Ship Names - is there a Test prefix?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Isn't it spelled "SQUARDON"?
Yeah indeed! hence I wrote it correctly under the sign, damn spell correction screwed that up and I was to lazy to redo it ha ha ha ha... 😂 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Vavrik

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
TSO "Test Squadron Org... " rather than TSS as the combination SS even with a T in front sound a lot like WW2 Political organisation Natzi SS witch does not carry any good with it.

just a thought.

CHEERS!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
TSO "Test Squadron Org... " rather than TSS as the combination SS even with a T in front sound a lot like WW2 Political organisation Natzi SS witch does not carry any good with it.

just a thought.

CHEERS!
I was riffing on USS (United States Ship, United Federation of Planets Starship)
TSS is no different that that.

Oh, and as for SS itself, that prefix was (and is) actually used on MANY ships as that abbreviation is for Steam Ship. It has nothing to do with WWII organizations when it comes to ships. For Instance, properly, it's the SS United States (broke the east and westbound transatlantic speed records) , the SS Edmund Fitzgerald (the iron ore ship that sank in Lake Superior and made legendary by the song Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot), The SS Minnow (Gilligan's Island - but not a steam ship, but one powered by an internal combustion engine) etc.

I see your point of view, but do not share it. That's ok. You grew up in a place (and maybe time) where you had different boogie men than where/when I grew up and therefore have different associations for things.

Maybe use one for military ships within Test, and another for merchant (non military) ships? GLS for military, TSS or maybe just TS (for Test Ship) for non-military? Or just use GLS for any ship if you dislike TSS.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

just a thought.

CHEERS!
Well a bit exagereted don't you think?? I mean I'm to promote the SS or any nazi things, but, like Thalstan state, things have to be contestualised, otherwise you'll end up like YouTube censorship that ban a chess channel becouse racism do to the sentance "the white ones attack the black ones"....

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I was riffing on USS (United States Ship, United Federation of Planets Starship)
TSS is no different that that.

Oh, and as for SS itself, that prefix was (and is) actually used on MANY ships as that abbreviation is for Steam Ship. It has nothing to do with WWII organizations when it comes to ships. For Instance, properly, it's the SS United States (broke the east and westbound transatlantic speed records) , the SS Edmund Fitzgerald (the iron ore ship that sank in Lake Superior and made legendary by the song Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot), The SS Minnow (Gilligan's Island - but not a steam ship, but one powered by an internal combustion engine) etc.

I see your point of view, but do not share it. That's ok. You grew up in a place (and maybe time) where you had different boogie men than where/when I grew up and therefore have different associations for things.

Maybe use one for military ships within Test, and another for merchant (non military) ships? GLS for military, TSS or maybe just TS (for Test Ship) for non-military? Or just use GLS for any ship if you dislike TSS.

Well a bit exagereted don't you think?? I mean I'm to promote the SS or any nazi things, but, like Thalstan state, things have to be contestualised, otherwise you'll end up like YouTube censorship that ban a chess channel becouse racism do to the sentance "the white ones attack the black ones"....

HA HA HA... yes indeed.. was just a thought... 🍻

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
CIG has pubblish some info on the ship nameing process with timeline for the different waves and the first bunch of ships that will be able to be named:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I seem to be late to the party, but I was just thinking about this myself. I was about to make the cardinal error of starting a new topic on it, but happened to find this one 🍺

TSS is pretty neat
GLS is great as well, could also go with GL/NUB (Glorious Leader's Newest Unexploded Barge)

Hmm. GL/NUB could be cargo haulers. Taunt those pirates.
Could then have like
GL/DIE (Glorious Leader's Dynamic Intergalactic Exterminator) for combat ships
GL/HAH (Glorious Leader's Heavy Assist Hull) for support ships
GL/OOPS (Glorious Leader's Overseer & Operation Planning Ship) for capital / command type ships.

And then GL/S for just Good Luck /Sarcasm Glorious Leader's Ship for when it's a multirole ship.

Forgot your password?