Star Marine and 2.6

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
So a system like Leir with 7 wormholes, you can't just quantum travel between, but have to spend significant portions of time? And what is the requirement for quantum travel? Does there need to be a beacon to lock onto or some such?
You can quantum anywhere, but crossing a whole system will take 10 minutes of quantum travel.

In the baby PU we only have one planet. It still takes 20-30 seconds for the farther destinations.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
But who wants to lallygag for hours and hours in a turret, while the captain is cruising through space, hearing some spheric space music, and the action parameter is at 0,0% at least for an hour (plus)...?
No one. No one at all. ;)
On the larger ships there will be things to do while traveling.

I would think you won't travel in the turret, but instead run for your assigned spot when the Captain signals "Red alert"
This. Especially if you're exploring a system for the first time. Or other non-battle related tasks.

One thought though: are those same people manning those stations the ones who'll be on the turrets? Because it occurs to me that we may want people on both...

Reactions: AstroSam

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's a few seconds to go from Crusader to its Moon. But it'll be around 10-15 minutes to cross a system. Longer if you encounter trouble.

Multi-system travel could take hours.
They have said before it is not going to be realistic travelling time based on the massive distances in actually life. They want to avoid Elite Dangerous syndrome where it can take you 30 minutes just to travel from a sun to an outer planet. This game needs to be faster paced and less boaring than Elite - so I think they will accelerate wormhole travel, and internal system travel to be fairly fast and fluid, maybe 10 minutes to get somewhere?

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
They have said before it is not going to be realistic travelling time based on the massive distances in actually life. They want to avoid Elite Dangerous syndrome where it can take you 30 minutes just to travel from a sun to an outer planet. This game needs to be faster paced and less boaring than Elite - so I think they will accelerate wormhole travel, and internal system travel to be fairly fast and fluid, maybe 10 minutes to get somewhere?
I think they said to compensate and keep things realistic that time itself will be moving faster.

Forgot your password?