Starfield - Discussion Thread

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Just watched Morphologis vid. Hmm does look like it would be worth a buy!

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
So pumped for this, just in time for my days off too. Intentionally stayed away from info, like BG3, going in blind.
Remember: keep your expectations low
Game trailers and demonstrations rarely show the true these days

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
nvidia-starfield-game-ready-drivers-featured.jpg

Nvidia GPU owners, update your driver to version 537.13 released on August 22
The driver is "Game Ready" for Starfield.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just quickly scrubbed through Morphologis review on YouTube and the game looks and performs as I expected.
I will probably need to apply some ReShade shaders though, as it looks washed out and too bright for me, the same as Fallout 76 hhaha : )

Morphologis spoiler-free review:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Watched some of my fave streamers play the first hour or two but they are not SC peeps. Game plays as I expected, looks decent, can't wait to jump in later, the only issue I I had with all the footage was that it had the same color grading as fallout4/76.

What's the grander community saying, is SC dead, obliterated and utterly destroyed by Starfield yet? 😆

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Watched some of my fave streamers play the first hour or two but they are not SC peeps. Game plays as I expected, looks decent, can't wait to jump in later, the only issue I I had with all the footage was that it had the same color grading as fallout4/76.
Yep, image is washed out and very bright and it has a yellow tint, as in Fallout; ReShade is mandatory.

What's the grander community saying, is SC dead, obliterated and utterly destroyed by Starfield yet?
No no... -- Starfield is a single player space-themed RPG, while Star Citizen is a multiplayer space simulation.

The first one allows you to interact with almost everything. You can pick up tons of stuff which you can use, eat, use for crafting, or sell. It allows you to modify your spacecraft, steal NPC ships and use or sell them, etc. It's a beautiful RPG, full of missions, weapons, scanners and locked loot crates you need to break into.

The other one allows to wake up in your hab, walk to the space port, board one of your ships and fly to the orbit, all seamlessly, with no loading screens. While on the orbit, you can see other player's ship or ground vehicle on the surface -- that's something you would never experience in Starfield.

Last edited:

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
All right, 6 hours into the game!
The Universe is beautiful, except for the New Atlantis which is very underwhelming; it looks better at night, but still.

All outposts, orbital stations and large cities are very, very cool... I reached Cydonia, a large mining settlement on Mars, and I love it.
I am now sure I will be playing Starfield for the next 5-6 months until SC 4.0 is released (assuming there are no delays).

Photo_2023-09-01-161220.png

Photo_2023-09-01-161503.png

20230901160643_1.jpg

Photo_2023-09-01-155855.png

20230901143221_1.jpg

20230901145045_1.jpg

Photo_2023-09-01-144137.png

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Oh well, by Sunday I get out of the hospital. (Gallbladder for the win!)
Then one week sick-leave at least.
I'm soooo going to sick myself onto that game until I grow sick of it.
:glorious:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Oh well, by Sunday I get out of the hospital. (Gallbladder for the win!)
Then one week sick-leave at least.
I'm soooo going to sick myself onto that game until I grow sick of it.
:glorious:
Sorry to hear about your gallbladder issues. Just take the diet recommendations the doctors make seriously as it will help you transition

I will be getting into the game shortly as I just picked up my physical copy

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
All right, 6 hours into the game!
The Universe is beautiful, except for the New Atlantis which is very underwhelming; it looks better at night, but still.

All outposts, orbital stations and large cities are very, very cool... I reached Cydonia, a large mining settlement on Mars, and I love it.
I am now sure I will be playing Starfield for the next 5-6 months until SC 4.0 is released (assuming there are no delays).

View attachment 24837

View attachment 24842

View attachment 24843

View attachment 24840

View attachment 24845

View attachment 24844

View attachment 24846
WMK.
Are you playing KB&M, controller or HOTAS? i have seen mixed reviews about this?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
No no... -- Starfield is a single player space-themed RPG, while Star Citizen is a multiplayer space simulation.

The first one allows you to interact with almost everything. You can pick up tons of stuff which you can use, eat, use for crafting, or sell. It allows you to modify your spacecraft, steal NPC ships and use or sell them, etc. It's a beautiful RPG, full of missions, weapons, scanners and locked loot crates you need to break into.

The other one allows to wake up in your hab, walk to the space port, board one of your ships and fly to the orbit, all seamlessly, with no loading screens. While on the orbit, you can see other player's ship or ground vehicle on the surface -- that's something you would never experience in Starfield.
I know full well, said the same myself.
Yet we've had seen videos from every influencer, numerous threads here and on official cig forums and probably even game urinalist writeups about this topic. I was just wondering if any of you seen or heard from the greater gaming community, probably from outside SC circles, that the verdict is out, SC is dead becuase of Starfield yada yada... I jsut find it funny because of the obvious difference between the two titles and so on.

Anyways, funniest comment 've seen recently was a superchat on a stream of someone who has never spoke of or touched SC and usually streams niche (grand strat. and such) content.
The super said "even Star Citizen is more finished than this" regarding the inch deep nature of the game, especially the spaceflight, after the streamer struggled to refuel, because as it turns out the fuel guage is still there, but the refueling mechanic got removed before launch. Well, after not seeing any NPCs standing on desks watching 6 hours of gameplay, I'd say this a tiny bit more finished than SC :D

Thanks for the tip, I'll get Reshade going cos that filter makes the game look like a fallout4 mod. Which it is... but I don't want to be reminded of that.
After seeing gameplay I caved and bought the premium edition on steam. I know I'll put like a 100 hours into this anyways, no point in faffing about with the gamepass version.

• o7
Reactions: Bambooza and wmk

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
WMK.
Are you playing KB&M, controller or HOTAS? i have seen mixed reviews about this?
Kb&M. I had my joystick connected when I launched Starfield for the first time and it looks like the game didn't detect it at all -- does it support joysticks...?

Regardless, I think it would be useless anyway, as Starfield space flight gameplay is rather limited...

Forgot your password?