So I had a thought (Mines?)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My cat typed the following:

"gfttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttth,. ↓←yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyv,....iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii bkbl.ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo;'/?oy"

Can't say it clearer than that, i suppose.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
She came back and added:

";llllllllllwsb nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””"

Well... It is pretty clear she really likes this idea.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
My cat typed the following:

"gfttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttth,. ↓←yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyv,....iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii bkbl.ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo;'/?oy"

Can't say it clearer than that, i suppose.
Well, I guess if you look at it that way, it might work. I particularly like the part where she says "CIG should begin working on mines of different types right meow! This could open up exciting new avenues of gameplay, not right meow, but in the future! They should make mines that are set off in different ways, but can be defused using tools of varying complexity. In other words, you shouldn't be able to exit your ship, EVA over to a mine and hit the "F" key and presto, the mine is safe like some kind of comm array! It should be a complex procedure with a good chance of the mine blowing your whiskers off like some kind of hairball from hell! We could even create a new occupation! EOD(Explosive Ordnance Disposal), and they could use space cats to detect the mines!(c'mon meow, everyone knows cats are better at this kind of stuff than dogs!)Well, that's all I got for meow, GET TO WORK, STUPID HUMANS! AND FEED ME RIGHT MEOW!" For the record, I do not speak cat. Google TranslateTM is awesome.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
She came back and added:

";llllllllllwsb nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””"

Well... It is pretty clear she really likes this idea.
If I have the translation correct she said... I took a crap in your laundry basket as she needs to prepare you for learning how to mine sweep by dropping bombs on you.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Yeah, I can see that sucking up a ton of memory or bandwidth or some other computer thingy I don't understand.

They'd have to have timers on them for sure. Something so they expire/detonate after x amount of time.
Because in the future we are conscientious of the fact that small children will later play in the space we were not so long ago killing each other in. Tiny space babies. Who don't want to step on mines while playing soccer. Tiny space Vanduul babies, because they're definitely going to win the war.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Because in the future we are conscientious of the fact that small children will later play in the space we were not so long ago killing each other in. Tiny space babies. Who don't want to step on mines while playing soccer. Tiny space Vanduul babies, because they're definitely going to win the war.
We will be to drunk to win the war.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Precisely. Think of the space babies

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, I guess if you look at it that way, it might work. I particularly like the part where she says "CIG should begin working on mines of different types right meow! This could open up exciting new avenues of gameplay, not right meow, but in the future! They should make mines that are set off in different ways, but can be defused using tools of varying complexity. In other words, you shouldn't be able to exit your ship, EVA over to a mine and hit the "F" key and presto, the mine is safe like some kind of comm array! It should be a complex procedure with a good chance of the mine blowing your whiskers off like some kind of hairball from hell! We could even create a new occupation! EOD(Explosive Ordnance Disposal), and they could use space cats to detect the mines!(c'mon meow, everyone knows cats are better at this kind of stuff than dogs!)Well, that's all I got for meow, GET TO WORK, STUPID HUMANS! AND FEED ME RIGHT MEOW!" For the record, I do not speak cat. Google TranslateTM is awesome.
Uncanny translation! Especially the GET TO WORK, STUPID HUMANS! AND FEED ME RIGHT MEOW!

If I have the translation correct she said... I took a crap in your laundry basket as she needs to prepare you for learning how to mine sweep by dropping bombs on you.
That does sound about right... It explains her tactic of stepping in it and treading it round the house too, that would be showing me how to lay a mine field...

Biological warfare I swear.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Mines are quite a logical weopon, pretty much only really used to prevent passage somewhere. There might be good roleplaying things around it to like spying for the known "safe to our side route" and things like that. I am however totally against any more stuff creep which isn't needed since delivery timescales are so large already. Do they add enough to make them worth adding? Well like all new ship concepts the answer is no!

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Mines are quite a logical weopon, pretty much only really used to prevent passage somewhere. There might be good roleplaying things around it to like spying for the known "safe to our side route" and things like that. I am however totally against any more stuff creep which isn't needed since delivery timescales are so large already. Do they add enough to make them worth adding? Well like all new ship concepts the answer is no!
I'm thinking mines should be about as big as some ships. Used to limit big bastards from places. Propelled at greasy speed. Asteroids with rockets on them, etc. Likes what them dang bugs used on Buenos Aries

SneakyPete

Captain
Donor
Feb 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Wolfpack9
After being on the clearing and proofing end, I hate mines. You are correct in that they Canalize, Deter, Deny, Delay and Disrupt movement in a desired operational environment.

If you lay the minefield you map it , and when no longer needed you pick them back up.Unless it has an AHD then it's a BIP.We used to use an AHD in a 1-5 ratio on AT mines. If it is laid with a Volcano or MOPMMS than that's a big area to BIP with a series of MICLIC's and then you have to still proof the lane/area.
If you need any consultations I will be at an unnamed space bar getting piss drunk forgetting more about mines. Mines? yep, yours you can keep them.

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
The more we discuss this the more I want it. For balance they could all be shot down once detected and targeted, but a dedicated mine-sweeper ship could disable and collect them to be Re-used, Re-sold, or scrapped for some coin. Adding a nice little way to play by literally raiding a minefield, this would probably upset some people who would want to shoot you down for stealing their hard work lol
That would be awesome! Make a living ninja vacuuming pirates' mines!

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
After being on the clearing and proofing end, I hate mines. You are correct in that they Canalize, Deter, Deny, Delay and Disrupt movement in a desired operational environment.

If you lay the minefield you map it , and when no longer needed you pick them back up.Unless it has an AHD then it's a BIP.We used to use an AHD in a 1-5 ratio on AT mines. If it is laid with a Volcano or MOPMMS than that's a big area to BIP with a series of MICLIC's and then you have to still proof the lane/area.
If you need any consultations I will be at an unnamed space bar getting piss drunk forgetting more about mines. Mines? yep, yours you can keep them.
So you have experience with mines. Thank you for volunteering for the position of Test Mine Aficionado. Our mines are in your hands.

Forgot your password?