Other Star Citizen Trainers

Grimm

Commander
Mar 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimm
Hey everyone...

I was thinking of doing dedicated training evenings for newbies, intermediate and experienced pilots. Maybe do sessions dedicated to specific aspects like dog fighting, voice attack profiles etc where multiple people can all learn at the same time and get to meet each other in game.

What do you guys think? Feel free to chime in with ideas and comments...

If you keen, pop a comment on which discipline you need the most help with and we can start with the most requested.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hey everyone...

I was thinking of doing dedicated training evenings for newbies, intermediate and experienced pilots. Maybe do sessions dedicated to specific aspects like dog fighting, voice attack profiles etc where multiple people can all learn at the same time and get to meet each other in game.

What do you guys think? Feel free to chime in with ideas and comments...
If you have the interest, I say go for it.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
@Grimm, is it possible to use mouse positions in Powergrid macros? I searched in google, there was a mention of it at the Powergrid forum, it should be possible with the Powergrid SDK, but I didn't find anything useful in the SDK :(

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimm

Commander
Mar 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimm
@Grimm, is it possible to use mouse positions in Powergrid macros? I searched in google, there was a mention of it at the Powergrid forum, it should be possible with the Powergrid SDK, but I didn't find anything useful in the SDK :(
Not that I am aware of, and if there is it wont be well supported, the macros in ROCCAT can be very tricky to work with. If you want EXCELLENT mouse macros support, might I suggest you try voice attack. Theirs is the best I have ever encountered, simple to use and way easier to understand and get right.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Not that I am aware of, and if there is it wont be well supported, the macros in ROCCAT can be very tricky to work with. If you want EXCELLENT mouse macros support, might I suggest you try voice attack. Theirs is the best I have ever encountered, simple to use and way easier to understand and get right.
I tried the VoiceAttack and came to the conclusion that I'm not compatible with VoiceAttack. That is why I'm looking for other options to replicate the VoiceAttack macros ;)

Grimm

Commander
Mar 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimm
There are not very many mouse macro system, i have worked with some before and VA trumps them all in a heart beat. Next time I am online, grab me and I will show you the ropes. I have done a few mouse macros using voice attack to automate work stuff and itr has never let me down.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The macros aren't the problem with voice attack, I really have a hard time letting voice attack understand me while I'm speaking calm. In combat I'm not calm and can't afford the distraction to concentrate on voiceattack understand me. In multi player game I think that voice chat / discord will be important. This could conflict with VoiceAttack
I had 2 alternatives for the macros, Powergrid which looks nice and G13. I first will check out G13 :). Thanks for the fast reply

Grimm

Commander
Mar 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimm
The macros aren't the problem with voice attack, I really have a hard time letting voice attack understand me while I'm speaking calm. In combat I'm not calm and can't afford the distraction to concentrate on voiceattack understand me. In multi player game I think that voice chat / discord will be important. This could conflict with VoiceAttack
I had 2 alternatives for the macros, Powergrid which looks nice and G13. I first will check out G13 :). Thanks for the fast reply
You can specify if you want voice to activate or a button combo in VA - forget voice, check settings, its in there

Grimm

Commander
Mar 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimm
T

Thanks allot!!! That is a very usefull tip :)
My pleasure :) I was thinlking of using ROCCAT touch screen buttons to trigger a complex key command like CTRL + SHIFT + RIGHT ALT + F2 that triggers a macro on voice attacks that executes in SC :)

I will let you know if it works when I do it...

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Marc i would be highly interested to know how your g13 profile looks like, as i also own one and i mostly use for for fps/eva but having nice flight mode macros would make it happy i'm sure.
follow the following reply (press the up-arrow at the right of "marcsand2 said:")
I did it with my G13.

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
I'll need all the help I can get.
x52 HOTAS
Voice Attack using CEDAR (I have ASTRA, but it doesn't seem as "smart").

Also could use some help getting rid of this criminal status, kind of getting trolled trying to get missions done and earn the currency.

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
i could help some people with advanced flight courses, especially on race courses like old vandevall. for example when / when not to use afterburner and boost, how to efficiently turn, how to avoid crashing at high speeds, how to land 60% - 70% of your shots on target and how to avoid fur-balling / dog-fighting circles

count me in

WingCmdr_Goose

Grand Admiral
Jun 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Vault_Dweller
Awesome idea, as an upcoming Star Citizen first time flyer i will be looking forward to some advice and help. I will be using dual joystick so ill need help setting that up and eventually i will be using HCS voice attack so ill need help with that as well. im hoping eventually an official first time TESTie flyer course will be setup with planned out lessons lol and advanced courses for those ready to move on to the next level. that would be awesome. of course it would take dedicated teachers willing to set up such a program. "TEST Squadron School for Sober Flyers" lol

LTGenFalcon

Captain
Nov 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Lt.GenFALCON
I'm a user of Roccat PowerGrid, i'm also a user of the Thrustmaster T16000m FCS HOTAS... But i like to know more about PowerGrid and hopefully somebody made some usefull templates and like to share them. Regarding the Thrustmaster T16000m FCS HOTAS, are there setup-files available?

Please, i like to know ;-)

Forgot your password?