Some Xplor Drama (also "TEST not good for the community as a whole")

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
[CONCERN]
No new drama?
I am really gald this happened in Alpha where litterally nothing matters. It could have totally put me off the whole PU part of the game.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
LMAO I started likeing... And then I saw the date.... NOW I LIKE IT EVEN MOAR!
Yeah, I thought I recognized the thread, but events like these happen so often that I figured it was something new.

I guess they were successful in preventing xplor from collapsing. Or something...

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Xplor is I dunno.. remember I was affiliate and they kicked me for some stupid shit that was outside of the ORG activity (a mod got butt hurt at me for blocking him on facebook after a personal argument so he had me kicked.. it's a stupid story). Original Xplor peeps with community respect left with their band of merry men. And so I'm like, if some mod is gonna abuse his mod privilege that much, and current Xplor staff lets it happen... then the ORG is not worth being even affiliated with. If it we me managing, I'd reprimand the mod for misbehaving and tell him to leave the guy alone and no retaliation for the reprimand or you're no longer modding... period.. issue closed. The ORG tries to be "professional" but that kind of behavior is high school amateur hour. Not ONE Test mod is that immature, all of them I've chatted with is chill, funny, laid back most of the time. I've never seen a mod take a personal problem with another Testie spill it over into discord resulting in banning the Testie. In around 2 years of lurking and interacting, not once. I've heard about some people getting "removed".. due to shady behavior (user poaching on ORG events) and stuff like that.. but that's what community self regulation is about.
Anyway... that's my 2nd cents on the state of Xplor and the massive mod behavioral difference between them and us. It's just over 5000% better over here.

Also +like for this necro, well done! lol

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Howdy All

So I'm AllenDeGray, the one who made the comment about TEST not being good for the community as a whole.

I can't really comment on everything so far, but I do want to apologies for my comment specifically calling TEST not being good for the community as a whole. I made the statement under false assumptions of the organization without really making the effort to get to know it better, so I deserve all the backlash it'll get.
I know that I'm late to reply on this thread as well as to this particular comment. So I'll keep things simple.

Welcome to TEST Squadron & if you truly feel that you deserve backlash from making a comment that wasn't right, you are more than welcome to buy a round of drinks for those TEST Squadron members you meet. I'm pretty sure most of them won't mind too terribly. Cheers!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I know that I'm late to reply on this thread as well as to this particular comment. So I'll keep things simple.

Welcome to TEST Squadron & if you truly feel that you deserve backlash from making a comment that wasn't right, you are more than welcome to buy a round of drinks for those TEST Squadron members you meet. I'm pretty sure most of them won't mind too terribly. Cheers!
Mo beer

Forgot your password?