marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'm so happy to hear that they can remove that annoying little tumor. I recall how much grief that little bastard was giving you last year. At one point you seemed pretty despondent about it and the trouble it was causing you. Thank God there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you! Yay for Sam!

As for me, well, good and bad. Family is great. We are so happy. @CrudeSasquatch is here visiting, so that's been fun. Job is amazing, I'm certainly happy there.

House...well that's where the bad starts. If you recall, our house flooded back in April, and we lost our finished basement. Well, months later, and many thousands of dollars (including a fleet refund to help pay for it all) and we had our basement rebuilt and our foundation fixed. Yay!

Well, we woke up at 0400 this morning, and our basement has flooded again with sewer water. We lost everything. All our new construction, all of our sons toys, all of the furniture, all of the new carpeting, all of it. Every damn thing that was on the floor. Our new bathroom that we had built, all the walls in the basement. The flooding was exponentially worse than last time.

I don't know how to feel right now. I'm kinda numb. We've been fighting for the last six hours to salvage what we can.

This is what it looks like now,after we've removed everything we can.
View attachment 8942
View attachment 8943

Heartbreaking
Holy crap, how can that be? You fixed the foundation!!! Where does the crap enter your cellar? I feel really sorry for you and your family :disappointed:

Our house is build in a slope. The cellar walls aren't particular waterproof (really sandy) and our sewage system is kind of "old style", but hard to reach. When we have a constipation in the sewer, the ground can get saturated, even when it rains a lot for a long period of time, our ground can get saturated. Happened twice last 10 years. First time was sewer water, with heavy rain, second time was only heavy rain, the day before our holiday I had to convince my wife that it wasn't the sewer.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I'm so happy to hear that they can remove that annoying little tumor. I recall how much grief that little bastard was giving you last year. At one point you seemed pretty despondent about it and the trouble it was causing you. Thank God there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you! Yay for Sam!

As for me, well, good and bad. Family is great. We are so happy. @CrudeSasquatch is here visiting, so that's been fun. Job is amazing, I'm certainly happy there.

House...well that's where the bad starts. If you recall, our house flooded back in April, and we lost our finished basement. Well, months later, and many thousands of dollars (including a fleet refund to help pay for it all) and we had our basement rebuilt and our foundation fixed. Yay!

Well, we woke up at 0400 this morning, and our basement has flooded again with sewer water. We lost everything. All our new construction, all of our sons toys, all of the furniture, all of the new carpeting, all of it. Every damn thing that was on the floor. Our new bathroom that we had built, all the walls in the basement. The flooding was exponentially worse than last time.

I don't know how to feel right now. I'm kinda numb. We've been fighting for the last six hours to salvage what we can.

This is what it looks like now,after we've removed everything we can.
View attachment 8942
View attachment 8943

Heartbreaking
Oh man I feel so bad for you.... So much work and all seems for nothing. As a firefighter I pumped out some basements and I always felt bad but it was never a fully build one :S

I hope you find a solution to that

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Holy crap, how can that be? You fixed the foundation!!! Where does the crap enter your cellar? I feel really sorry for you and your family :disappointed:

Our house is build in a slope. The cellar walls aren't particular waterproof (really sandy) and our sewage system is kind of "old style", but hard to reach. When we have a constipation in the sewer, the ground can get saturated, even when it rains a lot for a long period of time, our ground can get saturated. Happened twice last 10 years. First time was sewer water, with heavy rain, second time was only heavy rain, the day before our holiday I had to convince my wife that it wasn't the sewer.
Oh man I feel so bad for you.... So much work and all seems for nothing. As a firefighter I pumped out some basements and I always felt bad but it was never a fully build one :S

I hope you find a solution to that
Months of work rebuilding the basement, fixing the foundation, fixing everything up for our son...
And Bam! Gone. Again. And even worse this time.

The problem is looking to be in our cinder block wall, where the sewer line runs out. Best we can tell, the main sewer line must have a crack or leak where it passes through the wall. The heavy rainfall on two feet of snow and frozen ground gave the surface water nowhere to go. The septic likely filled, then backfilled the line to the house. If the line was full, then it would start leaking down that crack inside the wall. It (shit water) was literally pouring into our basement through the mortar between the cinder blocks.

There's just no way that water could get through the foundation repair they just did, as that had completely sealed that area of the wall on the outside.

Thankfully, if it is the sewer line, we have coverage. We'll find out next week, lol.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The septic likely filled, then backfilled the line to the house. If the line was full, then it would start leaking down that crack inside the wall. It (shit water) was literally pouring into our basement through the mortar between the cinder blocks.

There's just no way that water could get through the foundation repair they just did, as that had completely sealed that area of the wall on the outside.
If the septic overfills, you could install a check valve outside your house, the sewer line won't fill beyond that valve. The only problem is that new water from inside will fill up the sewer line and start to flow over at the lowest point, the bathroom in the basement. The same would have happened if there is no crack in the sewer line.

Thankfully, if it is the sewer line, we have coverage. We'll find out next week, lol.
I hope that it is your sewer line. So much work in vain.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
If the septic overfills, you could install a check valve outside your house, the sewer line won't fill beyond that valve. The only problem is that new water from inside will fill up the sewer line and start to flow over at the lowest point, the bathroom in the basement. The same would have happened if there is no crack in the sewer line.
Yeah, I thought about the check valve as well. Outside the house, near the tank. I'll consult a professional and see what they think.

Right now it's all guess work as to the real issue. I'll be talking to a city engineer to check my house stability/foundation. The insurance company will send someone or have me bring in someone who can diagnose the issue.

Until then, we wait. Again.
I hope that it is your sewer line. So much work in vain.
I hope it is too my friend. I really do.
Yeah, we just finished rebuilding. Like a few weeks ago. It's heartbreaking.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Heartbreaking
It truly is. I dont know what to say/write. This makes me so sad.
So, this again makes thousands and thousands of Dollars?
Man, if I'd had the money, I'd send it for support you and your family. But alas, I'm lack of funds currently due to my whole sickness history.
I really really hope that there is anything or anyone of support which/who can make you see some light again in the nearest future.
All my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It truly is. I dont know what to say/write. This makes me so sad.
So, this again makes thousands and thousands of Dollars?
Man, if I'd had the money, I'd send it for support you and your family. But alas, I'm lack of funds currently due to my whole sickness history.
I really really hope that there is anything or anyone of support which/who can make you see some light again in the nearest future.
All my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thanks Sam. I certainly appreciate that. I think this time it sounds like our insurance company will be there for us. At least, I'm praying that this is the case.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Goood MORNING! Its Monday, its morning, and I'm already reading BULLSHIT at its best!!

So, there is this potentially great medieval game, Kingdome Come Deliverance, which is settled in Bohema around the 15th century and promises a most-likely reality based gameplay without any magic, (high) fantasy or other mystical overtones.
So, lets think about the age and the location: bohemia, 15th century. Were they any coloured people at that time? Well, perhaps some people from russia or italy or the like. But coloured like coming over from Africa? Probably not. And how about women at that time? Were they tough - okay, they were tough, without any question. But have they had the same rights as men? Did they have rights to like become a knight, or do whatever men could do during that time? Probably not. But exactly there lies the main area of criticism: the game doen't deal with coloured people - and you can't choose to play a female charakter! *gasps* Oh my gosh - rassism and sexism! In middle of medieval Bohemian! And where are the elves? I want to slay another elve! And no magic? What world could this be without magic? This is so not realistic...

Seems I am in urgent need of MOAR alcohol in my Monday morning coffee......

http://i0.wp.com/www.arts-stew.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Maxine-coffee-1.jpg

Forgot your password?