Other Star Citizen Trainers

Grimm

Commander
Mar 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimm
Hey Testies large and small....

I have been around in SC since Nov 2012 and played a minimum of 3 days a week since the beginning... Needless to say I am familiar with the game and all it's eccentricities, controls, bugs, layout and ships. I love this game and enjoy introducing it to new people, but as I am sure you are aware, there is a steep learning curve to this game and it can be somewhat off putting if you have noone to show you the ropes...

For this reason, I am proposing putting together a team of testy trainers that are willing to be patient, know the game well, are in Discord fairly regularly and enjoy teaching new pilots how not to crash. If anyone is interested, please pop me a message and I will list all Trainers on this page so new pilots know who to contact when they start off.

For those of you who want to share your expertise to improve Test Squadron as a whole, please provide me with your Forum Name, Star Citizen Handle and areas of expertise.

For those of you who need to get a crash course in flying, shooting and running away in Star Citizen, feel free to grab any one of the trainers listed below. We will be happy to answer all of your questions.

Happy flying!

P.S. I am also happy to help people with creating Voice Attack profiles and macros, as well as ROCCAT Powergrid profiles and macros... If you haven't heard of these, do yourself a favour and check them out!

Current Testy Trainers:

Grimm
Specialties: M&K Control Ideas (not default keys), Voice Attack, ROCCAT Powergrid, Crusader Map
CosmicTrader
Specialties: Voice Attack, Knowledge of SC Dev, Ship Purchases, Website
Daethwing188
Specialties: Dual Joystick setup, Voice Attack setup, and Voice Attack Profile editing.
Rolokipp
Specialties: Dual stick flight mentor and target drone, with a focus on non-combat missions
Marcsand2
Specialties: Combat Fighter or dogfighter, single seater
GrifinGamingRPG
Specialties:
1. What is STAR CITIZEN? (overview)
2. Flight Basics

3. Use of StarMap
4. Voice Attack (set-up & use)

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I believe something like this tried to start up once, but it was a large scale training exercise and hasn't met since.

But I'd be happy to get some pointers as I crash my ship attempting to take off! (I'm serious)

I also suck at loading out my ships.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have a big quarrel with my mic, so I'm not very (meaning almost nihil) active on discord . I noticed that yesterday when testing VoiceAttack. I also am a newby in Star Citizen since I started flying Februari the 28th 2016, I still have allot to learn, but almost all of my active time in SC I used to learn fighting Vanduuls Swarms Coop.
Maybe I can be of some use as trainer.

Reactions: Blind Owl

WarCastle

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
WarCastle
I would really love an opportunity to get some training. So far, it has been very challenging to kill pirates! Also, I am not sure what this game really is aside from Port Olisar, Comm Arrays, Yela Asteroid Belt and a first person shooter area where nobody ever is. After looking at some stuff on this site, I see there are maps showing all kinds of areas which I didn't know were in the game?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
First you need to get your control good for you, second manoeuvring, strafe and boost, very important for evasive actions while keep firing on your target, third loadout, since you are starting I would suggest M3A, CF117, CF227, fourth aiming, try some zoom, it will help.
If you really want to improve your dogfighting but still have problems with pirates, then start with the Vanduul swarms. Until wave 13 you will get allot of target practice, from wave 13 and further you will meet missiles ;)
Which ship do you fly, which controls do you use?

Reactions: Rolo and Blind Owl

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
I would really love an opportunity to get some training. So far, it has been very challenging to kill pirates! Also, I am not sure what this game really is aside from Port Olisar, Comm Arrays, Yela Asteroid Belt and a first person shooter area where nobody ever is. After looking at some stuff on this site, I see there are maps showing all kinds of areas which I didn't know were in the game?
My handle is rolokipp. Anyone need a bit o' mentoring in game, and ya see me, give a shout.
I will specialize in repair and modding, search & rescue and exploring at release.
Until then, I do most things, but am weak, and only luke-warm toward, FPS.
So if you see me and would like a grumpy old man to give you some tips (or just a crazy fast friendly target to try (HAH!) to hit, get my attention.
Odds are I'm just testing a different ship against the ICC missions, anyway :-P
IOW, Grimm, Put me down as dual stick flight mentor and target drone, with a focus on non-combat missions, if you wish.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
New TESTie Flight Tool

Mouse & Keyboard TESTies - This is a MUST. (for 2.4.1 keybindings).

Courtesy of: @mammon
https://testsquadron.com/threads/new-testie-flight-tool.7621/

Please Upvote.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/deep-space-radar/1363-New-TESTie-Flight-Tool

TESTIMONIAL of CosmicTrader:

I fly with Gimbal Locked and don't how I ever got on without it.

Press & Hold a key and you are in Gimbal Lock mode so you can move the Mouse a little and catch the Bad Guy. Release the key and you are back in Gimbal Lock Mode for a more precise kill.
(This is much better than moving the Mouse to the edge of the pad-picking it up-slamming it down and repeating).

I highly recommend this small program for M&K user. (Anyone might like it however)
Thank you @MammonLord

Last edited:

Grimm

Commander
Mar 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimm
Hey guys, apologies for the dissapearance, was in hospital with bronchitus which made my asthma go mental.. back now, will be on discord pretty much daily... feel free to add me as a friend and message me direct with questions, ill help where i can... Discord handle: Grimm#9328

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Voice Attack info:

If you make your own Profile , as I do, and would like to replace to Default Windows (7/81/10) voice, then you can purchase a Profession voice here:

IVONA
http://www.deskshare.com/text-to-speech-voices.aspx

1. Chose the voice you prefer.
2. Purchase/Download/Install
3. Register it
4. Install into the Windows operating system. (Simple instructions provided)
5. Set Windows to use this voice as the Default. (Simple instructions provided)

Now any time you program your Profile, to have it respond by 'saying' some text that you wrote for it, it will be spoken in the new Default Windows voice which YOU chose.

TESTIMONIAL of CosmicTrader:
I have been using the Amy voice for 2 years now and love it.
The Default Windows voice is horrible and these are very professional.

VERY IMPORTANT: Voice/Profile Packs such as the HSC Packs DO NOT use the windows voice as they contain Prerecorded MP3 files. Therefore this is not needed.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Hey guys, apologies for the dissapearance, was in hospital with bronchitus which made my asthma go mental.. back now, will be on discord pretty much daily... feel free to add me as a friend and message me direct with questions, ill help where i can... Discord handle: Grimm#9328
Very sorry to hear about the Bronchitus but am pleased that you are feeling better.

Also, you may add me as a friend and message if you wish.
CosmicTrader#4387
I will be happy to meet you in the Flight School channel.

WarCastle

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
WarCastle
Wow, thanks guys! I will definitely reach out to you next time I'm online. I have been playing with a RL friend and was able to kill some pirates using his ship with his gimbal cannon. He tried out my origin jumpworks 325a and I think it has some single shot laser thing attached to the front gimbal...so far haven't been able to hit anything with that. See you out there...

Forgot your password?