• No

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
So is this game very good? I've heard it's grindy. And how many people play on the Test server? Noob friendly?

I saw an Ankylosaurus and freaked the fuck out! It's my favorite Dino! Shut up, you know you still love dinosaurs!

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
So is this game very good? I've heard it's grindy. And how many people play on the Test server? Noob friendly?

I saw an Ankylosaurus and freaked the fuck out! It's my favorite Dino! Shut up, you know you still love dinosaurs!
There is a pretty regular group of people on the server at any given time. A few of us play Ark a little too much, but it's ok, its what we enjoy doing. We have on average lately 9-11 people on in the early evening to early morning. Daytime US is normally very low, but we have definitely been loving the new players coming on and learning how to play.

Reactions: Sanbo

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
i dont mind going all PVE cause this is a huge map that is crowded cause we are all in the same little place..... i have the perfect place i want to move to if we go full PVE

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Well if you go full pvp, and someone claims a mountain, there is no way to contest that except via admin intervention. Is that not a concern?

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo

lol thats why most of us play.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
Holy crap! Thanks for keeping watch ... I know we've been pretty inactive lately.
No worry's I was just flying by on my way to Seth's and seen it. Seth is the one who dropped it with his OP X-bow. It really was a win/win Perfect spot for a tame :P

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I don't think we have to change it to a PVE server just say follow the test golden rule as stated by our glorious leader in the latest SOTS "Don't be a dick."

Addition
I will not attack any other player unless it is consensual. I also have items available outside my base for anyone to use. I have dinos inside my building set to aggressive but nothing outside. If you want to grab eggs off the ground be my guest and the plants are free too. All the newbies just let me know if you need anything, this game made me rage quit every time I played it. Once you get past the dying to everything it is an awesome game.

Last edited:

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
So, I made a mistake.......

On my local game, I started building a really nice water base, and I figured I would go check out that location on the server. Low and behold, Best Tribe is already set up there, and I guess I wandered too close, and , well, got mowed down by the Plant turrets. I did manage to reteieve my raft, but my body still lies on the shore. I started building across the channel from there, cause its a really nice place for a water base.

I was just looking around, wasn't looking for trouble, or anything. Just curious. Anyways, That was the first couple of hours today, and I will be on most of the day, as its my day off, and the kids like watching me play Ark.

Reactions: RipVanDan and Sanbo

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
The new patch is out for the ester stuff and the BUNNY DODO REX!!!!!!!!!!!

server needs an update

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Updated. Restarting now, available for play in ~ 10 minutes.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
So I bit the bullet and got Ark. Will be playing on server soon. It looks amazing, but what do you guys do in game?

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
So I bit the bullet and got Ark. Will be playing on server soon. It looks amazing, but what do you guys do in game?
The first 10 hours or so, you learn how to die. You will find many, many ways.

After that, you gather materials and build for another few hours.

Then you're ready to tame your first dino.

After that, more gathering, more building, more taming. Eventually you can raise baby dinos.

On a pvp server, there is fighting mixed in to all of this.

Reactions: RipVanDan

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
There was discussion in Discord about changing settings on the server. I recommend double the maturation rate and egg hatch rate. We need a consensus for the server so sound off on it if you like or have better ideas.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Sounds good to me, I would also like to see the taming speed boosted a bit, I don't have enough free time to sit and watch over some of the Dinos while they tame. I sat for most of one night watching a level 12 Pteranodon tame.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Easy enough to do.

It has been suggested to do 5x which honestly sounds decent. Raising babies at default sucks.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Taming rate would be nice. I've had a ton either wake up or killed on me. Then again I'm just starting. I just got Narcotics though!

Forgot your password?