Ship Showdown - The Eliminator.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The ship itself is not bad, but the difference between the base and the Gemini is just a paint color and added missiles. It's supposed to be structurally different inside and have armor to protect (whenever that's in). Not to mention the S6 turret on top and two S4s on the back. Plus both of them are said to have S5 for the pilot, but I guess that's just wrong?

It do enjoy it very much and it's one of my favorite to use and fly, but it does need the inside completely redone and even part of the outside. I'm very excited for the rework, but it will have to wait until we get a LOT more functionality in the game. Which I'm happy to wait for, but I do like to bring it up every once in a while.
I was wondering the same thing about the initial pairing... they seams completaly random: I mean why pairing the 890j with the Razor???
At least for the initial pairing it'll be a bit more fare to couple ship with similar class, like the Redemer with the Caterpillar (both large industrial vessel) or the Carrack with the 890j (both large ship with hangar for ships and veicles and several gameplay in them...)...

For the pairing of the crusader ship I don't think that will be a hiight chance solution: it will cripple the selling of two ship that I felll will be very popular and fas selling..

First post updated, Prospector punished by the Caterpillar crew with nearly double the number of votes showering that Cat with glory!

Today, Round 1 bout 3 of 8, the Banu Defender and the Gladius - but which will take the bout, the Aegis stalwart or the Banu bruiser?
Right now the Gladius is chopping the Definder in fine strip leading with 66% more preferences....

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
For the pairing of the crusader ship I don't think that will be a hiight chance solution: it will cripple the selling of two ship that I felll will be very popular and fas selling..
That actually is a good point. I wonder if they paired them up purposefully to make sure certain ships would stick around longer and let them sell more. Obviously the 890 will sell more than the Razor, the Reclaimer probably doesn't sell too well, Black/Andromeda are always available (right?).

I thought they were taking the sales down when one lost, but the Reclaimer is still up, so I'm wondering now. But regardless, they probably will sell more of a ship that is winning in the competition, so I keep my opinion. I wish we could see the sales figures of individual ships by day to know for sure.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
First post updated, Prospector punished by the Caterpillar crew with nearly double the number of votes showering that Cat with glory!

Today, Round 1 bout 3 of 8, the Banu Defender and the Gladius - but which will take the bout, the Aegis stalwart or the Banu bruiser?
I'd say it's an easy choice but that Defender might just pull it off.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Last year, if I remember correctly, it was the damned DRAKE Dragonfly who's fanboys chose it over the 890J. So hopefully the 890J will end up in the final 4 this year.

Personally, I think that round 1 should have put the Hammerhead against the Carrack with the winner taking on the winner of the Black against the Cat & Reclaimer shouldn't be in the top 16. This setup would've fixed the waste of this years showdown because the Carrack would've wiped out the last of the winners from last year & if it failed to do so, then only 1 of them would've repeated at most. As for next year, I hope that if CIG ignorantly allows the Cat & Black back in, they go head to head with the Hercules vs Cat & MSR vs Black in their 1st round matches with those 2 matches on opposite ends of the bracket. At this point, my feeling is F Drake!

This is my fear for the MSR and Hercules next year. They'll match the two of them up in the first bracket and everyone knows those two would reach the final four.

I wonder what their system for placement on the bracket is? Cause the Reclaimer really got done dirty this year. I wish they had placed the Carrack up against the Cat round one. The Cat won last year and luckily they'll meet up in round two so too many ships don't get knocked out before they have a shot.

I voted for the Prospector simply because I think the Cat is overrated. People mostly love it for the cargo running role and it makes them a ton of creds. Maybe next year or so it'll have its switchable pods and actually be loved for its true purpose and functionality.
Exactly, you get what my point is @Grimbli , the winning final 4 ships of each tournement should be excluded from future competitions.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Original post updated! The Gladius packs the Defenders bags and sends it back to the Protectorate for a marketing strategy meeting, this loss will mean the Defenders the next ad will likely feature 100% more zaney Banu charm! Oh noes!

Today, Round 1 bout 4 of 8, the Hammerhead and the Eclipse - but which will take the bout? Can the Hammerhead Hammer the Eclipse, or will those Torpedoes have what it takes deliver the knockout blow!?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Original post updated! The Gladius packs the Defenders bags and sends it back to the Protectorate for a marketing strategy meeting, this loss will mean the Defenders the next ad will likely feature 100% more zaney Banu charm! Oh noes!

Today, Round 1 bout 4 of 8, the Hammerhead and the Eclipse - but which will take the bout? Can the Hammerhead Hammer the Eclipse, or will those Torpedoes have what it takes deliver the knockout blow!?

Well the Eclipse has started out strong. lets see if it can carry it over

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well the Eclipse has started out strong. lets see if it can carry it over
Yep it does...
The Eclipse win the match with 6854 vote vs 5207 of the hammerhead... next Eclipse round will be against the Gladius... that will be a interesting match

Now is Cutty black Vs Conny Andromeda... and the cutty jump ahead with about 70% more vote...
lets see how it end up but by my bet are on the Cutty...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Original post updated! The Eclipse put the Hammerhead in the shade sending the previous years finalist back to the benches!

Today, Round 1 bout 5 of 8, the Cutlass Black and the Connie Andromeda - it seems unbalanced with the Connie having so much more to offer but with the drakes fervent fanbase the match is RSI's to loose!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm supporting ALL ships facing off against those that won last year. IF the Connie can't eliminate the Cutlass Black, I'm all in on the Titan because the Black doesn't deserve more benefits than it has already received during last years tournament. None of last years top 4 winners should have ever been allowed to re-enter this contest. I'll feel the same for this years final 4 as well next year because there are plenty of vehicle options to promote including both the Cutlass Red & Blue for those Drake fans.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The cutlass black will win, because the Connie is a joke at the moment, The shield system replacement came off the roadmap on May 8, 2020 and has not come back on. Without this, the shield holes make the Connie an easy target, and not the “space superiority freighter” that was promised. it also handles much worse than many much larger ships. Heck, the Carrack and the 600i handle better, and the 890 seems to handle better as well. It doesn’t need to be Sabre like, or even freelancer like, but it should be much more maneuverable than it is, with a far stronger hull.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Looks like teh Cutlass win the match easily with almost 3000 more vote...

Now is the titan showdown... and if it keep up the speed it start with I think we already have the winner: 30' in and it already get 3 times more vote of the Reliant..

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Original post updated! The Black put the Andromidas lights out, the Drake proving that reliable function and a firm following triumps a longer list of fitted features including a toilet!

Today, Round 1 bout 6 of 8, the Avenger Titan and the Reliant Kore - Can the modern Alien tech inspired sliver that is the Reliant Kore rival the Avenger, a hull which has stood the test of time and continues to be a ship relied upon by citizens and security forces alike!

Forgot your password?