Ship showdown predictions?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Given the Argo beat out the Carrack, I think we can all ignore this entire process, as corrupted by those who made a joke of it. The top three rated ships certainly should be Carrack, C2 and MSR and the C2 only because it is still fresh. Carrack really should be second, IMHO.
It is the way of things on the web.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm hoping that the C2 will swallow the hopes & dreams of the ARGO Cargo supporters. The vehicle itself is like a diamond according to the founder of the DeBeers company, intrinsically worthless.

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The Saber is sent spinning into the center of the sun as the Mercury Star Runner hands it a headdy loss.

Today, the Semi Final! The C2 can swallow and Argo whole - but can it beat it in a popular vote?

Round 1Round 2Semi-FinalsFinalsWinner!
>>> C2 Hercules >>>
Caterpillar>>> C2 Hercules >>>
>>> Reclaimer >>>Reclaimer
MoleC2 Hercules
>>> Carrak >>>Argo Cargo
Constellation AndromedaCarrak
>>> Argo Cargo >>>>>> Argo Cargo >>>
Freelancer Max?
?
Cutlass Black?
>>> 600i Explorer >>>>>> 600i Explorer >>>
>>> Retaliator >>>Retaliator
Defender600i Explorer
>>> Mercury Star Runner >>>Murcury Star Runner
Razor>>> Mercury Star Runner >>>
GladiusSabre
>>> Sabre >>>

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Is it wrong to start wondering what sort of color combination that CIG might have in mind for the ship skins for this year's BIS top 4?

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So sakura tree pink + brownish pink (clouds)?
Or just plain white+blue?

edit: btw argo is still in hte lead by 650ish votes
I was going to ask about pink and white tones... but you beat me to it. Maybe with blue whales to form the polkadots?
For my C2. (My MSR already has black and yellow)

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
And so it came to pass, the Hercules with all its ability and advantage of being a newly flyable ship was put down by the Argo, the tiny utility ship moving on to the Grand Final!

...Today... we learn which ship joins it at the top table to duke it out for Ultimate Glory... Will it be the 600i? Or the C2's stable mate, the Mercury Star Runner?

Round 1Round 2Semi-FinalsFinalsWinner!
>>> C2 Hercules >>>
Caterpillar>>> C2 Hercules >>>
>>> Reclaimer >>>Reclaimer
MoleC2 Hercules
>>> Carrak >>>>>> Argo Cargo >>>
Constellation AndromedaCarrak
>>> Argo Cargo >>>>>> Argo Cargo >>>
Freelancer MaxArgo Cargo
?
Cutlass Black?
>>> 600i Explorer >>>>>> 600i Explorer >>>
>>> Retaliator >>>Retaliator
Defender600i Explorer
>>> Mercury Star Runner >>>Murcury Star Runner
Razor>>> Mercury Star Runner >>>
GladiusSabre
>>> Sabre >>>

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Based on what I am seeing, the selection is a fraud no matter what. The Argo voting clearly being manipulated by outside sources such as accounts created specifically for voting for that ship…

at this point, theArgo is going to win on sheer fraud…

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Based on what I am seeing, the selection is a fraud no matter what. The Argo voting clearly being manipulated by outside sources such as accounts created specifically for voting for that ship…

at this point, theArgo is going to win on sheer fraud…
I don't think the Argo is winning just for the memes/lulz.

Where were the fake accounts to vote against the Argo?? There is nothing stopping the supposedly better/more popular ship from winning against the Argo, except that seemingly no one cares to spend their entire afternoon creating accounts just to do that. It's just not worth it. The vast majority of players would be working against themselves anyways.

The whole premise of Best ship Evaaaaa' is false, cos objectively it does not (currently) exist. You cannot just look at a spreadsheet and say "this is the best ship thus it must win". A Warden is not a better ship than an Argo just like a 600i is not a better ship than Scythe. All have their uses where they shine, and that includes PRICE. This is supposed to be a popularity contest, but somehow so far every winning ship was a 300+ dollar ship, something that the vast majority of the player base does NOT own. So they got literally nothing out of this contest so far.
With the Argo, it's affordable, you can way more easily grind it out in game, or pay the 44 (for me with VAT) USD for it and own it. It's not a 600usd Carrack. It's something "for the people", who might actually buy one, like I did.

And this takes me to my second point: marketing. How many Argos for the 40ish dollars will sell versus how many 600i-s or MSR-s would have sold for the hundreds of dollars? Especially with both of em already had their runs in the sales, and being fuckin expensive, I'd guess most people who wanted to buy them already own them. So CiG did the thing that is most beneficial to them, and made the cheap option win it's rounds (so far) to pump up hype and thus sales.

So to conclude yes, you might be correct, cos Ship Showdown might have been 100% fake every time anyways.

Forgot your password?