• Total voters

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Taming rate would be nice. I've had a ton either wake up or killed on me. Then again I'm just starting. I just got Narcotics though!
The taming rate is already accelerated to 2.5x faster than normal. That means small dinos are really easy to do, and the big dinos are easy if you have kibble for them. (In other words, you are still incentivized to use kibble rather than berries or raw meat).

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Restarting server in 5 minutes to decrease baby maturation time to 5x.

Reactions: Sanbo

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Should be good to go now.

Let me know if we need to make baby maturation even faster. It goes at 5x speed now so the time during which you can do nothing but feed babies is a lot shorter.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
The taming rate is already accelerated to 2.5x faster than normal. That means small dinos are really easy to do, and the big dinos are easy if you have kibble for them. (In other words, you are still incentivized to use kibble rather than berries or raw meat).
No idea what kibble is. I'll look out for it. If they're already 2.5 then I doubt I'd want to play on a normal server.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
No idea what kibble is. I'll look out for it. If they're already 2.5 then I doubt I'd want to play on a normal server.
Kibble is the dino's favorite food. Each dino prefers a different kind of kibble.

To make kibble, you must have a small farm of at least 4 large crop plots, and make each of the advanced crops. Then you basically take some crops, some berries and some sort of meat or jerky and combine it in a cooking pot to make kibble.

When you are taming a dino, if you tame them with kibble, it is WAY WAY faster than if you just use ordinary berries or meat.

Definitely read up about it on the official wiki. It's the only sane way to tame. :)

EDIT: Example:

A 120 Rex just using meat takes 14 hours. Using exclusively prime meat takes 4:40. Using kibble takes 2:49.

On our server it's actually 2.5 times faster than that, so if you have 53 scorpion kibble you can tame a 120 Rex in about 1 hour on our server.

Reactions: Grimbli

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Saturday Fun Day

Anyone who wants to participate in a Saturday Cave clear extravaganza is more than welcome to come and participate. Sanbo, Audax, and I (possibly JC as well) are going to be clearing every cave for all the artifacts and would like to invite anyone and everyone on the server to join us. We will create an alliance for all tribes that will be participating and pvp will be suspended in the area until completion of the event. Safe passage to and from the caves will be promised.

For those of you new to caves run, bring food, health potions, sleeping bags, and ammo/melee weapons. We will be using mounts for the first six but the last two will be on foot.

Also, I want to get a picture of everyone on the server on their mount of choice. Again, a temporary server alliance will enable all of us to come together without fear of death. If anyone has recommendations on a spot they want the picture to be taken let me know.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Saturday Fun Day

Anyone who wants to participate in a Saturday Cave clear extravaganza is more than welcome to come and participate. Sanbo, Audax, and I (possibly JC as well) are going to be clearing every cave for all the artifacts and would like to invite anyone and everyone on the server to join us. We will create an alliance for all tribes that will be participating and pvp will be suspended in the area until completion of the event. Safe passage to and from the caves will be promised.

For those of you new to caves run, bring food, health potions, sleeping bags, and ammo/melee weapons. We will be using mounts for the first six but the last two will be on foot.

Also, I want to get a picture of everyone on the server on their mount of choice. Again, a temporary server alliance will enable all of us to come together without fear of death. If anyone has recommendations on a spot they want the picture to be taken let me know.
I won't be able to make it but that's probably a good thing. I still have stone tools and my mount of choice is a sleeping bag as I die so often! Lol

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Saturday Fun Day

Unfortunately I can't join tomorrow but it definitely sounds like a good time. :)

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Guys I'm heading out on vacation for a few weeks.

I'll have internet for the first week but then no internet at all for about 10 days.

@Hydro_Axis will you be able to admin the server, apply updates and restarts while I'm gone?

If not, I can train someone else to do it. I just don't want something to go wrong and then nobody can play because I'm on vacation.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Guys I'm heading out on vacation for a few weeks.

I'll have internet for the first week but then no internet at all for about 10 days.

@Hydro_Axis will you be able to admin the server, apply updates and restarts while I'm gone?

If not, I can train someone else to do it. I just don't want something to go wrong and then nobody can play because I'm on vacation.

I just was coming on to let you know there is a patch to apply :)

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I just was coming on to let you know there is a patch to apply :)
I just checked and there is no server patch available.

Sometimes they update clients but they don't update the server.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Don't worry about that, I can hook you up. I'll even try to find you a good mount.
Thanks, but I prefer to get things myself. I like feeling the achievement. As for a mount I can't get one til I figure out how to log in on the road. It'd die of hunger cause I only log in once a week.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Found this video for anyone with a crappy computer or just wanting to squeeze more FPS outta the game.

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
Hey Xist ark has a big patch.. if you have time can you patch it soon? 3 new dinos and alot of other updates

Current Version: v238.1
Unversioned Hotfix (Client-side): Fixed incorrect terrain materials.
* Fixed a server startup crash from v280.0 ;) -- Server admins please update to v238.1!
v238.0
* New 'Dino': Woolly Rhino!
* New 'Dino': Eurypterid!
* New 'Dino': Dunkleosteus!
* New "Extinction" Servers which reset after each month, with an in-game countdown and dramatic meteor impact!
* Fixed Wild Beaver Dams Spawns

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
* New 'Dino': Woolly Rhino!
* New 'Dino': Eurypterid!
* New 'Dino': Dunkleosteus!
Sweet!

Now to figure out how to keep my tamed dinos with food all week without it spoiling. Will they die from hunger? I could try dodo kibble, but it's hard to make. It'd last 12 days though.

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
yes they can die from hunger.. you have to get a friend to fill your trophs

Forgot your password?