Steam is allow refund for NMS, No matter how many hours

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I'd say to keep bothering them until they let you if you haven't used the refund system much before, but who knows; you might be able to be included on the lawsuit group when it comes about. I'm sure that eventually they'll realize giving a refund to most but not some will be not in their best interests on a game that has gained so much attention in the media for being a complete flop.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Yeah, I've never used the refund system before. Never even heard of it. Hopefully it goes through.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
ok the system have refused me 4 times... trying to open a support ticket instead as some people say to do.
That's what I ended up doing. I put in a ticket this morning and will keep trying until it is successful. However, I suspect there is already an internal policy regarding return requests on No Man's Sky. With all the drama, I would bet that Steam has had a hundred thousand or more return requests so far. That's enough for an internal memo and an official stance on returns for this game.

Like I said, I will keep trying until they give in. It's not about the money. It's about game developers getting away with it. If Hello games is even remotely successful with this game, it will empower every other company to say whatever the hell they want prior to release. There have been many games released where the developer has danced around that line between lie and implication. No Man's Sky completely jumped into the world of fiction and blatantly lied about what was in the game. As such, I don't want them to keep even a cent of my money. I want them to fail, miserably, so that every other developer knows that this is too far.

If they get away with it, there is no telling what the next developer will lie about to sell some games...

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
If they get away with it, there is no telling what the next developer will lie about to sell some games...
The money is the smaller issue here, although the I'd like it back.

You hit the nail on the head here and Hello Games should not be allowed to get away with it. A lot of games promise the world and then closer to release they start shouting their features from the rooftop while remaining eerily quiet about anything else they once promised.

Also, now that Steam has refunded a good portion of gamers yet is rejecting quite as few as well, they've unfortunately been dragged into this. I'm sure once the next business week opens they'll start reviewing cases and issuing refunds, but unfortunately this weekend's auto-rejection has left me, and possibly a lot of others, with a sour taste in their mouths.

As I've said, the money isn't a big deal, but I'd rather not see Hello Games get away with what basically amounts to theft.

Malvariuz

Grand Admiral
Aug 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Malvariuz
Unfortunately I bought a physical copy so it's too late for me to get a refund but I think I'll trade it in for Deus Ex.

NMS may have been a disappointment but it was good for getting me more hyped and impatient for SC. 3.0 is looking really good; can't even imagine how awesome the full release will be.
go to the store you bought it from and ask for a refund, say there has been a recall on it, and the features promised in the game are non-existant. Otherwise cite that the game was fraud.

Aznglow

Rear Admiral
Jul 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Aznglow
Ahh am I ever glad I read the forums today. I am aware of steam's refund policy concerning going over a certain number of hours (I think it's 2?) and I am at 22 hours. I tried SO hard to make myself play it but I found it to be a waste of time with game breaking bugs. Hopefully my refund goes through.

I would normally never even consider asking for a refund but I feel like I was really lied to with the advertising of this game. The videos alone made me think the wildlife would be more interactive. I also have a strict $1 per 1 hour of gameplay policy and I can't make myself play for another 38 hours.

WingCmdr_Goose

Grand Admiral
Jun 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Vault_Dweller
Everyone that I know that bought this game returned it the same day. I share played it on ps4, really boring. I almost fell asleep watching my friend play it.
3 ⭐'s is my rating. Star Citizen still holds my interest. Always has and always will.

Good for casual play or when you don't have anything else to play. Or if you're drunk or high as fuck.

Malvariuz

Grand Admiral
Aug 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Malvariuz
Everyone that I know that bought this game returned it the same day. I share played it on ps4, really boring. I almost fell asleep watching my friend play it.
3 ⭐'s is my rating. Star Citizen still holds my interest. Always has and always will.

Good for casual play or when you don't have anything else to play. Or if you're drunk or high as fuck.
the creators of NMS lied over and over about enough features saying specifically they were going to be released on release with PC and PS4 versions that I can only suspect he knew he was lying and was doing so deliberately. Maybe thinking it was an easy paycheck, scam a KS community and run with the money.
My question is, where is he now ?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Star Citizen still holds my interest. Always has and always will.
This, absolutely this. It amazes me that CIG couldn't have had any better timing with their 3.0 demo. It finally brought together all the different elements that they have been talking about. It showed, for the first time, the cohesive experience that everyone previously could only imagine and hope for. Not only did it do these things, but it did them only 10 days after NMS was released.

I honestly don't think this was a coincidence. Right in the middle of quite possibly the biggest video game failure of the year, CIG stood up and showed everyone what a proper developer looks like. I'm not saying they haven't had their share of missteps, but it is really easy to look like a superstar when you're standing next to Hello Games.

Well played CIG, well played...

Also, still waiting on a ticket response from Steam. I got denied by the auto system a few times and finally put in an actual ticket using words like "scam", "false promises", "lies", and "missing content". I will post as soon as I get word back.

ZombieXII

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
ZombieXII
I put a ticket in as soon as I I read this post on Saturday. It's still pending as I figured they would have a large workload and not much would be done over the weekend. I had about 77hrs on NMS and my last play was on the 18th (not even a week from first play to last) so we'll see if they accept it.

Reactions: Murderer

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Well this is kinda bullshit.

"Message by Support Tech Chuck on Mon, Aug 29 2016 12:37
Thank you for inquiring about a refund for No Man’s Sky. There has been some recent confusion in the community about Steam refunds for this title. Our standard refund policy continues to apply to No Man’s Sky, and playtime continues to matter when refunding the product.

We’ve reviewed your playtime and unfortunately you do not qualify for a refund."

Reactions: AstroSam

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Well this is kinda bullshit.

"Message by Support Tech Chuck on Mon, Aug 29 2016 12:37
Thank you for inquiring about a refund for No Man’s Sky. There has been some recent confusion in the community about Steam refunds for this title. Our standard refund policy continues to apply to No Man’s Sky, and playtime continues to matter when refunding the product.

We’ve reviewed your playtime and unfortunately you do not qualify for a refund."
Odd how they haven't put out a statement then. Maybe they walked back their refund when it started to explode. Maybe the threshold is higher but not like 20hrs higher

Reactions: Murderer
Forgot your password?