam

https://media.giphy.com/media/B7EaoTf3D0k5G/giphy.gif

Reactions: Rolo and Blind Owl

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
Yeah, come on over to us. This is the land where milk and honey flows in the rivers, roasted chickens flying in the air and cake and cookies are growing on the trees. Everyone is always happy and having sex with anyone anytime...... Kind of this story I think some bad guy must have told all these refugees which came here the last months, together with expectations which rushed up high as the sky. Sad enough that we now have to carry their frustration as they begin to realize that something went wrong, that even in Germany are Ghettos and everyone has to work for his/her success. Looking at me, yes, I studied twice(!) during my working time, at the evening hours when others were already at sleep. The price? Deaf on one ear because of all the stress (because there was also a little bit family besides), but also a fine job with a bunch of nice incentives. Now there are people, looking on my job, envy me. They may; but I also tell them: no fate; everyone can reach a fine job if he/she is targeting it and working hard for.

Well, gotta go into a fon conference. Have a nice day!
Sam

https://media.giphy.com/media/B7EaoTf3D0k5G/giphy.gif
I'm sorry @Sam K Macer , I know it isn't perfect over there... I am just frustrated with the United States right now. Violence, poverty, healthcare that only the wealthy can truly afford, stagnated wages, and nobody seems to care about the people who live here... only themselves. The one thing I appreciate about the EU (and Germany, by proxy) is that they at least seem to care about people... even if those who they care about reciprocate with violence. You are good people over there with sensible mindsets and good morals. I certainly didn't mean to make light of what you have worked for and the struggles you have gone through to get where you are. Thanks for the coffee, I needed it.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Zapp, I'm having lots of work on my desk today - and well, its already half past six ;) So I'm gonna answer you later. Enjoy your day!

Reactions: Rolo and Blind Owl
Forgot your password?