Steam is allow refund for NMS, No matter how many hours

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I've been rejected several times for a refund and only have 5 hours played. So I've sent an actual message to support.

Did you guys do anything special to get it?

Reactions: Blind Owl

CorruptSave

Rear Admiral
Mar 24, 2016
RSI Handle
CorruptSave
I've been rejected several times for a refund and only have 5 hours played. So I've sent an actual message to support.

Did you guys do anything special to get it?
I belive that's what you have to do; get rejected by the auto response then open a ticket. This goes for steam and psn. Probably the same with anyone else.

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I didn't do anything more than submit a request, took about 2 hours for the confirmation to come in. Had 97 minutes of playtime in total and think the option I selected was the one along the lines of not liking it.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I didn't do anything more than submit a request, took about 2 hours for the confirmation to come in. Had 97 minutes of playtime in total and think the option I selected was the one along the lines of not liking it.
Under two hours and you can get a refund normally.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Steam just rejected my refund. So I sent again with a note. I'd just keep trying.
Weird. I got my refund almost instantly. Did exactly what you said. Requested refund, said the game wasn't what was advertised.
Two refusals so far. Put it in a third and this time to my PayPal so I can put it towards SC now, mwuahaha!
I should have done this instead of putting it into my steam wallet. I have too many games already. All I need to buy is ship stuff.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Weird. I got my refund almost instantly. Did exactly what you said. Requested refund, said the game wasn't what was advertised.

I should have done this instead of putting it into my steam wallet. I have too many games already. All I need to buy is ship stuff.
I'm still getting rejected. It's weird. I'm going to just keep sending them in til I get money back. I'm actually thinking of going through my account and finding all games I've played under 2 hours and refunding them all. Wonder how much money I can rack up that way.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm still getting rejected. It's weird. I'm going to just keep sending them in til I get money back. I'm actually thinking of going through my account and finding all games I've played under 2 hours and refunding them all. Wonder how much money I can rack up that way.
I had the same thought. I've got a shit ton I've never even installed, haha.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I had the same thought. I've got a shit ton I've never even installed, haha.
Damn, also says they're not typically refunded if more than 14 days old. So no way it'd work.

NEWater

Admiral
Aug 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gottahave
I'm just glad I didn't waste my time, money or attention on No Man's Sky. That Sean guy sounded too much like a used car salesman to me and I'm not surprised about how it has all turned out.

Reactions: Murderer

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
Maybe because it's the weekend? I'm getting declined a lot and think it's cause there's no actual people there and a computer is just rejecting because of the 2+ hours played.
you might be right.

hope i can get it refunded on my mastercard, then i will be able to upgrade to a cutlass red...

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
It wouldn't surprise me if a tech savvy lawyer picks this one up on a class action lawsuit. There is such a huge difference between advertised and existing content. If there are widespread difficulties with refunds, I can see this one going to court.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
It wouldn't surprise me if a tech savvy lawyer picks this one up on a class action lawsuit. There is such a huge difference between advertised and existing content. If there are widespread difficulties with refunds, I can see this one going to court.
This game has become the new Alien Colonial Marine. Game companies have a lot of freedom with saying one thing and then doing/delivering another. The game they showed and hyped at E3, On tv, and other games convention was not what was delivered at all. The one thing I like about star citizen even though we are waiting which sucks, all of their demos are live with people playing on stage and we get to play them as well. But when you seen a NMS presentation it was pre recorded and cinematic up.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Do you know if I get the money back and buy other game, if that game can be gifted to other acount or not?

Reactions: Murderer
Forgot your password?