Ship Talk Blog - Updates and Future Discussions

Continue Ship Talk after Aurora + Variants?

• Yes

Votes: 24 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
As stated previously above the next Ship Talk will be on the current haulers we have available. Hull C will NOT be part of this Talk due to the fact that it is still in concept and the current stats on the RSI site are placeholders and could give a very wrong picture. It has been said that all 4 Hull series ships are being done at once so when they are revealed then expect a Talk focused on them.

For the Vanguard I expect to put up a Mini-Talk this weekend after the sale goes live and then incorporate it into a future Talk of some kind in the future. I don't know what form that will take but it'll be fun to read.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Ugh, did some more writing tonight and still working on the Structural part. I'm not doing 8 ships again if I can help it. Too much information to play with and write about in one sitting. May separate this Talk into 2 parts or something so i can give everything the attention it deserves and not rush it. If its not up until Saturday or something you know why.

On the Vanguard I plan to do a 'Mini-Talk' on it and give my thoughts probably Saturday or Sunday. I plan on getting one myself if the pictures and stats look good but I'm on the fence right now with this one.

KegMeister

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 21, 2015
RSI Handle
KegMeister
Writing has begun on Ship Talk #3! Careful consultations with a magic 8 ball say that I'm headed in the right direction by watching Archer and listening to Poison.
You can't go wrong with Archer, right? I swear to God I had something for this.....Danger Zone!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME, CLOCKMASTER!
I had to go rescue dad when the hot rod decided that the fuel filter didn't want to let anything through anymore. First we thought it was the fuel pump so we replaced that and that took 30 minutes to go get one and come back and replace but it still wouldn't start etc etc so by means of taking hoses off and finding out where the gas was we found out the fuel filter was the problem.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
More Updates:

As promised the Hauler Cargo Ships talk will be up this Friday. Aurora CL, Constellation Taurus, Freelancer MAX, Starfarer, Caterpillar, and the Banu MM will be talked about. The Hull series will be done when it goes on sale.

Future:

1. Cutlass + Variants
2. Constellation + Variants
3. Mustang + Variants
4. Freelancer + Variants

If there are any concept sales in there expect a Ship Talk Commentary(STC) to also be written and posted but these are the Talks I'm looking at having after this week. Should be good but subject to change of course and if anyone has any ideas for a Talk please post them.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Sunder, a minor suggestion. Check out Greyheadedgamers video on the Freelancer and Freelancer MAX's cargo capacity, it is way out of wack with the stat page ATM.
Thanks for the tip, will revise upon watching.

-Edit-

Watched the video. wow, just wow. This throws capacity way off. I can see it working in the MAX, kinda but the Taurus? No.....

Will make some changes to my Talk before I post it today but this has given me a new perspective.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?