Steam is allow refund for NMS, No matter how many hours

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
We'll see if it goes through for me. I put about 3-4 hours into it, but the gameplay after you get off the first planet is just kinda... not.

EDIT: Refund confirmed. Hopefully they'll actually improve the game enough to make it worth repurchasing.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I only put a couple hours into the game so far. Haven't even left the first planet.

Explain to me, if you will, a couple things:
What's the big lie with this game?
Is there anything more to the game than resource grinding?

I hate to get a refund, as I like supporting smaller developers. But I could use the money elsewhere.

I feel really bad for Hello Games and that developer, Sean Murray. They put so much work into this.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
How do I get the refund? It's a "decent" game, but nothing like I thought it'd be. And I don't feel bad about not supporting the little guy cause he was a bastard and lied to everyone, showing the same damned demo to all media outlets.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
In Steam click on Help, go to Steam Support. No Man's Sky. It's not what I expected. And Request Refund.

I would stick it out, but that's $60 and I can think of other games that are MUCH better for that money. I may buy again if they add in the content they originally promised. But I'll be scrutinizing it very closely in that case.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
We'll see if it goes through for me. I put about 3-4 hours into it, but the gameplay after you get off the first planet is just kinda... not.

EDIT: Refund confirmed. Hopefully they'll actually improve the game enough to make it worth repurchasing.
Wouldn't even buy it then, I don't support companies that blatantly lie. Especially after watching Sean lie to people's face knowing he was lying.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
How do I get the refund? It's a "decent" game, but nothing like I thought it'd be. And I don't feel bad about not supporting the little guy cause he was a bastard and lied to everyone, showing the same damned demo to all media outlets.
They aren't the little guy, they had sony back their funding. That is little by no means.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
I only put a couple hours into the game so far. Haven't even left the first planet.

I hate to get a refund, as I like supporting smaller developers. But I could use the money elsewhere.

I feel really bad for Hello Games and that developer, Sean Murray. They put so much work into this.
If you go to reddit, they compiled a lit of all the lies Sean told to people. Sony backed them, not small by any means. Off the top of my head, ships would fly differently, multiplayer, and faction wars.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter

I'd say multiplayer, customization/different handling ships, everything to do with factions, large scale battles, larger ships moving, planet-side to space-station shipping, hacking, to mention a few of the things I have seen in demos and being talked about (as in asked about specifically), while watching reviews of the game.

Malvariuz

Grand Admiral
Aug 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Malvariuz
they said you would bump into other players - not true, never happens. Actually theres tons of video's where the creators promised all kinds of things, and almost none of them are what they promised, however - NMS is not a bad game in some ways, it has amazing potential - it's just not what it was hyped up to be by a long shot and was deliberately sold and we were lied to about what was possible, I don;t remember the stuff but there was at least a good 10 things that were pure lies.

Think theres a video called "one mans lies" you could watch too.

Malvariuz

Grand Admiral
Aug 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Malvariuz
I'd say multiplayer, customization/different handling ships, everything to do with factions, large scale battles, larger ships moving, planet-side to space-station shipping, hacking, to mention a few of the things I have seen in demos and being talked about (as in asked about specifically), while watching reviews of the game.
day/night cycle revolving planets and rotation, dynamic NPC's and markets and customizations all over - lies !
Where is the faction missions and things you can do ?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Thank You to OP for posting this, otherwise I would still be grinding rocks instead of having money for a real game or more likely, for some fine beer!

The list of lies goes on with actual specific ecossystems/planet, herds of animals, foodchains, AI that actually does more then stand in place (all NPCs) or runs around aimless (all animal life, even if they attack you they do it for a few seconds then their routine resets to aimless wnadering, then attack again)...

You know, I spent almost 30 hours in the game! It's not a bad game, if all you want to do is look at differently colored planets every day and rest your mind while you grind endlessly. But it has nothing more, about 80% of the actual content they promised and shown is missing! I got bored of it in the end, because there is no real progression, but also there is nothing to progress for, there is no challenge. Every planet is the same, every jump is the same after the first 10 systems or so... There is no more content, nothing to discover really, just endless variatons of the same boring thing. Combat is almost unplayable, especially in space, and a fully decked out ship makes no difference. Actually all the crap you can install as upgrades makes not much of a difference. Also upgrading ships is just not worth the time and effort, it takes ages to grind all the stuff for it, makes no difference really when it comes to flying or combat, and you will change your ship like you change the channel when an ad comes on. So every 5 minutes basicly.

The only thing that is more endless and boring then this game is the people's rants about it.

CorruptSave

Rear Admiral
Mar 24, 2016
RSI Handle
CorruptSave
Unfortunately I bought a physical copy so it's too late for me to get a refund but I think I'll trade it in for Deus Ex.

NMS may have been a disappointment but it was good for getting me more hyped and impatient for SC. 3.0 is looking really good; can't even imagine how awesome the full release will be.

Forgot your password?