Shit new applicants are saying

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Whether that's the top 5% or bottom 5%...? Erm... I don't think anyone has ever asked...?
I don't think it matters ... when I was in college we used the words "Skunge" and "Lurg" to describe the stuff that collects at the top and bottom of a sink full of dirty dishes that had sat in the water for more than 24 hours.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't think it matters ... when I was in college we used the words "Skunge" and "Lurg" to describe the stuff that collects at the top and bottom of a sink full of dirty dishes that had sat in the water for more than 24 hours.
A sage observation indeed!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The first guy might really love to use his in-game name.

Second guy, well it's kind of scarry to use the term tech demo once you start the alpha cycles... unless your POC was faked... which might actually be true.

Disclaimer: I'm kind of salty with CIG at the moment. Easy Anti-Cheat is being suspiciously difficult.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Welcome newbies, you want people, TEST got people!

For the GLORY of TEST!

Disclaimer: I'm kind of salty with CIG at the moment. Easy Anti-Cheat is being suspiciously difficult.
Yep, makes it easy to blame all newly noticed issues on though. For me before EAC the game worked (enough), now it's not loading in textures for signs so I can't tell which stinkin' sky bus I'm jumping on at Orison. Was it EAC? Was it just this new patch? I've deleted my user folder which usually fixes everything and nothing has improved, so I'm blaming the new headline software.

Plus I landed at Olisar wearing a medical gown, logged out and now I log back in and I'm inside Olisar in a medical gown with no way to get to the ship on the pad. Buy an under-suit and helmet? If Olisar has a mission I can do inside Olisar to get the creds to buy them, I'll buy them.

I mean I could use one I already own but I've already lost the default under-suit and helmet I spawned with originally and no way am I losing any of the stuff I actually like.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I mean I could use one I already own but I've already lost the default under-suit and helmet I spawned with originally and no way am I losing any of the stuff I actually like.
Hm. If you do walk outside with your medical gown on, you should die... and that should spawn you in a medical center (I think) with a white freebie suit available (maybe). I mean it can't be worse than being 20 meters from your ship and no way to get there.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hm. If you do walk outside with your medical gown on, you should die... and that should spawn you in a medical center (I think) with a white freebie suit available (maybe). I mean it can't be worse than being 20 meters from your ship and no way to get there.
I'll give that a try. Just sucks my ship will be on Oli so if I was a new backer with only a starter ship I'd be screwed either way and have to go begging for a lift in F12 which isn't a guarentee. I think they need some local on station/on landing zone busywork missions to be able to scratch together enough UEC to buy a suit and rent a ship. It's a dead-end otherwise.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?