marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Jeez, not good. But: better ill during vacation than during working days imho(?).
Depends on point of view. Here you get ill during vacation, you call office and say ill. You get back your ill vacation days. Maybe that is the advantage from working at a big company and in the Netherlands.

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Depends on point of view. Here you get ill during vacation, you call office and say ill. You get back your ill vacation days. Maybe that is the advantage from working at a big company and in the Netherlands.

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Yeah, same here - theoratically. But most of my colleagues - including me - are afraid of their jobs, thus saving your ass means being ill during vacation ;) Besides, officially I wasn't ill yesterday - I worked at home :D

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
thus everybody who is ill will stay working, infecting everybody else on the office. I do that too. During holidays and floored is a bad combination. 1st week away, kept myself standing with paracetamol and 2nd ingredient, 2nd week I got floored a few times after working in garden, time to go to the doctor, 3 and 4 officially ill. So I divided the 4 weeks between me and boss.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Very nice of you. Hopefully your boss appreciated that? ;)
Big firm, P&O makes a comment towards my boss, my boss is very understanding, a woman, (I don't know if there is any connection between gender and understanding :D)
I guess that they appreciate my other qualities above the sometimes ill. Pneumonia also sounds deterrent ;).

Reactions: Blind Owl

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Women in huge companies, who want to be more than a secretary, first of all have to be tough. And thats first hand information, buddy ;)

Lunch time over here. Sad enough, I can't make sports today - and even tomorrow I probably have to skip it :(
Drinking coffee and waiting for executive weekly call; crunching the numbers. I hate those days.

DcTrojan72

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2014
RSI Handle
BigDamnHero
G'morning from good ol' Germany, dear TESTers. Since it isn't all about beer and alcohol and due to the fact I'd like to make myself comfortable in this forum I am taking the liberty to open the first coffee bar here on testsquadron.com

Please feel free to order coffee, Cappuccino, Espresso or Latte Machiatto...did I mention, that "Latte" in german language is kind of one synonym for a mans erection? I always have some repressions ordering a Latte...anyway, for sure you can have sum Rum in your coffee which then is called "Pharisäer" which is a pretty nice northern German story, too; and tea. Don't like it pretty much except for stinging nettle tea.

Well, it is 9:30 a.m., the sun is shining at 0°C degrees and it seems to become a wonderful day - apart from the fact that I am sitting in the office and have some work to do...or to act as if. Most efficient weapon to let all think that you are busy: rushing through the corridors, best case with some paper work in your hands, and make a full stop at the coffee kitchen. Often you can catch up a colleague and talk about "major business issues" or anything of such crap. Only crux of this strategy: if you are *seriously* in a rush because of lots and lots to do, such colleagues who only want to have a coffee break by using you as an alibi are...at least in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So what is this all about? To put it as simplest: nothing. Just smalltalk, chit-chat and a thread for giving relief to a working day with you guy (because discord in the office...nah, I think that wouldn't work out for long, and nevertheless: I like my job, really!)

Coffee - anyone? ;)
Hmm so as i understand it.. if i ask a girl if she wants a Latte... its like asking if she has any German in her.... hmmmmmm :cool:

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Facing the death glare of the real-life @MzHartz , you now would've already turned to stone.
Just sayin'... :D
You're getting to know me too well.... (I've actually had the nickname Medusa before.)

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Jeez, not good. But: better ill during vacation than during working days imho(?).

Oh boy, my 18 years old daughter has a new boyfriend - 35 years old!! :confused: It could....be my boyfriend, looking at the age difference.
But: she is 18 and can do what she wants, she is 18 and can do what she wants, she is 18 and can do what she wants, she is 18 and can do what she wants, ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
When I was 18, I was dating a 30 year old. I'm now 35 and we've been married for 13 years. So it can work. (We also have a non-traditional marriage which many also claim doesn't work.)

But at the same time, I'm 35. I cannot imagine dating an 18 year old. I'd be looking very skeptically at any of my male friends dating an 18 year old girl. Hell, there's some that I look at skeptically if they date someone in their 20's.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Just found this pic - I like it, its very funny imo :D

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HqrxSG5cmKo/V5rn_a3zryI/AAAAAAAATBw/wojmSZSRwm8MKUaAJx1hbWnLovH4fgYnQCLcB/s320/bFIQVls73Gg-696x364.jpg

Background story (from 2012 I guess):
The famous chef, Jamie Oliver, won the court process against McDonald’s company, proving that their products are not edible!

(...)According to the statements of James, the products prepared at McDonald’s, in fact, cannot be called …food. The meat for hamburgers , Big Mac and other goods is prepared from beef fat and is washed in ammonium hydroxide. A procedure that severely harms human health.(...)
Visit: http://www.luxuryandglamor.com/the-famous-chef-jamie-oliver-won-the-court-process-against-mcdonalds-company-proving-that-their-products-are-not-edible/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCqKl4Q3hW4

Forgot your password?