Show off your rig!

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
OK,IinstalledSteamOSontoaHDDonmyoldrig.....and_I_guess_the_space_bar_doesn't_work...anyways...and_put_it_in_my_desktop(they_are_both_AMD_and_its_Linux_based_so_no_issues)_and_it_runs_great....other_than_the_spacebar......so_it_looks_like_I_need_a_new_SSD.

Dethsause

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Dethsause
I just built my Rig and it's glorious.

I upgraded from....

Case: CM Storm Trooper
PS: RAIDMAX RX 850 80+ Gold
MoBo: MSI Z77A-GD65
CPU: Intel i5-3770k @4.6 Ghz
RAM: 4 x 4Gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1866mhz
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256 Gb
HDD: 4x 1.5 Tb WD HDD Raid 5
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
upload_2016-2-20_16-20-44.png

To....

Case: Rosewill Thor V2
PS: Thermaltake 850w 80+ Gold
MoBo: Asus ROG Maximus VIII HERO
CPU: Intel i7-6770k @ 4.2 Ghz (auto overclocking)
RAM: 4 x 8Gb Cosar Vengeance® LPX 3000 Mhz
SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2
HDD: 2 x Toshiba 2Tb
GPU: 2 x Zotac GTX 970s SLIed

upload_2016-2-20_16-19-11.png

Reactions: Unshaven

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Well boys, here's the newbie. Sidegraded for better power efficiency and much lower temps. Will post details when she's fully up and running

Reactions: Unshaven

dethos

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Helphyre
So here is my New Rig and some Pics of my studio:
New Gaming Rig

Intel i7-5930K LGA 2011-V3, MSI X99S SLI Plus M/B, Corsair AX1200i watt ATX P/S, EVGA 980 Ti FTW 6GB ACX 2.0, Asus 16X DVD+RW/12X BD Reader Drive, Corsair H110i GT CPU Water cooler, Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 2800 C16 (Red), Samsung 850 EVO M.2 500 GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, Western Digital Black 4 TB HDD, Western Digital Black 1 TB HDD (System Drive), Fractal Design Define R5 ATX Case(Windowed), Acer Predator 34" 21x9 100 hz refresh rate Monitor. and my New EVODesk Sit/Stand

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Use the water, Luke!!!
water.jpg

Reactions: dethos

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli

Finally got my new rig built :)
  • Case - Fractal Design Define S
  • Mobo - MSI Z170A Gaming M5
  • Ram - 16 gb G.Skill Ripjaws
  • CPU - Intel i5 6600K
  • Cooler - CryoRig H7
  • GPU - MSI R9 390 Gaming 8gb
  • Pwr - EVGA SuperNova 750W G2
  • HDD - WD Blue 1TB 7200 rpm
  • COMING SOON - Dual SSD's
Dat heatsink man!

Built my new system over the weekend!

Desk shot:

Pic using flash (to show detail):

Pic w/o flash (featuring: glare/reflections!):
I'm in love with your cable management. Mine is atrocious!

Reactions: Takran and dethos

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz
Dat heatsink man!

Yeah. I did it like that because airflow out of the back was not good w/ the desk i was using. I plan to spin it the other way now that i've moved and have a better front to back airflow setup. I put 2 fans in the top shortly after the pic was taken.

Takran

Admiral
Feb 8, 2016
RSI Handle
TakranG
I'm in love with your cable management. Mine is atrocious!
Hah, thanks. My last build was a bit awful, and I was intent on this build being as clean as possible. Solid cable management was definitely a big factor in my choice of case.

OverDhill

Ensign
Apr 17, 2016
RSI Handle
OverDhill
I posted some of this in the Introducce Yourself section but figured this thread was more appropriate

I have been reworking my simpit for Star Citizen. Still a work in progress

My simpit is custom built and not from a kit. It consists of the following:

1 - Asus Sabertooth Motherboard
1- EVGA Nvidia 980 Superclocked GPU
1 - Intel i7-3770K CPU
2 - GP-Wiz40 MAX USB Compatible Input Interface cards
1 - BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board
32 - Momentary push button with lights off Ebay
4 - Mushroom panic buttons off Ebay
6 - Potentiometers for Axis controls
1 - Wood for frame and work areas
1 - PVC pipe frame custom designed
1 - Thrustmaster Warthog Stick and Throttle
2 - Thrustmaster MFDs
1 - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals
1 - Custom made throttle extenstion for Warthog
1 - 39" HD Monitor
1 - 19" 4:3 Monitor
1 - Logitech keyboard and mouse
1 - TrackIR Head tracking system
1 - Custom hard card stock label templates (for each sim)

The custom controller is built from an old Ch products Pro Throttle handle with a mini joystick added to it. The two analog axis from the mini joystick are wired to my BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board and the buttons and main joystick are wired to one of my GP-Wiz40 MAX USB Compatible Input Interface cards

This was recently added to handle the strafing for Star Citizen as well as Descent Underground which both have 6DOF movement. Also the stick slides onto a Zippyy Arcade and Fight Stick with an added teflon sleeve. This is used for the AWSD functions for the FPS part of the game (I have used one of these controllers on my desktop system for years for all the FPS'ers I play).

For many flight sims you can extract and display gauges with Helios software by creating custom profiles. Star Citizen does not currently have that ability so I just created a backdrop screen to use with the Thrusmaster MFD's as well as some popup help screens. I am looking at what else I could add down the road.

This is the new custom controller built from an old Ch products Pro Throttle handle with a custom mini joystick. The two analog axis are wired to my BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board and the buttons and main joystick are wired to one of my GP-Wiz40 MAX USB Compatible Input Interface cards.

I also added a custom Helios screen for my second monitor to be used with the two Thrustmaster MFD's

Newly added popup screen for HOTAS control help during game

Hard Card Stock Overlay Templates

Backside of one of the panels

Example of what you can do with extracted gauges. Hopefully someday Star Citizen will have this ability

Freespace 2 Open which is one of the best space combat games of all times and still has an active modding community

Well I finally got around to adding the tactile transducer and amp to my simpit. I have to say it is awesome and adds a lot of immersion to the game. I decided on a Dayton Audio SA100 100W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier and AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducer from PartsExpress.com

The AuraSound is mounted on the bottom side of my Steelcase Computer chair I picked up at a going out of business sale from a small company local to me. It is a $700 chair as these are the ones we used at work. Never going to wear out. I got it for a steal.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
My computer- works. But my setup, currently is this:
View: https://imgur.com/a/DBbUn

I am currently building a full cockpit based loosely on the Saber cockpit, but for general use, complete with separate 7" LCDs, and a second computer (old Asus laptop with touch screen) just to handle communications (team speak, discord, mumble) and the star map or other things I don't want cluttering the gaming machiene. The computers will be housed into the cockpit and the entire thing wil be 3, easily moveable parts that are self contained. I will have a total of 4 leo bodnar boards (128 inputs) with backlit panels, 2 cougar MFD's, and an incoming X56 which should arrive in June. Surround sound will be built into the cockpit as well. I started construction last week. Pictures will follow.

The one thing that I want to do, but I have no idea how, is to take the graphics from the cockpit screens in-game and move them to the individual screens in my cockpit. Anyone have any experience or suggestions on this?

kyle

Commander
Donor
Apr 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Hardstyler780
since im new and finally have a place to show it off heres my rig i recently had built!

Case: NZXT 440h razer edition
Processor: i7 4790 3.6ghz
RAM: kingston hyperx fury 4X4gb
mb: asus h97m-e/c sm
Video: asus geforce GTX 980 STRIX 4gb
harddrive: samsung 850 evo 500gb

Forgot your password?