Survey: What is the FLAGSHIP in you fleet ?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
You should be able to switch weapons, turret and center room module.

View attachment 13878
Once the module code is written, yes. We know that isn't the case, yet, based on what J. C. said.

In fact nothing, official, has been mentioned as to what is going to be done with BUK's in the meantime. One would hope that the weapons would be dropped into our inventory.

Oh, can I please have a bucket of paint? The new Sentinel colors are hideous.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You should be able to switch weapons, turret and center room module.

View attachment 13878
I was under the impression that this gameplay wasn't available yet? Which is why I chose to have the Harby with Sentinel BUK, instead of the other way around, as at least the Harby will have applications in game in the near term, while the Sentinels EWAR capability may be a ways off.
Once the module code is written, yes. We know that isn't the case, yet, based on what J. C. said.

In fact nothing, official, has been mentioned as to what is going to be done with BUK's in the meantime. One would hope that the weapons would be dropped into our inventory.

Ok, so it isn't written yet. I know Noobifier has done a few videos on this, as CIG has flip-flopped on it a few times.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I was under the impression that this gameplay wasn't available yet? Which is why I chose to have the Harby with Sentinel BUK, instead of the other way around, as at least the Harby will have applications in game in the near term, while the Sentinels EWAR capability may be a ways off.

Ok, so it isn't written yet. I know Noobifier has done a few videos on this, as CIG has flip-flopped on it a few times.
Noob jumped the gun. He kept claiming CIG got rid of them after CIG changed the nomenclature. It isn't available or you could swap the Warden and Hoplite modules.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Noob jumped the gun. He kept claiming CIG got rid of them after CIG changed the nomenclature. It isn't available or you could swap the Warden and Hoplite modules.
Yeah, ok. I remember when they changed the nomenclature. Got me all worried, so I've been keeping my BUK in my hangar,, just in case.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .the Sentinels EWAR capability may be a ways off.
I hope not. I was really hoping they'd release it when the release the Sentinel, or why release the ship at all? I think though the Carrack will be out with 3.7 so I may just be happy to crew for whoever wants to fly the coolest ship in game at that point.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I hope not. I was really hoping they'd release it when the release the Sentinel, or why release the ship at all? I think though the Carrack will be out with 3.7 so I may just be happy to crew for whoever wants to fly the coolest ship in game at that point.
JC did say it would be a while, and that the Sentinel would be distortion weapon armed.

Which is why I want my Warden weapons.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Since almost no one else has said it, I'm gonna say my Carrack. 😏 Is it accurate that the only pilot controlled weapons on the retaliator are the torpedos? I've got a bomber waiting but I just haven't gotten around to buying it back yet. When I get around to it and they release modules I've got my cargo and living quarters ready.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm expecting to have at least one Vanguard frame and Hoplite, Harbinger and Sentinel modules, and a full selection of equipment. Any particular task and I want to be able to pick and choose. Certainly one needs to have lots of choices for that chin gun, both S4 and S5, but I want to be able to swap out Void armor and anything else I like too. I talk about the Sentinel a lot, but I think the Hoplite is the one that may get the most use. I am really interested to see how stealthed out it can be made. The Hardpoint calculator shows it as emitting 33k, but if you tweek it and shut down systems you can get it under 1k. With 8 S3 missiles to select from, you really don't need to run all those systems until battle is joined.

BTW in case anyone reads these things about stats, the Sledge II and Strife weapons are close to identical, and they are due to be updated in 3.7 or 3.8. You may recall the Sledge II was the hands down favorite S2 weapon a couple years ago until it was nerfed. Well, it was updated in Hardpoint recently, and it is no longer nerfed. It is on paper the ruling S2 ballistic weapon, so go check it out. Needs lots of power though.

. . .but yeah for a flagship, certainly the Polaris.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I was under the impression that this gameplay wasn't available yet?
👇👇👇

Which is why I chose to have the Harby with Sentinel BUK, instead of the other way around, as at least the Harby will have applications in game in the near term, while the Sentinels EWAR capability may be a ways off.
The hulls are variants, which would mean that lets say, if the Sentinel has 10 wing mounted missile racks, while the Warden has 4 wing mounted missile racks and 6 wing mounted weapon points, those variant properties will stay the same. You should be able to swap out the center room module, the nose weapons and the turret, but the rest would stay the same. Essentially you would have a Harby with Sentinel parts.

The Warden, Sentinel and Harbinger should have center room module hardpoints, while the Hoplite doesn't has a center room module hardpoint. It makes sense. The Hoplite has a wider ramp and thus wider center room to accommodate drop

skins!!!! Yeap, the Sentinel used to have a glorious paint job, It almost made me choose that above the Warden, but.... you could get LTI Harbinger and LTI Sentinel BUKs, but no LTI Warden BUK. The Sentinel and Harbinger BUKs were available at concept sale while the Warden BUK only was available at the 2 and 3 years anniversary sale?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, I hope so too, but I'm gathering that it may be a pipe dream to have it ready when the ship is, lol. Kinda like salvage and the reclaimer.
The hulls are variants, which would mean that lets say, if the Sentinel has 10 wing mounted missile racks, while the Warden has 4 wing mounted missile racks and 6 wing mounted weapon points, those variant properties will stay the same. You should be able to swap out the center room module, the nose weapons and the turret, but the rest would stay the same. Essentially you would have a Harby with Sentinel parts.
And the Harby has higher base armour I believe. So Sentinel parts with higher armour is what I'm going for, lol. Even though I'm more interested in the Sentinel gameplay.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yeah, I hope so too, but I'm gathering that it may be a pipe dream to have it ready when the ship is, lol. Kinda like salvage and the reclaimer.

And the Harby has higher base armour I believe. So Sentinel parts with higher armour is what I'm going for, lol. Even though I'm more interested in the Sentinel gameplay.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The original write up had the only differences being additional cockpit armor on the Harbinger the AR cockpit on the Sentinel and the wider ramp on the Hoplite.

The Warden, Sentinel and Harbinger should have center room module hardpoints, while the Hoplite doesn't has a center room module hardpoint. It makes sense. The Hoplite has a wider ramp and thus wider center room to accommodate drop.
The ramp and rear interior are now identical on all 4 Vanguards. It was implied that the Hoplite now also has the center room as a module. Though I don't recall if it was stated outright. In 3.6 the module, for either the Warden or the Hoplite, is not shown as on a hardpoint.
It was stated that the code is not there for modules.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Now I'm concerned. The original Q&A stated that the cockpit would be changeable. But the new variants, modules, etc write up words it different. That troubles me, as I believe the AR cockpit will be a large part of the Sentinels capability.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Now I'm concerned. The original Q&A stated that the cockpit would be changeable. But the new variants, modules, etc write up words it different. That troubles me, as I believe the AR cockpit will be a large part of the Sentinels capability.
I am concerned that the Sentinel now has lighter armor. It is a Wild Weasel.
That means it is supposed to draw fire.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I am concerned that the Sentinel now has lighter armor. It is a Wild Weasel.
That means it is supposed to draw fire.
Lol, I guess time will tell what we end up with?
The AR Cockpit and the paint scheme is why I chose the Sentinel. In 3.7 I get neither.
So no special cockpit eh? Interesting. Maybe the only thing that changes between the ships will be the center. In which case I'm good to go with the Harby, lol.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The AR Cockpit and the paint scheme is why I chose the Sentinel. In 3.7 I get neither.
They've scrapped the AR cockpit? I must have missed that announcement have you got a link to the details?

I suppose getting an EMP generator rather than EMP missiles might make up for no VR cockpit, but that's a major part of the concept of the Sentinel gone.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
They've scrapped the AR cockpit? I must have missed that announcement have you got a link to the details?

I suppose getting an EMP generator rather than EMP missiles might make up for no VR cockpit, but that's a major part of the concept of the Sentinel gone.
I'll be really interested to see how his all shakes out in the long run.

Forgot your password?