• Total voters

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
OK. Server restarted, should be up again in 5-10 minutes.

Reactions: Sanbo

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Also, as far as the inactive tribes go. Please reply here with your tribe name and in game character name within a week or your bases will be cleared for new players to take. Thanks everyone for making this an awesome server.
Tribe: 42% More Beer
Character: Halvix

There are so many little huts and half built houses around, some messing up spawns.. would be nice to get rid of a few of them at least. Like that thatch foundation that was near a beaver spawn that I forgot to demolish while trying to tame beavers. I did go back and remove it.. Beavers were actually still spawning by it.

Reactions: Grimbli

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
Also, as far as the inactive tribes go. Please reply here with your tribe name and in game character name within a week or your bases will be cleared for new players to take. Thanks everyone for making this an awesome server.
You know it might be a simple fix by turning on decay and setting higher than 1. So you get just a little over a week for wood and almost 2 weeks for stone. That way if somebody takes a break they would still be good for awhile. That way we can see in game the last time somebody was on. and it would help keep the server fresh. Thoughts?

Thatch = 4 days Wood = 8 days Stone = 12 days Metal = 16 days Default times.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Tribe :Wolf Pack
Member: RipVanDan
Location 70 82, and others.
Time to invade!! ;)

You know it might be a simple fix by turning on decay and setting higher than 1. So you get just a little over a week for wood and almost 2 weeks for stone. That way if somebody takes a break they would still be good for awhile. That way we can see in game the last time somebody was on. and it would help keep the server fresh. Thoughts?

Thatch = 4 days Wood = 8 days Stone = 12 days Metal = 16 days Default times.
Would this require repairing my structure pieces? I don't think I'd have the time to do that every week.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
Time to invade!! ;)

Would this require repairing my structure pieces? I don't think I'd have the time to do that every week.
No its just a timer and when it expires anybody can walk up and destroy it just like you own it.

Reactions: Grimbli

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
No its just a timer and when it expires anybody can walk up and destroy it just like you own it.
Ahh, good! I'd probably be logging on within the timer, but if I didn't it'd be just beyond it.

Good thing my base is super secret!

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I wouldn't mind having the decay turned. It's been so long since I've had a large base with decay though that I need to read into it to make sure we don't have whole sections of the base pop up for destruction.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
I wouldn't mind having the decay turned. It's been so long since I've had a large base with decay though that I need to read into it to make sure we don't have whole sections of the base pop up for destruction.
Yes. Im at work right now so I can't get to half of the websites. Love gov computers........

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Decay is pretty easy to manage. You only need to login and render the base to reset the timer.

The biggest risk is for remote bases that you rarely visit. It is common for people to break into them when they are demoable and take whatever valuables you have inside.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
you can increase the time to some thing like 1.2. So wood is like 10 days though can't you?

It just takes one person from a tribe to reset the timer if i read everything right.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
you can increase the time to some thing like 1.2. So wood is like 10 days though can't you?

It just takes one person from a tribe to reset the timer if i read everything right.
Yes, I think that's possible.

Not sure if I will be able to make config changes until I'm back from vacation, but @Hydro_Axis can do it.

Halesh

Commander
Mar 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Halesh
I just had a brilliant or stupid idea. You all know we can´t fit mounts into the ice cave....... but what about puppies? They are narrower than a player and roughly the same hight when prone. I don't mind breeding some of my lower females for testing purposes...... of course if we try a lot of them one or two is bound to make it in

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
I just had a brilliant or stupid idea. You all know we can´t fit mounts into the ice cave....... but what about puppies? They are narrower than a player and roughly the same hight when prone. I don't mind breeding some of my lower females for testing purposes...... of course if we try a lot of them one or two is bound to make it in
You know eggs fit in an inventory. We could just build a breeding station inside.. I like where this is going :D

Halesh

Commander
Mar 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Halesh
Was just suggesting the wolves since I have been actively breeding them. Anything high lvl that fits inside the cave would probably work via egg

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Someone found my base! My secret of secrets! Welp, time to move!

Reactions: Xaing

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Well we were going to tame the sarco in that one cave until someone decided to go get eaten by it

Forgot your password?