• No

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'm thinking of moving to a Hardcore server. I know that I'm still new to the game and no expert, but already it has become supremely easy to do things. I don't think I've died since level 20 and now I'm around 50.

Also, even though the server is PvPvE, there doesn't seem to be any fighting at all. Which I'm not complaining, I wouldn't really want to fight you guys either. One reason is because I'm too low level and another is that I don't really want to fight any of you.

Building stuff is fun and all, but I liked the thrill of low levels and the fear of dying to things. I think that hardcore would bring that back as you actually lose everything.

I dunno, just a few random thoughts from me. Although I think it'd be pretty awesome if we all consolidated into a single Test tribe and worked together on another server. But I understand if you guys don't want to leave all your hard work behind.

Reactions: RipVanDan

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
you do understand what a hardcore server is right??? Every time you die... you come back as a Level 1 noob Along with alot of other hard stuff

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
you do understand what a hardcore server is right??? Every time you die... you come back as a Level 1 noob Along with alot of other hard stuff
Yeah. I'm not set on it but I may try one. There's really no penalty for death. And the game is pretty much Minecraftwith dinos.

I may just play on a Hardcore when I feel like a challenge and play on ours when I wanna build.

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
Yha your on a friendly server... not many out there are.. Even most of the PVE servers are violent and full of asshats.. We are carebears compared to other servers

Reactions: Grimbli

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Yha your on a friendly server... not many out there are.. Even most of the PVE servers are violent and full of asshats.. We are carebears compared to other servers
Definitely. It's probably as close to playing offline as you can get. And there's people to talk to. So I like it. I might just pop on Hardcores every once in a while.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Definitely. It's probably as close to playing offline as you can get. And there's people to talk to. So I like it. I might just pop on Hardcores every once in a while.
Seems like there is more TESTing and science on our server than most others.. Because it is easy to work together. I do like the idea of eventually running a TEST tribe on another server. Right now I see our server as a training server for TESTies.

Reactions: Sanbo and Grimbli

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
FYI I'm back in civilization now, though I cannot seem to get ssh access from this hotel. If the server needs updating or restarting it will be another day or two before I can do it.

Reactions: Xaing and Sanbo

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
FYI I'm back in civilization now, though I cannot seem to get ssh access from this hotel. If the server needs updating or restarting it will be another day or two before I can do it.
Another big update is expected sometime this week. So looks like you have a few days at least if the update doesn't get pushed back again.

v239, ETA: April 19
- New Creature: Direbear!
- New Creature: Manta!
- New Structure: Chemistry Table!
- New Structure: Primitive Cannon!
- First 3 Bosses and Boss Arenas!
- Breeding Mechanics Phase 2
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
- Epic 4K Texture Deployment (all textures at source resolution)! Better texture pool utilization at all Texture setting levels
- Fixed timeouts that people were getting connecting to servers that used lots of Mods
- Fixed issue with placeable explosive/traps collisions
- Fixed physx issue that could cause excessive server lag
Drake's Note: Sorry for the Delay folks, was an INTENSE week and is gonna be an awesome update!
[MORE NOTES TO COME]

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

Reactions: Grimbli

Xaing

Admiral
Nov 11, 2015
RSI Handle
Xaingu
Small update on my perdicament, somehow the feeding trough I had been using to feed my Dino's got broke yesterday so now I can't feed my dinos :( I know Xist is still a few days out so if hydro gets a chance to log on I would appreciate the help getting the tribe glitch sorted out.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Small update on my perdicament, somehow the feeding trough I had been using to feed my Dino's got broke yesterday so now I can't feed my dinos :( I know Xist is still a few days out so if hydro gets a chance to log on I would appreciate the help getting the tribe glitch sorted out.
If you get desperate, you can trank your dinos and load them up with food. Hopefully no deaths would be involved, but it is Ark and death happens... a lot.

Reactions: Xaing

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Holy hell did I have a day. Xalesh comes to give me a baby Oviraptor so my eggs lay faster and after he leaves a big ape man comes and kills my Pteranadon. So I get a new one and train a few more raptors. Head off to find obsidian cause I want a pump shotgun and my second Pteranadon died to a single raptor cause I couldn't get him to stop aggroing (I just got a new mouse and unbound the key)

So I decide to stay at the mountain and make a base, taming a Doed! Use most of my shells for the first shotgun on Argents that keep bombing my base. But now I have a little hut on a mountainside and am making it home. When I tame an Argent I can fly my Doed back to my main base and start getting tons of obsidian.

Good day all in all! Love this game.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
You missed all the free cookies today grimbli!!! Xaing, Dan, and Icono all got two cookies today!!!

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Munken or someone with mystical admin powers could you please edit the original post to include the 2.5 time rate and 5 time maturation rate. I think it would be good for the new players to see it all in one place without having to read the entire thead.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Munken or someone with mystical admin powers could you please edit the original post to include the 2.5 time rate and 5 time maturation rate. I think it would be good for the new players to see it all in one place without having to read the entire thead.
Done and Done. Thanks for reminding me.

Forgot your password?